Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2019, 11:25 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,451,703 times

Advertisements

How nice our LAPD is teaming up with the Nation of Islam /Farrakhan to provide security for this event . Wow

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2019...tion-of-islam/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2019, 11:52 PM

307 posts, read 242,126 times
Alot of anger and hate in this thread. Nipsey was changing and doing a lot for the neighborhood he grew up in. Yes he still had a foot dangling in with his former gang ties and maybe that's what ultimately did him in but at the same time who knows who he would've been 2-4 years from now had he been alive. Alot of these American heroes and businessmen have the same type backgrounds but their stories are worded and coded differently. Go watch 'The Pirates of Silicon Valley'

Old 04-11-2019, 12:24 AM

399 posts, read 406,949 times
The guy profited off of perpetuating a negative stereotype and then learned that the stink doesn't wash off just because you've made millions in blood money and now decided to go clean.

People make him out to be a hero because he opened a few programs for black kids to soothe his guilty conscience after poisoning their minds with romanticized portrayals of the gangster life.

I'm sure the kids saw him rolling around town getting chauffeured in his Maybach doing jack **** all day while living a life of luxury and thought to themselves "Better hit the books and toil in anonymity for the next 20 years so I can be like Ben Carson!" instead of "I wanna live the good life like Nipsey!"

Old 04-11-2019, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KazChasey View Post
The guy profited off of perpetuating a negative stereotype and then learned that the stink doesn't wash off just because you've made millions in blood money and now decided to go clean.

People make him out to be a hero because he opened a few programs for black kids to soothe his guilty conscience after poisoning their minds with romanticized portrayals of the gangster life.

I'm sure the kids saw him rolling around town getting chauffeured in his Maybach doing jack **** all day while living a life of luxury and thought to themselves "Better hit the books and toil in anonymity for the next 20 years so I can be like Ben Carson!" instead of "I wanna live the good life like Nipsey!"
Blood Money???? He sold f*cking mixtapes for years!!! And I hope you're not a fan of The Godfather, Scareface, or Goodfellas.

Old 04-11-2019, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA All Day View Post
Why not both? Individuals have aptitudes for different things. This idea that black or latino kids are inherently incapable of grasping STEM fields...let's just say yall would probably make some friends in the Chi sub.
Their minds are made up in here already. Save your breath

Old 04-11-2019, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro1000 View Post
Alot of anger and hate in this thread. Nipsey was changing and doing a lot for the neighborhood he grew up in. Yes he still had a foot dangling in with his former gang ties and maybe that's what ultimately did him in but at the same time who knows who he would've been 2-4 years from now had he been alive. Alot of these American heroes and businessmen have the same type backgrounds but their stories are worded and coded differently. Go watch 'The Pirates of Silicon Valley'

A lot of American businessmen were in the Crips?...

Old 04-11-2019, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
A lot of American businessmen were in the Crips?...
Is that the only gang in America

Old 04-11-2019, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro1000 View Post
Is that the only gang in America
No unfortunately there are many others . I just mentioned the one Nipsey was a member of .

Old 04-11-2019, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
No unfortunately there are many others . I just mentioned the one Nipsey was a member of .
You're missing the point. Gangs and gangster activities come in all forms, shapes, and colors. Forget Nipsey.. These are the gangsters everyone loves and roots for:

-Avenatti indicted on 36 charges of tax dodging, perjury, theft from clients

https://www.latimes.com/politics/la-...411-story.html

-L.A. developer of celebrity real estate arrested in alleged $1.3-billion Ponzi scam

https://www.latimes.com/business/la-...411-story.html

Old 04-11-2019, 11:39 PM

3,049 posts, read 4,545,011 times
I tuned into the local news tonight and was quickly greeted by "the procession" from DTLA, through South LA, Crenshaw and Inglewood. I watched, tried to have an open mind and --- it never fails. ...Here comes the violence, stampedes, trash and litter left everywhere.

Sigh.

What is it about rap groupies and piles of freaking trash?

It gets monotonous...same trashy people, same issues, same behaviors.

Reluctantly changed the channel to HLN to actually get some news.

Last edited by kttam186290; 04-12-2019 at 12:43 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles