Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 01:15 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,574,443 times

Advertisements

Ironically, L.A. has 187 murders for the year. On pace for 750 murders this year. Source is the L.A. Times Homicide report.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2008, 05:44 PM

1 posts, read 4,458 times
Default Best weather in the world

Every place has its own benefits and disadvanatages. you just have to see, which one is more valuable to you.

I recently moved to LA from SEATTLE & I should tell you that it was the best move I made in my life. L.A is more crowded, people drive faster, streets are not as clean and, it doesn't have new fancy new skyskrapers, but who cares. It has many benefits that people don't appreciate.

I used to own a water front house in seattle, streets were clean, it was always calm and quite, but I was always miserable. Without any sunshine the mornings never feel like mornings. There was hardly ever anything to do there because it was always raining. No wonder Big Companies like Microsoft and Boeing are there, because other than working, people have nothing to do. Seattle is like a beautiful cage in the middle of the forest.

I don't have as big a house, as I did in seattle, I sold my profitable business down there, but I am happier here. For me the nice weather here is worth more than everything else I had over in seattle.

Plus, In California you have options, To escape high cost of houses or to have better schools you can move farther away from city, but what can you do when the whole state like washington rains fourty days in a row, and the rest of the year is always cloudy.

Old 04-21-2008, 06:26 PM

423 posts, read 1,529,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newportbeachsmostwanted View Post
You will LOVE LA if..

A. You are in a gang
B. Love illegal aliens
C. Posess amazing patience for traffic
D. Have incredible tolerance for smog
E. Love to vandalize and tag
F. Have a few million $ in home equity

Otherwise, stay far and clear for the city of demons.

"Best" is a very interpretative word. Honestly, I can't give you the best city/town for you unless you tell me more..
Guess you never really lived there
A: Never had to be where gangs lived, just learn to skip places like E LA or around the midnight mission area down town.
B: illegal don't bother me
C: Traffic not that bad if you know when to drive and where
D: Smogs worse in Utah
E: Never had my car spray painted ever
F: Pro 13 saved many Californians in paying higher taxes

Old 08-26-2008, 02:03 AM

1 posts, read 4,393 times
There are a couple gangs in torrance. Theres east side torrance. 204st.la rana. And tortilla flats...la rana is pretty much dead now..204st has alot of member locked up so theres mostly youngsters only..tortilla flats is pretty big..so is eastside torrance..west side wilmas 13 will smash on everybody. Its everybody killa till the mutha ****en casket drop!...stay outta my city
wilmas west
wil hall park locos

Old 08-26-2008, 03:17 AM

488 posts, read 1,508,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WSWILMERO View Post
There are a couple gangs in torrance. Theres east side torrance. 204st.la rana. And tortilla flats...la rana is pretty much dead now..204st has alot of member locked up so theres mostly youngsters only..tortilla flats is pretty big..so is eastside torrance..west side wilmas 13 will smash on everybody. Its everybody killa till the mutha ****en casket drop!...stay outta my city
wilmas west
wil hall park locos
What? That's a joke right?

Old 08-26-2008, 03:26 AM

488 posts, read 1,508,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WSWILMERO View Post
wilmas west
wil hall park locos
What? That's a joke right?

Old 08-26-2008, 09:03 AM

1,069 posts, read 3,262,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh22 View Post
Taking torrance BLVD and then making a right or left onto western, those areas are pretty bad, and look bad.

I got a picture off my camera phone when I was testing out the camera, taken in Torrance (I think it was in east torrance, off either crenshaw or western, I forgot):

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/1536/randompictureintorrancexm8.jpg (broken link)

As you can see... not a very good looking area. Although not all of torrance is like that, in fact, most of it isn't like that, mostly just the east part.

I heard something on the news earlier about how east torrance/harbor gateways street gang is one of the most deadly in LA (they even showed Torrance police car driving by), and how there was another gang hate-related shooting in East torrance.

So I'm not sure what all the praise about Torrance is, when in fact it's a pretty crummy city. (expect for the WEST part, and south part, north part is so-so. Although the cost to live in the West and South parts are high, so that kinda cancels it out, because normal-wage earning people who move to Torrance may not be able to live in the good parts)

If you're looking for a good all around city in Los angeles, then live in Santa monica, beverly hills, mission viejo, laguna beach, newport beach, Palos Verdes, redondo beach, lake forest, Irvine, etc, as there are many other cities that are good in every part of them! But then again, the cost of living is high in all these cities.... that's los angeles for you! You won't be able to live in the nice areas, unless you're rich.
That could be a picture of 99% of LA County(with the exception of downtown).

Old 08-26-2008, 12:08 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,106,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by impala666 View Post
very true. lincoln blvd in the marina/venice/santa monica area also looks just like that. burrying those power lines could do much for the aesthetics of this city.

Old 08-26-2008, 12:17 PM

1,714 posts, read 6,033,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by impala666 View Post
I must live in the 1%, 'cause it sure doesn't look like that over here.

Old 08-26-2008, 12:59 PM

19 posts, read 65,041 times
My biggest gripe about LA is the traffic. I have to take the 405 to work everyday.....its 33 miles from my door to work. I leave at 6AM and it still takes me 60 minutes to get there. And if you try to drive at rush hour your screwed. I left work at 4pm the other Friday and it took me 2 hours to go 33 miles....that is absolutely rediculous! Too bad Public Transportation sucks here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles