U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 12:31 PM

1 posts, read 1,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannythekid View Post
I am looking for a house from a movie. I am located in Pittsburgh, PA, so there is no way me knowing where it is remotely located.

I cannot find it in Google at all.

What I'm looking for is the house that was shown in the movie "The Fast in the Furious" as the Police house. It was mentioned that it was built by Eddie Fisher for Elizabeth Taylor.

Does anyone have any information about this house and where it might be located. I am fascinated with this (and other types of progressive, modern) architecture, and I'd love to try and look it up on Live Maps.

Thanks a lot in advance.

I found this at another site

Finally, the circular Hollywood house with the pool, where Paul's cop buddies have set up a temporary police HQ (and which they mention is "the house Eddie Fisher built for Elizabeth Taylor"), was at 1261 Angelo Drive, in Beverly Hills. I say "was", because Ryan Geftman-Gold emailed me to say that the house no longer exists - in fact, he watched it being torn down, around 2001, after he and the Modern Committee of the L.A. Conservancy had tried to save the home
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2012, 07:17 AM

1 posts, read 1,739 times
Stahl House...Hollywood Hills
[mod]link removed[/mod]

Last edited by Count David; 03-25-2012 at 10:06 AM.. Reason: new members are not allowed to post links

Old 03-25-2012, 08:39 AM

1,176 posts, read 2,760,829 times
Sure the house exists? Not a computer enhancement of an existing (or non-existing) building? And maybe the story about it (e.g., Eddie Fisher) wasn't true? I saw the F&F film set in Brazil, and it had a lot of things that existed only in the film, largely on computers (e.g., a high speed train, a deep canyon traversed by the imaginary train).

Old 06-27-2012, 02:52 AM

1 posts, read 1,608 times
The house existed. It was designed by the architect David Fowler for his mother. Fowler's daughter Lynn was one of my college roommates, and that was the home she returned to for summers and holidays after her family moved out of California. I visited the house a few times and spent a weekend there once. It was a very special place, and I'm sad to know it is gone.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:34 PM

1 posts, read 1,252 times
Default This was My Great Grandmothers House

I was sitting at home and the movie Fast and Furious happen to come on. My seven year old daughter was watching the film with me and I told her the story. The first time watching this was in a movie theater with Friends in 2001 and no one believing I grew up in this house. Well I grew up in Jamul, Ca and this was my Father's Grandmothers house that he spent much of his childhood in. Seeing the brigde over the pool it immediatley reminded me of all the fun times my Brother and I had. With Great Grandma Carol watching us swimming in the beatiful pool. My Father would joke to her about jumping off the roof into the pool as a boy, she would laugh and smile. The bathroom was hidden in the wall and with a press of your hand along the wall would enter you into a beautiful powder room and bathroom. Her Asian cooks and house keepers were at our service and were always in the kitchen making magic. Easter time we would have Easter Brunch at the Beverly Hills Golf Club. We would dress in our finest and then all the family and kids would have a giant Easter Egg hunt. It was a lovely time in my life and I was so sad when I heard that Grandma Carol Davis passed and also the house was sold by the family to the movies. I Loved her and I loved the times we spent together. In Loving Memory. K.Fowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannythekid View Post
I am looking for a house from a movie. I am located in Pittsburgh, PA, so there is no way me knowing where it is remotely located.

I cannot find it in Google at all.

What I'm looking for is the house that was shown in the movie "The Fast in the Furious" as the Police house. It was mentioned that it was built by Eddie Fisher for Elizabeth Taylor.

Does anyone have any information about this house and where it might be located. I am fascinated with this (and other types of progressive, modern) architecture, and I'd love to try and look it up on Live Maps.

Thanks a lot in advance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles