U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2019, 04:17 AM

2,559 posts, read 2,837,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleCar View Post
None of what you said is relevant to a white homeowner in the defense industry. Again, not enough pay for the standard of living I expect in L.A. but enough in every other city, including the one I grew up in. But I dont like snow or humidity so the best option is to leave whackjob ******* centrist L.A. and go somewhere normal. My apologies if you're so smoke screened by L.A. that you dont know what that means. I'd be sorry to be you.
First you told us you were in tech, now it's defense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amokk View Post
What does your being white have to do at all with his post? You have issues.
That's about 75% of his "issue". He thinks, as a white male, he's not being worshipped to the degree he should be in multicultural Los Angeles County.

It's evident in almost all of his posts. I'm sensing a lot of arrogance.

He claims he lives in San Dimas, which is a very comfortable suburb with lots of white people, chain restaurants and big box stores... yet, it's not enough. And he keeps bringing up the "standard of living".

He talks with a weird sort of resentment like he's being forced to live in Watts, Willowbrook or South LA.

Something's truly amiss with this one...I'm telling you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2019, 04:31 AM

17,063 posts, read 20,867,087 times
Quote:
It's in process
Move to Las Vegas, a conservative city that's stuck in the 1960's. The proposal to build Las Vegas' first light rail line from the Airport to downtown was recently scrapped in favor of Bus Rapid Transit. So you won't be held up by any train crossings.

My biggest complaint about L.A. is the anti-development, anti-density Nimby's outside DTLA, and the fact that L.A. is still, archaically, zoned for single family homes in 72% of L.A. County. There should be mid-rise housing allowed at ALL the light rail train stops, including Watts and Compton.

Oh for Pete's Sakes, Santa Monica, you haven't allowed a new high rise in your city since 1970, would it kill your residents to see just one new one put up!!!

Old 04-20-2019, 07:13 AM

15,156 posts, read 14,590,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvxhd View Post
Maybe your problem isn't really LA...
That's for damn sure.

Old 04-20-2019, 08:35 AM

360 posts, read 127,230 times
Quote:
That's about 75% of his "issue". He thinks, as a white male, he's not being worshipped to the degree he should be in multicultural Los Angeles County.
True.

Quote:
He claims he lives in San Dimas, which is a very comfortable suburb with lots of white people, chain restaurants and big box stores... yet, it's not enough. And he keeps bringing up the "standard of living".
Again, its "ok". Yes Lone Hill had those things. It's the neverending taxation, politics, traffic and gas prices that suck.

Quote:
Move to Las Vegas
There is much, much less work in Vegas vs. Phoenix. And it's not about staying close to CA, it's about avoiding humidity.

Old 04-20-2019, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Oh I'm sure you're a bona fide expert in every city, and I only hope that exceeds your English spelling and grammar skills, because the drivel you manage to hammer out on your keyboard as you vent about your poor, unfortunate existence is cringe-worthy.

I could not care less about your environmental concerns, nor where you consider normal (though most people would argue your half-incoherent ramblings and complaints about a city to cover your personal failures aren't normal). I mentioned to you before in the previous post, though clearly reading isn't your strong suit, to leave. Leave. Leave. Leave. For the love of god, leave. No one cares about your first world problems. Leave. This isn't a matter of being "smoke screened" by LA as it is that I actually lived in Phoenix! Strangely, though you have so many conservative places to choose from, you want to live in a place conveniently close to a place you find so familiar. Isn't that weird how many like you do the same?

You can find more places "normal" much, much farther directly east, but you have some fixation with staying nearby. Gee... though I lived in that dump, I have no idea what I'm talking about from interactions with people.

If you're sorry to be me, fine, more power to you. I could not care less how you feel based on anything you've posted here (considering the source, i.e. you). Sure, it must be nice to be so dull to find pleasure in things as inane as life in Phoenix, but I don't function that way and require more stimulation. I'd hate to be so simple that I could live in a place like Arizona and pretend to be happy as so many people there proclaim behind plastic smiles... of course, you'll likely follow the tired old pattern of everyone else there: I notice you never mention the virtues of Phoenix, only what you hate about LA. When you finally move to that town that will be on the future has-beens of US cities, I'm sure as with everyone else there, you'll still be too focused on life here to concentrate on how crappy your life is there. In my experience, the key to being "happy" there is bury your head in the sand as to what really happens in Arizona (despite the very, very, very long list of problems that state has) and compulsively fixate on why you left where you did... and you seem to have a head start there. Now, get going.
I would say you sound more like a failure at Phoenix, than anything. By the way: my high school won best in the U.S. in 1992 so I'm sure my grammar isnt too bad. I'll give you one bone - I let autocorrect handle punctuation too much. Welcome to lazy 2019.

Old 04-20-2019, 10:53 AM

Location: The edge of the world and all of Western civilization
932 posts, read 873,564 times
Quote:
I would say you sound more like a failure at Phoenix, than anything. By the way: my high school won best in the U.S. in 1992 so I'm sure my grammar isnt too bad. I'll give you one bone - I let autocorrect handle punctuation too much. Welcome to lazy 2019.
Oh! Well, why didn't you say so! That makes my individual summa c. laude MA look pretty pathetic in comparison to your high school's ranking 27 years ago! I do mean individual because that was all on me and my efforts. But by all means, be sure to include that illustrious statistic to your resume.

Phoenix isn't really a big-time place where you go to make it. You sit and gripe about how hard it is to live in LA, and admittedly want a place that's relatively easier to coast by until you're dead and buried. Phoenix is an adequate place for that. I didn't fail at Phoenix, as you tried to spin because of hurt feelings; after a year there I realized I didn't like it and I consequently didn't make any effort to stay. I also seriously researched LA and knew what I was getting myself into—for all its benefits and problems—though you seem more focused on just not being in LA and aren't doing your homework. Like everyone else who "loves" it there, you will probably still haunt this forum and won't actually do anything in town. That's probably a good thing if you want to shelter your mindset in that town.

Old 04-20-2019, 11:47 AM

Quote:
I would say you sound more like a failure at Phoenix, than anything.
LOL! Lord have you ever hyped the place up in your mind.

That's like telling someone who used to dine at Denny's that going to Lawry's Carvery means that they were a "failure at Denny's".

Old 04-20-2019, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Like everyone else who "loves" it there, you will probably still haunt this forum and won't actually do anything in town. That's probably a good thing if you want to shelter your mindset in that town.
...Ain't that the truth!

Old 04-20-2019, 12:34 PM

724 posts, read 493,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
Think how great Los Angeles would be if it wasn't ruled by Communist fools.
What kind of people vote these communist fools into power? The answer to that one is scary.

Old 04-20-2019, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Oh! Well, why didn't you say so! That makes my individual summa c. laude MA look pretty pathetic in comparison to your high school's ranking 27 years ago! I do mean individual because that was all on me and my efforts. But by all means, be sure to include that illustrious statistic to your resume.

Phoenix isn't really a big-time place where you go to make it. You sit and gripe about how hard it is to live in LA, and admittedly want a place that's relatively easier to coast by until you're dead and buried. Phoenix is an adequate place for that. I didn't fail at Phoenix, as you tried to spin because of hurt feelings; after a year there I realized I didn't like it and I consequently didn't make any effort to stay. I also seriously researched LA and knew what I was getting myself into—for all its benefits and problems—though you seem more focused on just not being in LA and aren't doing your homework. Like everyone else who "loves" it there, you will probably still haunt this forum and won't actually do anything in town. That's probably a good thing if you want to shelter your mindset in that town.
I attended that high school 25 years ago so it's quite relevant. You're degree also fails to impress me. For almost 20 years I've worked for 3 of the biggest corporations on the planet, all offering educational reimbursement, and did I do it? No. I don't have time for that. Like my good buddy says, "im too busy getting it out of the mud". If you really want to impress me you can turn a wrench or weld something.

As far as sitting in another city and griping about LA? Absolutely, Im foaming at the mouth for the day that I Get to sit around with a bunch of ex Californians and ***** about this place
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles