U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 04:00 PM

61 posts, read 201,059 times

Advertisements

Yep, I have.Couple of night of partying after I turned 18.Has been some years,but you have got to admit the streets between Carson St & Torrance Blvd just east of Western would blend in just fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2007, 04:19 PM

1,700 posts, read 4,433,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WINNIEK View Post
Yep, I have.Couple of night of partying after I turned 18.Has been some years,but you have got to admit the streets between Carson St & Torrance Blvd just east of Western would blend in just fine.
I'm glad you had fun, but you must have been to boozed up to remember what it looked like. No, I'm only kidding! Or am I?!

This property is East East Torrance by the 110 Freeway.

Realtor.com
Type in Torrance
Click Show Properties
It's the First One and the Cheapest One

When you're finished, match it with the Tijuana residence.

Old 01-10-2007, 04:21 PM

You can do the same for Watts on realtor.com, just type in Watts instead of Torrance and follow the same directions.

Old 01-10-2007, 05:17 PM

61 posts, read 201,059 times
Well the areas near the 110 freeway don't look nearly as bad as east of western.But I don't need to look either of the cities up on realtor.com. Lived very close to the East Torrance area that I referred to earlier for 6 years.Went to church in Compton and my family went to a soul food restaurant in Watts every Sunday for almost 20 years.Still go to the restaurant every now and then(Great Food,Cheap prices).About two blocks from the projects in Watts.I have seen with my own eyes what the city looks like.Like I have said before Some streets look a lot better than East Torrance some worse.

Old 01-10-2007, 05:48 PM

Well, that's what's great about opinions, everyone has one!

Old 01-11-2007, 10:38 PM

11,979 posts, read 13,328,763 times
Default Gangs

Quote:
I have to disagree with you on a couple of things.There are more than just Asian gangs in Torrance their are also Hispanic gangs as well.I lived in Torrance for 6 years and I have driven through areas in Torrance that look like little Tijuana.Yes,these areas are in East Torrance but it takes literally 5 minutes to drive from West to East Torrance.I also worked in Manhattan Beach for awhile and was aware of gang activity in Redondo Beach .I find it hard to believe that it's residents don't.Live in Westchester now gang activity here as well.Culver City gangs as well.You can find gang activity in just about any suburb in Los Angeles County that's just a fact of living in L.A.
Most of Culver City is pretty safe though, the only area you have to worry about is the western part of Culver City near the projects. C.C. has a lower crime rate than Beverly Hills does. That's actually one of the nicer parts of LA County and it's still not THAT expensive comparatively speaking....

Old 01-18-2007, 01:07 AM

57 posts, read 350,776 times
Quote:
Well the areas near the 110 freeway don't look nearly as bad as east of western.But I don't need to look either of the cities up on realtor.com. Lived very close to the East Torrance area that I referred to earlier for 6 years.Went to church in Compton and my family went to a soul food restaurant in Watts every Sunday for almost 20 years.Still go to the restaurant every now and then(Great Food,Cheap prices).About two blocks from the projects in Watts.I have seen with my own eyes what the city looks like.Like I have said before Some streets look a lot better than East Torrance some worse.
Taking torrance BLVD and then making a right or left onto western, those areas are pretty bad, and look bad.

I got a picture off my camera phone when I was testing out the camera, taken in Torrance (I think it was in east torrance, off either crenshaw or western, I forgot):

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/1536/randompictureintorrancexm8.jpg (broken link)

As you can see... not a very good looking area. Although not all of torrance is like that, in fact, most of it isn't like that, mostly just the east part.

I heard something on the news earlier about how east torrance/harbor gateways street gang is one of the most deadly in LA (they even showed Torrance police car driving by), and how there was another gang hate-related shooting in East torrance.

So I'm not sure what all the praise about Torrance is, when in fact it's a pretty crummy city. (expect for the WEST part, and south part, north part is so-so. Although the cost to live in the West and South parts are high, so that kinda cancels it out, because normal-wage earning people who move to Torrance may not be able to live in the good parts)

If you're looking for a good all around city in Los angeles, then live in Santa monica, beverly hills, mission viejo, laguna beach, newport beach, Palos Verdes, redondo beach, lake forest, Irvine, etc, as there are many other cities that are good in every part of them! But then again, the cost of living is high in all these cities.... that's los angeles for you! You won't be able to live in the nice areas, unless you're rich.

Last edited by Josh22; 01-18-2007 at 01:17 AM..

Old 01-19-2007, 11:57 AM

3,632 posts, read 11,008,436 times
http://homepics.realtor.com/image2/http/westernla/listings/large/030/06-149859.jpg (broken link)
Photo Viewer

Forgive me for getting into this thread late. But the talk about Compton ( and I know it's a bad place to live) made me wonder how much it is over there.

This house is listed for $330,000! I really can see why CA people come to AZ and buy up houses left and right!

Old 01-19-2007, 02:07 PM

2 posts, read 53,885 times
Hey guys i'm from the U.K and all we hear about L.A is gang crime,no go areas for whites,hispanics and blacks.Drive by's,Crips,bloods,NLR and cops beatin up unarmed civilians and greed.
Beverly hills with more money than sense and crime crime crime.
How muxch is true.

Old 01-19-2007, 10:35 PM

536 posts, read 1,717,703 times
It obviously can't be that bad, since like 1 out of every 4 shows is based on LA, with their nice cars and nice houses and blah blah blah.

You just have to know how to get around. Dont expect the best out of somewhere when you don't have the money to live there. I mean I've heard somewhere that houses average over 500K in bad neighborhoods.

LA is probably a great city in it's own way, but it shows you something about the US. . If you don't have money, you really don't have anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles