U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2020, 09:54 PM

947 posts, read 1,225,350 times

Advertisements

sure, worry about something you have a 99% chance of surviving if you catch it, go wear you mask and hide in the corner and the rest of us will go on with our live
Rate this post positively

Old 07-03-2020, 10:01 PM

13,407 posts, read 14,090,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
Anyone that have aroud 3k sqft house should be able accommodate 40 people at home. It's not all adults in my case, it counting kids as well
Not unless it spills into all the bedrooms, and possible bath/powder rooms. My home in Rancho Palos Verdes is ~3,400 ft.^2, and twenty guests in the living room, kitchen, breakfast room, and family room is somewhat tight. Forty people? I don't think so, buddy.

Old 07-03-2020, 10:09 PM

4,169 posts, read 1,797,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Not unless it spills into all the bedrooms, and possible bath/powder rooms. My home in Rancho Palos Verdes is ~3,400 ft.^2, and twenty guests in the living room, kitchen, breakfast room, and family room is somewhat tight. Forty people? I don't think so, buddy.
I have formal dining ,between that big kitchen, big living, etc 40 people very easy to have

Old 07-03-2020, 10:25 PM

13,407 posts, read 14,090,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
I have formal dining ,between that big kitchen, big living, etc 40 people very easy to have
Not buying it. Case closed.

Old 07-04-2020, 12:06 AM

3,842 posts, read 1,629,961 times
Was taking a stroll in the neighborhood this evening. Just up the street, a few people were unloading from a car, carrying food and such into someone's house. I gave a nod as I approached one of them, some guy pulling a cooler out of the trunk. He said to me (jokingly), "you didn't see nuthin'"... This thread immediately came to mind.

This is what we've become.

Old 07-04-2020, 01:42 AM

6,432 posts, read 4,229,508 times
Meanwhile, I was thinking about how to discretely take photos of disallowed gatherings, for use later in online shaming and maybe to submit to the government if it offers an online complaint form. The one residence near me that obviously has them is overlooked by a large building. Someone could do it from up there, but I don't live in that building.

Old 07-04-2020, 01:58 AM

3,092 posts, read 1,810,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Since it’s already been shown that the vast majority survive the virus, how about those who are more in the high risk category .... wear masks, social distance or stay the heck home?
I am pregnant and I am doing what I can to protect my unborn children, but I don’t expect everyone to change their lives just because I am considered as having a compromised immune system, because I am pregnant. I’ve been holed up on our property for months and only leave
For Doctor appointments.... so far. I don’t do large gatherings for this reason. How about you do you and I do me? I am not responsible for your well being anymore than you are for mine.
Wow. Someone that I never thought I'd agree with, and I love your post. There is hope for you yet.

Old 07-04-2020, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
I drive with a mask on sometimes. Other than that, you are very, very wrong.

Either you support strong measures that will end the pandemic (with private gatherings probably the biggest remaining obstacle), or you're just tough with words.

If anyone knows about People of Walmart, a similar website about Covidiots is needed, with submissions of named, pictured party-goers a big part of it and 'credits' if the photos are from their social media.
The pandemic that was supposed to kill 300 million people, you mean?
The pandemic that was supposed to overwhelm the hospitals, do you mean?
The pandemic that they curiously held an exercise to prepare for 3 months before it happened, do you mean? (event 201)

Wake up, people.
Before it is too late.

Old 07-04-2020, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Meanwhile, I was thinking about how to discretely take photos of disallowed gatherings, for use later in online shaming and maybe to submit to the government if it offers an online complaint form. The one residence near me that obviously has them is overlooked by a large building. Someone could do it from up there, but I don't live in that building.
That's a great idea. Make sure to wear your brownshirt while you take the photos and don't forget to read your copy of Mein Kempf after you finish.

Old 07-04-2020, 08:41 AM

6,678 posts, read 3,817,718 times
Quote:
Maybe you could lure them to one of your book burnings and take photos of the gatherings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles