Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 08:44 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,466,881 times

Advertisements

If you would have said Inglewood, Most of Hawthorne, and Carson, it would be logic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2007, 09:02 AM

61 posts, read 290,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
There's one white gang in Hermosa Beach and they don't threaten anybody or deface the community. They are a bunch of tweakers, I met many of them in high school. Huntington Beach only has a few white gangs. They are a bunch of white kids who are bored and having nothing else to do. Did you mean the wannabe Biker Gangstars who try to act hard in the bars? I'm not sure what HB you were referring to, but there is nothing to be worried about in both these cities. There's only one hispanic gang in Redondo Beach, Northside Redondo 13. They don't bother anyone either, except for rival citiy gangmembers. If you asked every Redondo Beach resident if they knew of this gang, 98% would have no one what you were talking about. There's a couple gangs in east torrance, way way east torrance. That's why I said 90%, Torrance has 139,000 people. This is only near Harbor City, everyone and their grandmother knows about this part. There are more Asian Gangs in East East Torrance than anything else i.e. Wah Ching. Yes, there's 350 known gangs in L.A. County, but there's also a heck of a lot of cities in Los Angeles County.
I have to disagree with you on a couple of things.There are more than just Asian gangs in Torrance their are also Hispanic gangs as well.I lived in Torrance for 6 years and I have driven through areas in Torrance that look like little Tijuana.Yes,these areas are in East Torrance but it takes literally 5 minutes to drive from West to East Torrance.I also worked in Manhattan Beach for awhile and was aware of gang activity in Redondo Beach .I find it hard to believe that it's residents don't.Live in Westchester now gang activity here as well.Culver City gangs as well.You can find gang activity in just about any suburb in Los Angeles County that's just a fact of living in L.A.

Old 01-10-2007, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINNIEK View Post
I have to disagree with you on a couple of things.There are more than just Asian gangs in Torrance their are also Hispanic gangs as well.I lived in Torrance for 6 years and I have driven through areas in Torrance that look like little Tijuana.Yes,these areas are in East Torrance but it takes literally 5 minutes to drive from West to East Torrance.I also worked in Manhattan Beach for awhile and was aware of gang activity in Redondo Beach .I find it hard to believe that it's residents don't.Live in Westchester now gang activity here as well.Culver City gangs as well.You can find gang activity in just about any suburb in Los Angeles County that's just a fact of living in L.A.
I respect your opinion, but let me point out some crucial information. LoL...Little Tijuana...Have you ever been to Tijuana?! Tijuana is worse than Watts. There are only two hispanic gangs, Tortilla Flats and East Side Torrance. It may be five minutes to drive, but it's still in the top 10 largest cities of Los Angeles County. I've lived in North Redondo off of Artesia and Vanderbilt, and the neighborhood didn't have any evident crime. I know North Redondo has begun to look old, but this is no indication gang violence is visible. There is only one gang in North Redondo, and they don't pose a serious threat to anyone except those involved in criminal activities and the community. I would be careful in parts Culver City and Westchester, there is high level of gang activity. But, many affluent blacks and middle class latinos live in Westchester and Culver City.

Old 01-10-2007, 11:45 AM

96 posts, read 751,105 times
The best way to do LA is to live in the suburbs outside of it. Otherwise the sound of police helicopters will be what lulls you to sleep every night, no kidding. If you don't have $800,000+ to spend on a modest house, then you'd probably want to look into living in the IE (Inland Empire), which is going to be a commute to LA, unfortunately, but will get you a decent place to live for a much more affordable (not reasonable, just more affordable) price. The best cities in the IE are Rancho Cucamonga, Clairmont, and some parts of Ontario, in my opinion. If you want to shell out a little more dough, you can look into the San Fernando Valley and surrounding areas, such as San Dimas, Glendora, Mission Viejo, and others that I can't think of off the top of my head. But, please oh please, stay away from LA !

Old 01-10-2007, 12:41 PM

57 posts, read 517,739 times
East torrance is pretty run down, and filled with gangs, graffati, and loud music and is completely different than west torrance. (even though they are only a 5 minute drive apart).

Torrance itself is a good city, except when you go into the East part of Torrance it deterates and becomes just like the other cities (I.E hawthorne, gardena, inglewood, carson)

So what WINNIEK saying is very true, except that Redondo, Huntington, Hermosa - pretty much all parts of those cities are safe, even if they have a little bit of gang activity. Far East torrance though is actually called "harbor gateway" or something like that, so it's an "unincoporated zone", but really it's torrance, so any kinda of crime there won't go into Torrances crime stats, so it's misleading looking at the stats.

If you want somewhere nice to live, Los Angeles doesn't have many nice places... The really nice places would be: mission viejo, Irvine, lake forest, Palos Verdes, and Beverly hills - but you'll need to be rich to live in any of those places, due to the high rent and housing costs.

Last edited by Josh22; 01-10-2007 at 12:49 PM..

Old 01-10-2007, 12:43 PM

I agree Josh, but remember it's East East Torrance. It's an area gridlocked by Carson and Harbor City.

Old 01-10-2007, 01:34 PM

61 posts, read 290,774 times
Quote:
I respect your opinion, but let me point out some crucial information. LoL...Little Tijuana...Have you ever been to Tijuana?! Tijuana is worse than Watts. There are only two hispanic gangs, Tortilla Flats and East Side Torrance. It may be five minutes to drive, but it's still in the top 10 largest cities of Los Angeles County. I've lived in North Redondo off of Artesia and Vanderbilt, and the neighborhood didn't have any evident crime. I know North Redondo has begun to look old, but this is no indication gang violence is visible. There is only one gang in North Redondo, and they don't pose a serious threat to anyone except those involved in criminal activities and the community. I would be careful in parts Culver City and Westchester, there is high level of gang activity. But, many affluent blacks and middle class latinos live in Westchester and Culver City.
Well I have been to Tijuana and like I said the area that I drove through looked pretty similiar.Been to Watts many many times some streets looked better than what I saw in East Torrance some worse.Race has actually nothing to do with the issue here.Like I said I live in Westchester and I am very aware that it is a typical middle class city with affluent people of All races.However I am merely pointing out that there are gangs in all of these cities.I am no way comparing these cities to lower income areas of Los Angeles just stating the truth gangs exist there.Gangs are a serious threat to everyone because like I learned from an ABC special as a kid."Bullet don't have any names and if they do it's most likely misspelled"LOL.

Old 01-10-2007, 02:23 PM

57 posts, read 517,739 times
Quote:
I agree Josh, but remember it's East East Torrance. It's an area gridlocked by Carson and Harbor City.
Yeah, but East Torrance is still Torrance, and I think WINNIEK also meant East torrance too in his post. Torrance has it's nice parts, but all it takes is a 5 minute drive across Torrance BLVD, pass western, and look where you end up.... run down streets, gangs, etc.

So the majority of Torrance is nice, but it takes all but 5 minutes to cross over into the wrong part of Torrance. Although in Redondo, Hermosa, Huntington - there basically are no parts you have to worry about, the cities are really high class in all areas.

Old 01-10-2007, 02:26 PM

No, race has nothing to do with gangs in an area, but income does. I was expressing their are succesful minority groups in these cities of Culver City and Westchester, which does decrease violence. Gangs definently swarm in low income areas rather than wealthy areas. I respect your opinion on comparing Tijuana to East Torrance, even though I believe its the exact contrary. You have honestly been to Tijuana?!

Old 01-10-2007, 02:36 PM

http://www.pitzer.edu/offices/cccsi/...s/two-dogs.gif

Tijuana

lol. Are you sure we're talking about the same Tijuana?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles