U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-17-2008, 08:41 PM
 
Location: Westside Compton
43 posts, read 255,257 times
Reputation: 48
Basically everywhere between Century Freeway and Rosa Parks Freeway is gang controlled. I'll make a list but its long. This is a gang list starting on the south part of crenshaw(century frwy) and going north bound(ending at rosa parks frwy). You got: Avenue Piru, Crenshaw Mafia Bloods, Inglewood Family Blood, Rollin 60 Crips, Rollin 40 Crips, Black P Stones-Jungle, West Boulevard Crip, Rollin 20 Bloods, Black P Stones-Bity. note* These are ONLY the BLACK gangs that are directly on crenshaw blvd, there are also many other gangs who control the streets off of crenshaw(centinela park piru, van ness brims, etc.) or hispanic sets also on crenshaw which I did not include(18th Street, LCV3, etc).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-18-2008, 11:26 AM
 
151 posts, read 490,892 times
Reputation: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCentral View Post
Basically everywhere between Century Freeway and Rosa Parks Freeway is gang controlled. I'll make a list but its long. This is a gang list starting on the south part of crenshaw(century frwy) and going north bound(ending at rosa parks frwy). You got: Avenue Piru, Crenshaw Mafia Bloods, Inglewood Family Blood, Rollin 60 Crips, Rollin 40 Crips, Black P Stones-Jungle, West Boulevard Crip, Rollin 20 Bloods, Black P Stones-Bity. note* These are ONLY the BLACK gangs that are directly on crenshaw blvd, there are also many other gangs who control the streets off of crenshaw(centinela park piru, van ness brims, etc.) or hispanic sets also on crenshaw which I did not include(18th Street, LCV3, etc).
Is the Century Freeway the 405? And where does Crenshaw end up at the Rosa Parks freeway?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2008, 12:25 PM
 
Location: Hot Springs, AR
5,612 posts, read 9,282,167 times
Reputation: 3594
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCentral View Post
Basically everywhere between Century Freeway and Rosa Parks Freeway is gang controlled. I'll make a list but its long. This is a gang list starting on the south part of crenshaw(century frwy) and going north bound(ending at rosa parks frwy). You got: Avenue Piru, Crenshaw Mafia Bloods, Inglewood Family Blood, Rollin 60 Crips, Rollin 40 Crips, Black P Stones-Jungle, West Boulevard Crip, Rollin 20 Bloods, Black P Stones-Bity. note* These are ONLY the BLACK gangs that are directly on crenshaw blvd, there are also many other gangs who control the streets off of crenshaw(centinela park piru, van ness brims, etc.) or hispanic sets also on crenshaw which I did not include(18th Street, LCV3, etc).
This is a flat out lie! Yes, there is gang activity on or near Crenshaw; however, there is a section of Crenshaw that does not have anything to do with gangs in the area you have outlined as "gang run" and that is the stretch from Jefferson to just past Vernon. Please don't generalize. There are very nice upscale and middle class nieghborhoods in the section of Crenshaw I've outlined and the gangs stay away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2008, 12:28 PM
 
Location: Westside Compton
43 posts, read 255,257 times
Reputation: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivabigpapi View Post
Is the Century Freeway the 405? And where does Crenshaw end up at the Rosa Parks freeway?
The Century Freeway is the 105, it does cross with the 405 near crenshaw blvd however. The 105 runs east-west, while the 405 runs north-south(in this area of the city anyway). And just south of the Rosa Parks Frwy, Crenshaw meets West Adams Blvd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2008, 12:45 PM
 
Location: Westside Compton
43 posts, read 255,257 times
Reputation: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
This is a flat out lie! Yes, there is gang activity on or near Crenshaw; however, there is a section of Crenshaw that does not have anything to do with gangs in the area you have outlined as "gang run" and that is the stretch from Jefferson to just past Vernon. Please don't generalize. There are very nice upscale and middle class nieghborhoods in the section of Crenshaw I've outlined and the gangs stay away.
Ya youre right, between Rodeo and Jefferson there is no gang activity. Also on the east side of crenshaw(between Crenshaw and Arlington, MLK and Rodeo), which adjacent to Black P Stones turf, there is no gang that i know of.
EDIT: Windsor Hills/View Park also have no gangs.

Last edited by SouthCentral; 06-18-2008 at 12:59 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2008, 01:50 PM
 
Location: West LA
2,318 posts, read 4,794,225 times
Reputation: 1043
How's the Wal-Mart at Crenshaw and MLK? I'm actually fairly new to LA and don't know well enough where the specific bad areas are, so I avoid fairly big swaths of the city...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2008, 01:55 PM
 
Location: SoCal - Sherman Oaks & Woodland Hills
12,980 posts, read 17,728,809 times
Reputation: 10491
Okay, I am still confused as to the area the OP is referring to. One post says Crenshaw and Imperial Hwy, another says Crenshaw and Stocker/Slauson.

Most areas that Crenshaw blvd runs along are bad. The only exception is the quarter mile from Olympic Blvd. to Wilshire where Crenshaw ends, and from maybe Redondo Beach Blvd to PCH where I believe it ends as well are the somewhat nice areas of Crenshaw. Other areas are to be avoided.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2008, 02:11 PM
 
253 posts, read 869,081 times
Reputation: 121
Someone made a nice Google Map with a lot of detail on L.A. gangs - should be required reading for all of those newcomers who show up here and post "Is this neighborhood nice?" threads.

Google Maps
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2008, 02:22 PM
 
Location: West LA
2,318 posts, read 4,794,225 times
Reputation: 1043
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandalR View Post
Someone made a nice Google Map with a lot of detail on L.A. gangs - should be required reading for all of those newcomers who show up here and post "Is this neighborhood nice?" threads.

Google Maps
That link just takes me to Google Maps regular homepage!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-18-2008, 02:38 PM
 
253 posts, read 869,081 times
Reputation: 121
Link works for me - just search for a map called "Gangs of Los Angeles" and you'll find it. You may have to have a Google ID and log in to see it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top