Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 03:17 PM

307 posts, read 1,397,287 times

Advertisements

Doesn't Los Angeles and Vicinity has some of the worst "traffic" in the world??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2008, 01:36 PM

132 posts, read 596,571 times
See the forum entitled MIXED AREAS for this issue

Old 03-13-2008, 12:13 PM

3 posts, read 6,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkeast View Post
The best way to do LA is to live in the suburbs outside of it. Otherwise the sound of police helicopters will be what lulls you to sleep every night, no kidding. If you don't have $800,000+ to spend on a modest house, then you'd probably want to look into living in the IE (Inland Empire), which is going to be a commute to LA, unfortunately, but will get you a decent place to live for a much more affordable (not reasonable, just more affordable) price. The best cities in the IE are Rancho Cucamonga, Clairmont, and some parts of Ontario, in my opinion. If you want to shell out a little more dough, you can look into the San Fernando Valley and surrounding areas, such as San Dimas, Glendora, Mission Viejo, and others that I can't think of off the top of my head. But, please oh please, stay away from LA !

yeah your not kidding about those choppers every night and the police shouting "do not come out of you homes" on their mics.....and the LOUD spanish music you wake up to EVERY day and some guy on the street honking a horn shouting "tammales" every day...oh i forgot to mention the firecrackers and gunshots i heard every week.....very exciting place yet very dangerous...if youve never been to LA then dont go but as for me ill be movin back to torrance soon

Old 03-13-2008, 12:15 PM

3 posts, read 6,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beliy Plashik View Post

OMG YES!!!
my mom lost 2 jobs because of the damn 405 freeway for being late cause of traffic!

takes like 2 hours to move 10 yrds on some days

Old 03-14-2008, 10:02 AM

1,162 posts, read 3,236,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meifeng488 View Post
yeah your not kidding about those choppers every night and the police shouting "do not come out of you homes" on their mics.....and the LOUD spanish music you wake up to EVERY day and some guy on the street honking a horn shouting "tammales" every day...oh i forgot to mention the firecrackers and gunshots i heard every week.....very exciting place yet very dangerous...if youve never been to LA then dont go but as for me ill be movin back to torrance soon
Hmmm, I don't get much of that in Northeast LA. There are lots of safe areas in town, you certainly don't need to run to other cities unless of course your mind is already made up. Los Angeles is a HUGE city with lots of different neighborhoods and people. Stereotypes are hard to justify IMHO.

Old 03-14-2008, 12:11 PM

1,398 posts, read 6,606,344 times
the 405 on a Saturday early afternoon...

Old 03-14-2008, 06:01 PM

218 posts, read 741,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutella View Post
LA/OC is one of the most desirable place in the world.
That's why prices are high- LA has it all- plenty of well paying jobs and career opportunities, low pollution by the beaches, nice weather, open minded frirendly people and lots of creativity.
I much rather be (back) to LA than be in Vancouver that truly sucks.
(beautiful scenery but no decent jobs, unfriendly people, sky high cost of living, lack of intellectual stimulation and depressing weather.
Someone has never been to LA...

LA does NOT have plenty of well-paying jobs, the pollution by the beaches is HORRIBLE, the weather sucks ****... it's like living in a festering oven 99.99% of the year, and the people are open-minded, but not always friendly... if you think Vancouver, BC sucks in comparison, I'm sorry, but there is something very seriously wrong... or you're from another parallel reality, where LA is actually preferrable to Hell itself.

Old 03-14-2008, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meifeng488 View Post
As far as LA goes, I have to admit, I don't see much wrong with Torrance... it's one of the few really nice cities left in LA. Let's hope that it stays that way.

Old 03-14-2008, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beliy Plashik View Post
Well... let's just see, shall we?

http://www.ballona.org/images/gallery/405_Traffic_II.jpg (broken link)

Last edited by SandyCo; 03-14-2008 at 11:22 PM.. Reason: copyright violation

Old 03-14-2008, 07:31 PM

202 posts, read 872,639 times
Default Hah...hah..So Funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceAdama View Post
Someone has never been to LA...

LA does NOT have plenty of well-paying jobs, the pollution by the beaches is HORRIBLE, the weather sucks ****... it's like living in a festering oven 99.99% of the year, and the people are open-minded, but not always friendly... if you think Vancouver, BC sucks in comparison, I'm sorry, but there is something very seriously wrong... or you're from another parallel reality, where LA is actually preferrable to Hell itself.
Hah hah...LoL...So funny, it's nice to see people like you are out there. No comparison at all.

You do have to be from a parallel reality to believe that. LA is a parallel reality, a "twilight zone". But you know, String Theory and Quantum physics predicts that, so maybe it's true.

Maybe they are existing alongside you in a parallel universe!

So you never know?...."twilight zone sound track playing.....in the background"! Duh...nuh...nuh...nuh....duh....nuh....nuh...nuh!

It's a weird voodoo world out there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles