Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2019, 11:44 AM

3,049 posts, read 4,545,011 times

Advertisements

Those of us who lived through the terror of the "gangsta rap" era in L.A. in the late 80s and early 90s have a little PTSD, no doubt.

I was living in Santa Monica at the time, and I remember when gang members from Inglewood and South LA would pull right off the off-ramps of the 10 and randomly rob neighborhood homes, pistol whip people and then get back on the freeway and leave back to their own neighborhoods. It felt helpless.

That was when when crime was through the roof: muggings, armed robberies, home invasions, drive-by shootings, rape, murders everywhere, riots, racial tension, random brain bleeds on the sidewalks, white flight to the suburbs, exurbs and out of state, etc.

I don't know a single longtime Angeleno who looks back fondly upon those decades. Los Angeles, as a city, is a lot more educated, focused, cohesive and a lot more compassionate these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2019, 11:46 AM

4,795 posts, read 4,821,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Don't know what site you got that info off of, but it could not be further from the truth.'
I'm Huge of his music and have but one of mixtapes. Lets just wait for the facts to come out. Lets not come into Threads Spouting crap you know nothing about. The politics thread is down the hall to the right
This was a good man with a Family trying to do good in the Community he grew up in, you know something us Real Republicans admire, Have Some Frckin Empathy
I got that from all of the news reports last night. Now of course news has changed again as they have named a suspect and said the murder was retaliation for a argument they got into:

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...402-story.html

I'm not a republican so don't lump me into yours or any other tribal group think ideology. I feel bad for his family. I never said he deserved to die, only that he appears to have made bad choices early in life. I'm commenting on news reports but I do recommend that nobody takes anything the news, social media, law enforcement or government report as facts because every day it's more clear that we are all fed lies and fake news and everything has an agenda. I believe the most likely reason he was killed is related to the documentary he was working on and the guy that killed him is probably a patsy like Oswald. You can wait for the facts but whatever is eventually the "official story" will probably be fictionalized

Old 04-02-2019, 11:50 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,451,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
I don't see any toxicity. I see some people who think he got what he deserved because of the lifestyle he lived. I personally never heard of the guy until he got killed so I don't have much judgement. It seems like he was in a gang and the police are saying his murder was green lit by his own gang for snitching probably because he was going to be talking to the chief of LAPD this week about gangs. Maybe he turned his life around and was living positively (although it sounds like he was still affiliated with his gang util the end). Unfortunately you can't run from your past and if you make some really bad choices when you were 15 years old then they can catch up to you later in life. It sounds like he was trying to help other kids not make the same mistakes so that is commendable if true. He also talked about at least being present for murders which makes him an accessory to murder at the very least so even if he was trying to change he still probably did terrible things that 99.9% of use would never consider and you reap what you sow.
Agree . Per LAPD it sounds like he was still hanging with gang members.

He also unfortunately appears to have been a racist, sadly . Aren’t there better role models out there ?

“On Victory Lap's Kendrick Lamar collaboration “Dedication,” Hussle raps, “Royalties, publishing, plus I own masters/ I'll be damned if I slave for some white crackers”

Old 04-02-2019, 12:20 PM

427 posts, read 367,885 times
Quote:
He also unfortunately appears to have been a racist, sadly . Aren’t there better role models out there ?

“On Victory Lap's Kendrick Lamar collaboration “Dedication,” Hussle raps, “Royalties, publishing, plus I own masters/ I'll be damned if I slave for some white crackers”
Ugh. Yet another reason to move to Phoenix!

Old 04-02-2019, 01:53 PM

3,049 posts, read 4,545,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleCar View Post
Ugh. Yet another reason to move to Phoenix!

Phoenix is headquarters of the Nation of Islam.

So yeah, you go right on ahead with that move, Sweetie...

Old 04-02-2019, 02:04 PM

427 posts, read 367,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttam186290 View Post

Phoenix is headquarters of the Nation of Islam.

So yeah, you go right on ahead with that move, Sweetie...
Gauging from the news articles published, it's not too tolerated over there.

Old 04-02-2019, 02:12 PM

3,877 posts, read 3,894,149 times
Wow, I had no idea the imapact this dude had on Los Angeles. I know for a Fact he's deeply missed by millions. After seeing the surveillance video you get a real picture of how fragile human life is. This guy didn't have a chance at all he was dead within an hour. I agree with one of the other posters that these last two days have been just weird...

Old 04-02-2019, 02:27 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,821,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean1the1 View Post
Wow, I had no idea the imapact this dude had on Los Angeles. I know for a Fact he's deeply missed by millions. After seeing the surveillance video you get a real picture of how fragile human life is. This guy didn't have a chance at all he was dead within an hour. I agree with one of the other posters that these last two days have been just weird...
And you see what looks to be his body guard getting out of the black SUV with a gun after everyone was shot and the suspect was running away. If that was his body guard and I assume it was ,it was a pretty bad tactical position to be set up sitting in a car facing the person you are guarding when there is cover on all the sides he is looking at and the only blindside is behind him. He definitely should have been set up facing out of the parking lot so he could see people sneaking up from behind. It almost makes it look like a set up but he probably just made the mistake of hiring one of his buddies to be his body guard instead of a pro with military and/or law enforcement background.

LAPD has now pretty much greenlit the suspect because they have plastered his name and photos all over the media. Pressure to turn himself in but he probably wont' make it to a police station even if he tries to turn himself in. I'm guessing the people in the deceased camp already knew who did and were looking for him before the LAPD put his name and photo out there.

Old 04-02-2019, 02:40 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,451,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
And you see what looks to be his body guard getting out of the black SUV with a gun after everyone was shot and the suspect was running away. If that was his body guard and I assume it was ,it was a pretty bad tactical position to be set up sitting in a car facing the person you are guarding when there is cover on all the sides he is looking at and the only blindside is behind him. He definitely should have been set up facing out of the parking lot so he could see people sneaking up from behind. It almost makes it look like a set up but he probably just made the mistake of hiring one of his buddies to be his body guard instead of a pro with military and/or law enforcement background.

LAPD has now pretty much greenlit the suspect because they have plastered his name and photos all over the media. Pressure to turn himself in but he probably wont' make it to a police station even if he tries to turn himself in. I'm guessing the people in the deceased camp already knew who did and were looking for him before the LAPD put his name and photo out there.

Yeah I read something saying he hired a lot of people from the community and formerly incarcerated, so wouldn't be surprised.

On twitter, in regards to the suspect a lot of people are saying "the streets will get him , not police". It'll be interesting to see what happens.

I see the Mayor and LAPD are putting a lot of tweets out about this. Too bad every killing in L.A doesn't get as much attention.

Last week 26 people were shot and 10 killed in L.A

https://patch.com/california/los-ang...sle-live-video

Old 04-02-2019, 02:44 PM

1,805 posts, read 2,366,985 times
Captured

https://twitter.com/CBSLA/status/1113176738031271936
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles