Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 03:27 AM

300 posts, read 1,014,774 times

Advertisements

You can totally see this in Compton.
90's it was all about crips & bloods. Now its 50-50 and latino gangs are taking over L.A.

Blacks speak English, Latinos speak Spanish.

On the bright side: L.A latinos (mostofem) speak fluent english.

If there is a "Major" race war, blacks are going down. 1:5

Its all about them latino gangs now.

But YES it is safe. Just dont go to Calis Finest area, actually,avoid all gang areas, especially the ones where latin0 gangs reside.

You'll be fine, act like a normal citizen. Be smart.

Too much hype about this race war, tho Cali's finest gave an interview to ross kemp and said: "IF blacks come here we gonna kill them. ****in blacks kill all blacks. Im brown thats wassup" Or something like that.

But totally seemed like a racist gang, like the AB but its just hispanic :P
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2009, 07:07 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWV View Post
What about the all star football kid that got sdhot for no reason or the six year old that got shot for no reason? Same for the Latinos why are they getting shot at.. all Blacks and Latinos/Hispanics are NOT gangbangers.
These exception have been happening in Los Angeles, as well as other areas for years. I was raised in L.A. many years ago and the gangs were around then. The big difference they have spread out to some of the burbs, not just east and south L.A. as in years past.

Of course not all blacks and Hispanics are involved in gangs, but I do not beleive Los Angeles is worse than any other major city, maybe not as bad as some.

NIta

Old 02-17-2009, 08:49 AM

3,440 posts, read 8,039,154 times
Quote:
Ok, I know the Topic Title is kind of biased or racially motivated so for other people not of African descent please don't find it offensive.

I live over 3,000 miles away from Los Angeles in South West Boring Michigan and when I'm done attending college I was looking forward to move to Los Angeles in a diverse community.

My dad lives in Burbank, which is a fairly diverse community, but what the heck has been going on with this MEXICAN VS BLACK ''GANG WAR'' bs? I'm literately scared to go visit my dad in Burbank, he calls me and tells me he's thinking of moving out of LA to the very outer skirts.

At another forum I asked this same QUESTION and got mixed views some saying ''Oh, if you stay out of gangs you'll be ok.'' or that the ''RACE WAR, GANG WAR targets anybody'', I'm so confused but I really want to LIVE in LA without getting shot at, stabbed at, robbed point blank because of the COLOR OF MY SKIN.

Are the city officials of LA doing anything about this? I think they should have a HUGE CITY MEETING and get the attention of the Judiciary, Legislative, and Executive boards or the city is going to collapse in UTTER chaos.

Sorry for the ranting but I really want to know YOUR opinions, ideas and comments.

Please no sleek and smart comments. =] Ty.

-SWV-

Off the top of my head just stay out of areas like Huntington park, Pomona, and Baldwin park.. These are areas that are more East of L.A.

Old 02-17-2009, 09:26 AM

3,440 posts, read 8,039,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post

We're not saying that to be safe you need to walk around in little John Stockton shorts, but if all you have are oversized sports jerseys (Lakers, Raiders, Yankees, College teams, etc.), baseball caps on either sideways or backwards on top of a doo rag, khakis/dickies, wear white t-shirts as actual shirts with gold chain on outside instead of inside, walk with a limp or lean even though you are perfectly physically healthy, drive a lowrider, have spinners on your car, blast heavy bass music in your car, drive through neighborhoods with all your windows down playing music with heavy profanity, and you lean all the way to the side while driving, then you should expect to be looked at and treated like you may be a gang member by other gang members, the police and normal working family guys like me. Remember, the police profile people on how they dress and act, if you are in a known gang area or not, if you wearing what is known gang attire (as I mentioned above) you could be mistaken for either a gang banger or someone who is up to no good.

As for myself, I prefer an 83 "LAC" blasting funk, do you think they will get me too???

YouTube - GLASS- Stomp

Old 02-17-2009, 10:42 AM

897 posts, read 1,591,783 times
I know this is a super old thread but the OP said that his uncle lives in Burbank and, last I heard, that is not an area where this problem is common. If you're just coming to visit, you're probably going to be staying out of the areas where this is a problem (like the inner cities) and where mostly tourists hang out. Unless you already have friends here that you're planning on visiting and they live in the more questionable areas of town then you have nothing to worry about.

Old 02-17-2009, 10:43 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
Quote:
Ok, I know the Topic Title is kind of biased or racially motivated so for other people not of African descent please don't find it offensive.

I live over 3,000 miles away from Los Angeles in South West Boring Michigan and when I'm done attending college I was looking forward to move to Los Angeles in a diverse community.

My dad lives in Burbank, which is a fairly diverse community, but what the heck has been going on with this MEXICAN VS BLACK ''GANG WAR'' bs? I'm literately scared to go visit my dad in Burbank, he calls me and tells me he's thinking of moving out of LA to the very outer skirts.

At another forum I asked this same QUESTION and got mixed views some saying ''Oh, if you stay out of gangs you'll be ok.'' or that the ''RACE WAR, GANG WAR targets anybody'', I'm so confused but I really want to LIVE in LA without getting shot at, stabbed at, robbed point blank because of the COLOR OF MY SKIN.

Are the city officials of LA doing anything about this? I think they should have a HUGE CITY MEETING and get the attention of the Judiciary, Legislative, and Executive boards or the city is going to collapse in UTTER chaos.

Sorry for the ranting but I really want to know YOUR opinions, ideas and comments.

Please no sleek and smart comments. =] Ty.

-SWV-
very few get stabbed or shot bek of color of their skin.
highly probable the person that shoots or stabs you will have the same skin color as you.

Old 02-17-2009, 08:27 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,286,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
very few get stabbed or shot bek of color of their skin.
highly probable the person that shoots or stabs you will have the same skin color as you.
I'd take "highly probable" even further to "more than likely".

Old 07-13-2011, 09:25 PM

54 posts, read 166,271 times
Most black vs Brown violence happens in South Central and Compton. I wouldn't worry to much about that anywhere else.

Old 07-14-2011, 09:42 AM

8,632 posts, read 12,996,717 times
So basically what most people are trying to say is that if your Black you shouldn't move into East LA or any Hispanic majority neighborhood.

Old 07-14-2011, 02:25 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,055,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECyde View Post
Most black vs Brown violence happens in South Central and Compton. I wouldn't worry to much about that anywhere else.
Hasn't it waned in recent years though?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles