U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2020, 04:12 PM

41,242 posts, read 22,779,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
When you say, "you are free to worship anyway you like but" is when you start infringing on my rights. There are several large churches in So Cal that could easily hold services outside with social distancing, but are still prohibited from doing so.
I admit you got me there because I can't find a state rule that bans outdoor church gatherings, this is from the guidance or churches issued on July 1:

Quote:
"At a minimum, outdoor attendance should be limited naturally through implementation of strict physical distancing measures of a minimum of six feet between attendees from different households, in addition to other relevant protocols within this document" https://files.covid19.ca.gov/pdf/gui...of-worship.pdf
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2020, 08:26 PM

7,696 posts, read 5,260,916 times
The big church I go to rented a huge tent and put it up in the parking lot.

Old 07-06-2020, 06:55 PM

25,065 posts, read 23,257,873 times
It seems that the guy can't win, no matter what he does. Remember when he was harshly criticized for not opening up soon enough?

Gov. Gavin Newsom, facing criticism he opened up the state economy too soon, said Monday the state will expand monitoring of counties hard-hit by the virus after cracking down on restaurants and bars ignoring restrictions over the Fourth of July weekend.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...st-says-newsom

Old 07-06-2020, 07:57 PM

6,678 posts, read 3,817,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
It seems that the guy can't win, no matter what he does. Remember when he was harshly criticized for not opening up soon enough?

Gov. Gavin Newsom, facing criticism he opened up the state economy too soon, said Monday the state will expand monitoring of counties hard-hit by the virus after cracking down on restaurants and bars ignoring restrictions over the Fourth of July weekend.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...st-says-newsom
They just got us. San Diego has to close indoor dining, museums, theaters, wineries, etc.

I saw another recall starting. This time you have to download the form, fill it out and mail it in. Very few will do that.

Old 07-09-2020, 10:25 AM

In mid-May, Merced County Sheriff Vernon Warnke had a lot to say about California’s stay-at-home orders to slow the spread of the coronavirus, none of it good.

He posted a defiant message to Facebook saying he refused to enforce the state’s orders because they meant “economic slaughter” and he believed government had no right to tell him or anyone else it was too risky to get a haircut or dental checkup.

“I truly believe that Governor Newsom’s motivation is to have the majority of the citizens (and illegal residents) dependant [sic] on governments assistance so he could maintain this control once this ‘pandemic’ is declared over,” Warnke wrote.

Two months later, with cases spiking and Merced County now on the state’s coronavirus watch list, the sheriff has changed his tune: “Wear your masks, do your social distancing, wash your hands. ... Please take it seriously.”

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...rus-case-spike

Old 07-09-2020, 12:29 PM

4,464 posts, read 2,872,379 times
[quote=CA4Now;58573578]It seems that the guy can't win, no matter what he does. Remember when he was harshly criticized for not opening up soon enough?[/quote]
I agree.

But it would be refreshing if you'd cut Trump the same slack as well.

Old 07-09-2020, 12:36 PM

3,624 posts, read 1,502,722 times
Comrade Newsom's plan is more like the hokey pokey for the economy
Close it down
Then open it up
Then Close it down

Turn yourself about - that's what Newsom's plan is all about

That doesn't seem like a "plan" to me; just reacting

Oh and congrats to LA
https://deadline.com/2020/07/califor...94-1202980644/

Woke leadership at work

Old 08-27-2020, 08:17 PM

He's doing better than predicted.

Gov. Gavin Newsom has been keeping barely one step ahead of being trampled by rampaging disasters.

He has survived on energy and agility — and hasn’t frozen like the proverbial deer in headlights.

Last fall, I wrote it was unlikely that any previous California governor had faced such a simultaneous cannonade of calamities. At the time, there were devastating wildfires and power blackouts in Southern and Northern California.

Now wildfires and blackouts are piled on top of a COVID-19 pandemic — a strange virus that has infected more than 680,000 people and killed more than 12,000 in California. You’d think that might place any governor at political risk, but it apparently hasn’t.

And with the killer virus came a crippled economy, home confinement and school closings — plus frustrating lifestyle inconveniences such as the absence of indoor dining and cancellation of fall football.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...dfires-economy

Old 08-29-2020, 02:20 AM

4,464 posts, read 2,872,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
He's doing better than predicted.
According to whom?

I will say the jury is still out and will be for awhile, but "I'm better than Cuomo" isn't much of a campaign slogan.

I do think he is in way, way over his head.

Old 08-29-2020, 07:28 AM

Quote:
According to whom?

I will say the jury is still out and will be for awhile, but "I'm better than Cuomo" isn't much of a campaign slogan.
No one's comparing him to Cuomo. Many thought Newsom was a bland showhorse when he was running for governor.

Quote:
I do think he is in way, way over his head.
Who wouldn't be, given what he walked into? At least we didn't get stuck with John Cox.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles