U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 11:06 AM

3,043 posts, read 7,361,573 times
You are lucky that it was only a "fix it" ticket. I've talked to several officers of both LAPD and the CHP that have said that not having a front plate could be considered a moving violation, because it could be considered an attempt to avoid citation from a "red light camera." I think they are cracking down on this more these days because of all the red light cameras that are now being used.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2008, 12:43 PM

636 posts, read 1,813,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dereistic01 View Post
so i got a ticket for not having a front license plate a couple weeks ago.

it says it's a correctable offense, but doesnt explain what to do. i even checked lasuperiourcourt.com and am still confused.

if anyone has gotten a ticket for this, you wanna explain to me what to do to get this fixed?
Friend of mine got one. Don't know what she did to correct it though.

Old 06-07-2008, 03:22 PM

162 posts, read 387,024 times
I got one of these while parked in the long-term parking at LAX. It didn't say anything about it being a "fix-it" ticket, though I know that they are. It was $25, I just went ahead and paid it, though it really pissed me off. Gov't must be looking for every which way to make money these days.

Meanwhile plenty of people in LA drive pieces of crap that are barely road-worthy and polluting like crazy.

Old 06-07-2008, 09:18 PM

1,085 posts, read 1,490,769 times
There are so many cars that just have the dealership name as the license plate or no plates at all...

Old 06-08-2008, 04:31 PM

5,004 posts, read 5,121,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
That's correct, it is $10. Also, you can just mail the signed ticket to the court.
Yes, but I suggest mailing it certified mail, return receipt so you get proof that it was received.

I worked at the Antelope Valley Courthouse when it was located on Avenue J. We had lots of angry people coming to the ticket windows saying that they had mailed in their proof of correction and received a delinquency notice in the mail. Sometimes the cost of the ticket is so high at that point people have to come into court and show the judge still another proof of correction (since the original was lost in the mail) so that the fine might be lowered to the original $10 correction fee.

Old 06-08-2008, 11:04 PM

1,297 posts, read 3,653,845 times
I get one of those every once in awhile. I don't have a front plate because it doesnt look good on the front bumper. With some car models, it doesn't matter. With others models, it sticks out like a sore thumb.

You need to go to any sheriff station, they check it, you walk around the side to the court clerk and pay your fine. I think its about $25.00 in total now.

Your in valley, and I feel bad for you. Van Nuys Court House is one of the worst Ive seen aside from Inglewood. I'd suggest you check the line, if it's long, just send it overnight mail.

I think there is a smaller office in the west valley somewhere.

Old 06-08-2008, 11:06 PM

1,297 posts, read 3,653,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavid93225 View Post
You are lucky that it was only a "fix it" ticket. I've talked to several officers of both LAPD and the CHP that have said that not having a front plate could be considered a moving violation, because it could be considered an attempt to avoid citation from a "red light camera." I think they are cracking down on this more these days because of all the red light cameras that are now being used.
That would be a stretch in court. I think the newer cameras take both front and rear pictures.

Old 06-09-2008, 05:12 PM

5,404 posts, read 7,782,811 times
FIX IT!!!

my friend got a citation for not having a front plate. we parked and when we came back to the car we saw the infraction.

sucks.

but fix it, it should say on the back of the ticket what to do. and do it on time.

when ever i have got a fix it ticket, (tags, lights, etc) i just get it fixed.

go to the verification point on hill down the street from the court

then go wait in line at the court to have it taken care of.

it can take the better half of your day but its better than waiting and having it turn into something bigger.

do it ASAP, otherwise it turns into bail and that is not cheap and if you dont pay the fine/bail it turns into a FTA/failure to appear and then you have to go to court, where the fine is reduced but still assessed a 240% increase for wasting the courts time.

trust me get it taken care of ASAP.

Old 01-17-2009, 11:48 PM

502 posts, read 534,841 times
I have two cars that are from 1967 and one has a blue plate and one has a black plate. I do not have the front plates.

Old 01-18-2009, 02:33 AM

1,204 posts, read 2,844,935 times
If it doesn't fit on the bumper, put it on the dash. Mine sits nicely, and the cops say its good enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles