Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2010, 07:20 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,386,687 times

Advertisements

Agree that it can get really hot in LA especially inland from the ocean, but nothing like the brutal heat of Phoenix or Tucson. Today was really beautiful for winter. Pasadena was 83F.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2010, 09:36 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,695,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Have you spent a summer in Tucson or Phoenix? The heat in Phoenix is enough to knock you out and you don't want to even venture outside of an air conditioned building. L.A. doesn't hold a candle to that, fortunately.
Places like Northridge, Woodland Hills and Calabasas have summer weather pretty similar to Phoenix because the weather is not much different. Riverside and San Bernardino can also get pretty scorching hot too. My original point was that L.A. is like those two cities in the sense that it has hot, dry summers with virtually no rain. This is excluding the coastal areas. I do know that PHX and Tucson do have monsoons though. One thing that makes L.A. more comfortable is that it cools off at night in the summer

Old 06-01-2010, 03:03 PM
noz

8 posts, read 21,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j760 View Post
There are plenty of places around the country that have more rain, and have changes in weather more often. L.A. is not one of them, and that should be of no surprise to anyone.

What makes me laugh is when people say the weather in Southern California is to boring, if you have to look to the weather for entertainment your due for some new hobbies.
Sorry but weather adds character to one's life...if your don't appreciate 4 seasons, I feel sorry for you.

Old 06-01-2010, 03:08 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,748,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noz View Post
Sorry but weather adds character to one's life...if your don't appreciate 4 seasons, I feel sorry for you.

You can have my character. I'll take the 72F in February.

Old 06-01-2010, 03:08 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,384,877 times
Oh geez, LA has to deal with this too?

Old 06-01-2010, 03:11 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,987,536 times
Quote:
Every place has weather. Maybe what you meant is that silly old canard that bad weather (ie, unpleasantness) builds character?

Anyway, I guess you think people who live in - say - Moscow and/or Winnipeg have more character than - say - people who live in Biloxi and/or Anchorage. You know, because of all that 'character-building' done by the widely variable mid-continental climates? Right?

Southern California has four seasons. Not as distinct as some places, but more distinct than others.

Old 06-01-2010, 03:15 PM
noz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyageur View Post
Every place has weather. Maybe what you meant is that silly old canard that bad weather (ie, unpleasantness) builds character?

Anyway, I guess you think people who live in - say - Moscow and/or Winnipeg have more character than - say - people who live in Biloxi and/or Anchorage. You know, because of all that 'character-building' done by the widely variable mid-continental climates? Right?

Southern California has four seasons. Not as distinct as some places, but more distinct than others.
It doesn't have to be bad weather...just varying weather. I'm not sure why weather has to be monotonous, boring, and unchanging to be good...is that how boring you like things?

I'll take nice sunny, breezy, white puffy cloud days that throw sunlight around in all directions, have dark spots, light spots, light drizzle, over night rain, etc over the dull, boring, monotone, white-smog filled skies of LA anyday.

You haven't lived in other places with nice weather apparently...you think comparing artic weather to a dry Mediterranean climate is an even comparison.

Old 06-01-2010, 03:17 PM
noz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
You can have my character. I'll take the 72F in February.
Thanks I will...too bad your city is ranked at one of the lowest spots in the world...weather and all.

Old 06-01-2010, 03:24 PM

1,465 posts, read 5,146,869 times
Quote:
Thanks I will...too bad your city is ranked at one of the lowest spots in the world...weather and all.
I see all your extra character is coming in handy with your charm.

Old 06-01-2010, 03:29 PM
noz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownVentura View Post
I see all your extra character is coming in handy with your charm.
It's funny how all the So Cal ambulance chasers come out in full force to defend their turf....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles