U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2019, 08:27 PM

9,672 posts, read 9,616,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdlords View Post
Who cares about being nice? The other poster has no sense of decorum, why should I?

Most people on entitlements actually work and earn a living at places like Walmart and McDonald's. But you can stereotype however you like. Makes no difference to me.
Don't try to turn this around and deflect. Regardless of whatever was said by some other poster, job shaming is not nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2019, 08:45 PM

12,256 posts, read 7,247,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Don't try to turn this around and deflect. Regardless of whatever was said by some other poster, job shaming is not nice.
Agreed.

Same goes for entitlement shaming and homeless shaming.

Good call Exitus

Old 04-21-2019, 09:10 PM

9,672 posts, read 9,616,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Agreed.

Same goes for entitlement shaming and homeless shaming.

Good call Exitus
Why thank you! And I'm sure you'll also agree we shouldn't shame people who chose to not serve in the armed services.

You have a great evening.

Old 04-21-2019, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Why thank you! And I'm sure you'll also agree we shouldn't shame people who chose to not serve in the armed services.

You have a great evening.
I certainly do ... and never have ... even when I was in service.

Old 04-22-2019, 05:18 AM

370 posts, read 136,472 times
What I think, is that there are too many Billy Bada**'s over in Phoenix and the weak, artsy-fartsy Westside of L.A. gets scared thinking about that.

Old 04-22-2019, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleCar View Post
What I think, is that there are too many Billy Bada**'s over in Phoenix and the weak, artsy-fartsy Westside of L.A. gets scared thinking about that.
Your obsession with this “Badass” metric for personal worth is highly entertaining. Too bad push-ups don’t translate to the increased earnings you require for the lifestyle you seek in LA.

Old 04-22-2019, 03:35 PM

2,601 posts, read 2,864,004 times
Quote:

Just keep thinking that Sweety

Old 04-25-2019, 06:53 PM

194 posts, read 163,361 times
Quote:
Los Angeles can easily be a city of broken dreams. From fierce competition, lower than average wages, stressful housing and traffic situations, and a general tendency for people to use each other and be flakey, this can add up to not such good news. Anyone seen the price of gas lately? Anybody's rent gone up to the point of adverse debilitation? Anybody get home from work, and have to wait 30 minutes for street parking to open up? Anybody have a situation like Cerritos, where you have to register for one night of overnight parking on any city street? Feel free to share your experiences.
I live in Los Angeles and it is literally NOTHING like you say

Old 04-26-2019, 07:06 AM

370 posts, read 136,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Csonka View Post
I live in Los Angeles and it is literally NOTHING like you say
Me too, yet it is

Old 04-26-2019, 08:31 AM

2,852 posts, read 1,533,991 times
My biggest complaint is the traffic. I live and work in OC. Sometimes I need to go to LA to check out or do a quote on restaurant remodeling. I used to take my dad with me so I can take the carpool lane. Now he's very sick so I'm in trouble. I have to get there before they open at 11:00 and I can't leave oc till 8:30 or 9:00. I feel like I'm locked out.... there's no way I can get there in time now. I might have to not take anymore new restaurants as customers in LA. I can't take Metro either because I need to take equipment with me. Lately the carpool lane has been almost as crowded as the other lanes too. I've never seen a huge city that is so ignored by its politicians as LA. What the hell are they doing!? Nothing ever gets better there just worse and worse
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles