U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 07:22 AM

687 posts, read 832,604 times

Advertisements

what's it like in Pomona ? She did ask what Pomona is like, right? Well, I chose to mention the smog as part of what Pomona is like. I don't think two sentences should be referred to as a lecture though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2009, 08:04 AM

68,668 posts, read 78,674,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by osuzana View Post
what's it like in Pomona ? She did ask what Pomona is like, right? Well, I chose to mention the smog as part of what Pomona is like. I don't think two sentences should be referred to as a lecture though.
If your comment is referring to my response, I really didn't consider you lecturing but no, she didn't ask about what Pomona was like, her question was related to crime, not the overall community.
Just my opinion.
Nita

Old 10-20-2009, 08:34 AM

687 posts, read 832,604 times
We are all entitled to our opinions but see the purple part of my last post? That was a direct quote from the OP. Just wanted to make that clear that she actually did ask "what's it like"? Did she ask if Pomona was like living in a toilet? Let' move on and just agree to disagree,k?

Old 10-20-2009, 04:02 PM

13 posts, read 51,384 times
Phillips Ranch area of Pomona is really nice. It is indeed in a nice neighborhood with really good schools. Ranch Hills and Decker Elementary are fine schoools that feed into Diamond Ranch High School. Phillips Ranch is mostly residential, which contributes to a quiet environment.

Old 10-24-2009, 08:54 AM

13,522 posts, read 13,313,892 times
An acquaintance lives in the historic district of Pomona. She said she loves it, it's safe and my opinion is that the architeture is beautiful in that area. (And no area in the San Gabriel Valley is without smog, as we all know!)

Old 07-09-2011, 12:22 PM

1 posts, read 2,123 times
I DEFEND THIS CITY BECAUSE I LIVE IN POMONA ... ITS NOT EVEN WHAT PEOPLE SAY ... IF UR NOT INVOVLED UR GD IVE LIVED HER MY WHOLE LIFE N LOOK IM STILL ALIVE .. SO IF I WAS U I WOULDNT SAY ANYTHING .. SO SAVE UR WORDS ... U SHOULD COME N VISIT AND ACTUALLY C HOW IT IS

Old 11-18-2013, 07:10 AM

1,420 posts, read 2,500,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasksgirl View Post
Crime rates seem a bit high.. what's it like in Pomona ? Is it all surburbs or is it urban.. is it dangerous .. the houses seem beautiful .. .thanks

Pastor's slaying is latest in a year of violence for Pomona - latimes.com

Old 11-18-2013, 08:37 AM

29,125 posts, read 20,964,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smp2010 View Post
...IF you are looking at hoses online, beware they don't dare show anything of the neighborhoods because they don't want to scare away a buyer...
When Harrier is in the market for hoses, he goes to the hardware store.

By the way, if any potential Cal Poly Pomona students are reading this thread, please don't let it scare you away. The university is technically located within the Pomona city limits, but it is somewhat removed from the "heart of the city". There is very little reason to go into the more dangerous core of Pomona, so you should feel perfectly safe choosing to pursue your education at this fine institution of higher learning.

Old 11-18-2013, 02:22 PM

223 posts, read 357,540 times
Covina native here and Pomona is a MEGA-dump. At one point in the late 80's/early 90's it led the country in murders per-capita. I have an uncle who is a police officer there and man does he have some stories. I would stay out of the city. Only safe parts are near Fairplex and the far Western side which is like another city entirely and feels more like neighboring Diamond Bar.

Old 11-18-2013, 10:06 PM

27 posts, read 46,538 times
best hook up es spot es la winco
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles