Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2019, 11:40 PM

3,049 posts, read 4,542,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
Think how great Los Angeles would be if it wasn't ruled by Communist fools.
After you tell Joe McCarthy I said "yo!", hop back in your time machine and join the rest of us in 2019! Yeah?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2019, 04:56 AM

427 posts, read 367,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttam186290 View Post
After you tell Joe McCarthy I said "yo!", hop back in your time machine and join the rest of us in 2019! Yeah?
You need to get rid of your progressiveness and get your mind on the right track. You need the time machine

Old 04-19-2019, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleCar View Post
You need to get rid of your progressiveness and get your mind on the right track. You need the time machine
Never gonna happen! ...It's built-in sweetheart. And, sure, there are flaws in liberalism, and there are things we really have to hash out, but I will be a liberal any day over someone who wants us all to regress to the 1950s again.

The fact that you even think that's possible is very telling. Of course, back in the 1950s, conservatives were complaining about how much better the 1920s and 30s were when there was still child labor, when there were no New Deal programs to help the poor, when there were still nasty meatpacking plants with no regulations and women were barely able to vote.

So, it doesn't matter how far back in time you go, you'll always find whiney, uptight conservatives b*tching about "progressives" in one way or another.

Old 04-19-2019, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Never gonna happen! ...It's built-in sweetheart. And, sure, there are flaws in liberalism, and there are things we really have to hash out, but I will be a liberal any day over someone who wants us all to regress to the 1950s again.

The fact that you even think that's possible is very telling. Of course, back in the 1950s, conservatives were complaining about how much better the 1920s and 30s were when there was still child labor, when there were no New Deal programs to help the poor, when there were still nasty meatpacking plants with no regulations and women were barely able to vote.

So, it doesn't matter how far back in time you go, you'll always find whiney, uptight conservatives b*tching about "progressives" in one way or another.
At least we are responsible for success, innovation, moving up, etc. All you can claim is regressive taxation and lowered standards of living. Just like the glorious projects you want to bring back. "Gee honey, sure cant wait to sell the house and nice cars, and go share some walls with others! Yay!"

Old 04-19-2019, 07:02 PM

Quote:
At least we are responsible for success, innovation, moving up, etc. All you can claim is regressive taxation and lowered standards of living. Just like the glorious projects you want to bring back. "Gee honey, sure cant wait to sell the house and nice cars, and go share some walls with others! Yay!"
Well, that's an interesting thought!

Again, how old are you? ...24? ...25? ...27?

If conservatives "are responsible for success and innovation" then why the hell aren't the conservative states full of inventors, extremely wealthy people and upwardly mobile people? Why aren't there blue chip universities in conservative states like your precious Arizona, or Kansas, or Wyoming? Why aren't there prestigious research foundations?

I mean, just off the top of my head I can list CalTech, Stanford, Harvey Mudd, Cal Berkeley, Davis, the Salk Institute for Biological Studies, JPL, Amgen, UCSF, UCLA, Google, Hewlett Packard, Virgin Galactic, Northrop, SpaceX, Tesla, Ebay, Apple and your president's favorite of them all: Twitter !....are you saying these are all ran by Bible-thumping, right-wing conservatives the likes of yourself?

Your Sean Hannity one-liners about taxation and lowered standards of living don't ring true.

You're waaaay out of your league here in California, sweetie! Best get to movin'

Old 04-19-2019, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Well, that's an interesting thought!

Again, how old are you? ...24? ...25? ...27?

If conservatives "are responsible for success and innovation" then why the hell aren't the conservative states full of inventors, extremely wealthy people and upwardly mobile people? Why aren't there blue chip universities in conservative states like your precious Arizona, or Kansas, or Wyoming? Why aren't there prestigious research foundations?

I mean, just off the top of my head I can list CalTech, Stanford, Harvey Mudd, Cal Berkeley, Davis, the Salk Institute for Biological Studies, JPL, Amgen, UCSF, UCLA, Google, Hewlett Packard, Virgin Galactic, Northrop, SpaceX, Tesla, Ebay, Apple and your president's favorite of them all: Twitter !....are you saying these are all ran by Bible-thumping, right-wing conservatives the likes of yourself?

Your Sean Hannity one-liners about taxation and lowered standards of living don't ring true.

You're waaaay out of your league here in California, sweetie! Best get to movin'
Your fake elitist views never get old, do they? You know, I wonder, how much time have you spent typing to me, vs me to you? 😂

Old 04-19-2019, 11:20 PM

Location: The edge of the world and all of Western civilization
984 posts, read 1,191,283 times
Quote:
Los Angeles can easily be a city of broken dreams. From fierce competition, lower than average wages, stressful housing and traffic situations, and a general tendency for people to use each other and be flakey, this can add up to not such good news. Anyone seen the price of gas lately? Anybody's rent gone up to the point of adverse debilitation? Anybody get home from work, and have to wait 30 minutes for street parking to open up? Anybody have a situation like Cerritos, where you have to register for one night of overnight parking on any city street? Feel free to share your experiences.
Don't you want to move to Phoenix?

...lower than average wages...
*You lose all right to complain about pay in LA if you're moving to Phoenix, which is a common complaint in that area because pay is abysmal, especially in relation to the cost of living. If you can keep your local salary there, great. But if you have to find a new job there...

...stressful housing...
*I recall you quoted a suspiciously low price of $250k for a "nice" house in Gilbert. Be sure to give us updates how that works out for you. I can only imagine what kind of money pit you're going to buy if you think that's a steal.

...and a general tendency for people to use each other and be flakey...
*See previous comment regarding your hopefully imminent move. I always get a good laugh when people think Phoenicians will welcome you with open arms...but it's usually to find a good spot on your back to stick a knife. You might not want to actually research hard statistics, including the pretty high crime rates. It's also a highly transient area, so best of luck if you expect to find meaningful connections there.

Anybody's rent gone up to the point of adverse debilitation?
*When I lived in Phoenix, yes. My rent in LA hasn't increased yet. Brace yourself to not absorb this information about that land of milk and honey you're hopefully about to crawl to: I had a "luxury" apartment (get used to that word slapped on anything there) with a roommate (though the cops were there at least twice a week) and the rent remained about the same at the end of the lease; I chose to move out on my own, and at the end of that second lease the rent went up 38%. As pay is pretty disappointing in Phoenix, I moved to a new place, and at the end of that lease the rent increased 35%. You don't think that's debilitating? That last place was less than 400 sq ft and they wanted nearly $1000 per month. On top of that, prices you see advertised in Phoenix are often far lower than they actually cost when you call the leasing office.

Anybody get home from work, and have to wait 30 minutes for street parking to open up?
*No, but I'm not so lazy that I'll sit in my car and wait for something really close to my place. I think somehow life will go on if I have to add an extra two minutes to walk to my apartment. Oddly enough, in the sprawling apartment complexes in Phoenix, you may have to park just as far from your unit as you would on the street here.

Anybody have a situation like Cerritos, where you have to register for one night of overnight parking on any city street?
*Not personally, but you did express interest in buying in Maricopa County. If you want to b**** about paying extra fees, be prepared to do so about steep and mandatory HOA fees every month there (as well as abiding by their controlling restrictions, paying their fines, etc.). And yes, good luck finding a place there NOT in an HOA.

I think a key difference between us is that I was miserable in that godforsaken, oversized trailer park you idealize, and I actually did something about my situation; you, on the other hand, seem too afraid to make the jump. Almost every complaint you have about LA equally applies to Phoenix (and in some cases, to a more severe degree), which you can't seem to get through your head. If you hurry and act now, you'll make it just in time before the real Hell-heat sets in, though it's already almost hit triple digits this year despite being only April. Your paradise awaits: the only thing standing in your way is your laziness. I don't have that problem, obviously, as I made things happen. You seem to be failing at moving to a place where Wal-Mart is a top employer, however. Maybe your problem isn't really LA...

Old 04-19-2019, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvxhd View Post
Don't you want to move to Phoenix?

...lower than average wages...
*You lose all right to complain about pay in LA if you're moving to Phoenix, which is a common complaint in that area because pay is abysmal, especially in relation to the cost of living. If you can keep your local salary there, great. But if you have to find a new job there...

...stressful housing...
*I recall you quoted a suspiciously low price of $250k for a "nice" house in Gilbert. Be sure to give us updates how that works out for you. I can only imagine what kind of money pit you're going to buy if you think that's a steal.

...and a general tendency for people to use each other and be flakey...
*See previous comment regarding your hopefully imminent move. I always get a good laugh when people think Phoenicians will welcome you with open arms...but it's usually to find a good spot on your back to stick a knife. You might not want to actually research hard statistics, including the pretty high crime rates. It's also a highly transient area, so best of luck if you expect to find meaningful connections there.

Anybody's rent gone up to the point of adverse debilitation?
*When I lived in Phoenix, yes. My rent in LA hasn't increased yet. Brace yourself to not absorb this information about that land of milk and honey you're hopefully about to crawl to: I had a "luxury" apartment (get used to that word slapped on anything there) with a roommate (though the cops were there at least twice a week) and the rent remained about the same at the end of the lease; I chose to move out on my own, and at the end of that second lease the rent went up 38%. As pay is pretty disappointing in Phoenix, I moved to a new place, and at the end of that lease the rent increased 35%. You don't think that's debilitating? That last place was less than 400 sq ft and they wanted nearly $1000 per month. On top of that, prices you see advertised in Phoenix are often far lower than they actually cost when you call the leasing office.

Anybody get home from work, and have to wait 30 minutes for street parking to open up?
*No, but I'm not so lazy that I'll sit in my car and wait for something really close to my place. I think somehow life will go on if I have to add an extra two minutes to walk to my apartment. Oddly enough, in the sprawling apartment complexes in Phoenix, you may have to park just as far from your unit as you would on the street here.

Anybody have a situation like Cerritos, where you have to register for one night of overnight parking on any city street?
*Not personally, but you did express interest in buying in Maricopa County. If you want to b**** about paying extra fees, be prepared to do so about steep and mandatory HOA fees every month there (as well as abiding by their controlling restrictions, paying their fines, etc.). And yes, good luck finding a place there NOT in an HOA.

I think a key difference between us is that I was miserable in that godforsaken, oversized trailer park you idealize, and I actually did something about my situation; you, on the other hand, seem too afraid to make the jump. Almost every complaint you have about LA equally applies to Phoenix (and in some cases, to a more severe degree), which you can't seem to get through your head. If you hurry and act now, you'll make it just in time before the real Hell-heat sets in, though it's already almost hit triple digits this year despite being only April. Your paradise awaits: the only thing standing in your way is your laziness. I don't have that problem, obviously, as I made things happen. You seem to be failing at moving to a place where Wal-Mart is a top employer, however. Maybe your problem isn't really LA...
None of what you said is relevant to a white homeowner in the defense industry. Again, not enough pay for the standard of living I expect in L.A. but enough in every other city, including the one I grew up in. But I dont like snow or humidity so the best option is to leave whackjob ******* centrist L.A. and go somewhere normal. My apologies if you're so smoke screened by L.A. that you dont know what that means. I'd be sorry to be you.

Old 04-20-2019, 01:27 AM

426 posts, read 352,893 times
Quote:
None of what you said is relevant to a white homeowner in the defense industry. Again, not enough pay for the standard of living I expect in L.A. but enough in every other city, including the one I grew up in. But I dont like snow or humidity so the best option is to leave whackjob ******* centrist L.A. and go somewhere normal. My apologies if you're so smoke screened by L.A. that you dont know what that means. I'd be sorry to be you.
What does your being white have to do at all with his post? You have issues.

Old 04-20-2019, 01:43 AM

Location: The edge of the world and all of Western civilization
984 posts, read 1,191,283 times
Quote:
Oh I'm sure you're a bona fide expert in every city, and I only hope that exceeds your English spelling and grammar skills, because the drivel you manage to hammer out on your keyboard as you vent about your poor, unfortunate existence is cringe-worthy.

I could not care less about your environmental concerns, nor where you consider normal (though most people would argue your half-incoherent ramblings and complaints about a city to cover your personal failures aren't normal). I mentioned to you before in the previous post, though clearly reading isn't your strong suit, to leave. Leave. Leave. Leave. For the love of god, leave. No one cares about your first world problems. Leave. This isn't a matter of being "smoke screened" by LA as it is that I actually lived in Phoenix! Strangely, though you have so many conservative places to choose from, you want to live in a place conveniently close to a place you find so familiar. Isn't that weird how many like you do the same?

You can find more places "normal" much, much farther directly east, but you have some fixation with staying nearby. Gee... though I lived in that dump, I have no idea what I'm talking about from interactions with people.

If you're sorry to be me, fine, more power to you. I could not care less how you feel based on anything you've posted here (considering the source, i.e. you). Sure, it must be nice to be so dull to find pleasure in things as inane as life in Phoenix, but I don't function that way and require more stimulation. I'd hate to be so simple that I could live in a place like Arizona and pretend to be happy as so many people there proclaim behind plastic smiles... of course, you'll likely follow the tired old pattern of everyone else there: I notice you never mention the virtues of Phoenix, only what you hate about LA. When you finally move to that town that will be on the future has-beens of US cities, I'm sure as with everyone else there, you'll still be too focused on life here to concentrate on how crappy your life is there. In my experience, the key to being "happy" there is bury your head in the sand as to what really happens in Arizona (despite the very, very, very long list of problems that state has) and compulsively fixate on why you left where you did... and you seem to have a head start there. Now, get going.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles