U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 06:42 AM

488 posts, read 940,491 times
I am sorry my post's are coming up twice (embarrassing it is). I use my room-mates computer. I've never had one. I am slow when it comes to computers (again, join the line ladies).

Last edited by msnorman67; 09-06-2008 at 06:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2008, 09:30 AM

330 posts, read 886,781 times
Default Pro-human

Quote:
Originally Posted by msnorman67 View Post
Point taken. I really do respect other's opinions. I honestly think there are things more important than laws. As far as the original thread goes I love and respect all regardless of race and borders. I do try to obey the law unless it contradicts logic or my own sense of morality. Responsibility is a personal issue I guess. What seems clear to me is not always seen as clear to others. But how can you argue with pro-human?
Yes. That is true. People have rights. Not just citizens. No matter what their natural orgin. The US consitution says..."We the people of the United States...Parents do what they can to give their children a better life. A sicky baby infant boy was smuggled in from Mexico. Now in his 30's, he is a physician in Los Angeles who takes care of patients. A man I used to work with had a family in Mexico. He didn't want his teenage daughters crossing over here because it is too dangerous. People have died of heat stroke in the Arizona desert trying to come here. Many women were attacked by coyotes who were supposed to help them. There is something wrong in the Mexican government, if people do not want to live there. The country of Mexico is too big to become part of the USA. There are no solutions at this time. It is not black and white. Many gray areas in between. It would help if people would assimilate into our country and keep their own culture as well. I like and get along with all kinds of people. That is what we want to teach children. So they may grow up healthy and happy.

Last edited by Texasturkey; 09-06-2008 at 09:40 AM..

Old 09-06-2008, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohs View Post
Wow Texasturkey everything you have posted hit the nail on the head. I am white & grew up in southern California and worked in fast food, factories, and other low paying customer service jobs and never thought about class or nationalities until moving away from that area and dealing with social class issues more in San Bernardino, LA, & now San Jose. I find myself very frustrated & thinking about nationalities differently now. I currently live in a 98% Hispanic area and am a teacher. I am appalled at all the Hispanics who live here and have children but do not even try to become a part of the American culture. I have worked very hard to become a teacher and live a normal life and never thought I would view the world this way, but I am filled with rage knowing that I cannot afford the middle class life style I worked so hard for. I want to have a family and home. I live in the "poor" community and will never be able to afford a house, I pay huge amounts of taxes so that Hispanics can come here and have tons of kids, get free education, a good life, but do not even appreciate it nor do they want to be Americans. So to answer the original question I think true Americans no matter their backgrounds get along just fine. My husband is half Mexican & half white, I never think “oh I married a Hispanic man”, he is just my amazing husband. But when I look at whole communities of Hispanics who do not care to learn English, help their children do their school work, get free lunches, and everything else, then I would say the relationship is hostile, this exist in all areas flooded with over whelming numbers of Hispanics. LA, San Jose, Imperial Valley, Fresno, Medesto, parts of Texas, Denver, the list goes on and on.
Thanks! Yes, some people have a closer view of this isssue when they work in the public sector like education, child development, social services and the healthcare industry. Overcrowded and underfunded schools, hospital closures, overburdened government services and the demand for Spanish speaking employees. If I was in sales, business or some other type of private industry, I would not see it as much like so many other Americans who are impartial toward this matter.

Old 09-06-2008, 09:19 PM

Default Deleting a post

Quote:
Originally Posted by msnorman67 View Post
I am sorry my post's are coming up twice (embarrassing it is). I use my room-mates computer. I've never had one. I am slow when it comes to computers (again, join the line ladies).
You can delete your post by cliking on the edit link. That is up to a certain amount of time the message board allows editing and deleting.

Old 09-06-2008, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasturkey View Post
You can delete your post by cliking on the edit link. That is up to a certain amount of time the message board allows editing and deleting.
Thanks.

Old 09-07-2008, 09:19 AM

5,612 posts, read 9,445,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohs View Post
Wow Texasturkey everything you have posted hit the nail on the head. I am white & grew up in southern California and worked in fast food, factories, and other low paying customer service jobs and never thought about class or nationalities until moving away from that area and dealing with social class issues more in San Bernardino, LA, & now San Jose. I find myself very frustrated & thinking about nationalities differently now. I currently live in a 98% Hispanic area and am a teacher. I am appalled at all the Hispanics who live here and have children but do not even try to become a part of the American culture. I have worked very hard to become a teacher and live a normal life and never thought I would view the world this way, but I am filled with rage knowing that I cannot afford the middle class life style I worked so hard for. I want to have a family and home. I live in the "poor" community and will never be able to afford a house, I pay huge amounts of taxes so that Hispanics can come here and have tons of kids, get free education, a good life, but do not even appreciate it nor do they want to be Americans. So to answer the original question I think true Americans no matter their backgrounds get along just fine. My husband is half Mexican & half white, I never think “oh I married a Hispanic man”, he is just my amazing husband. But when I look at whole communities of Hispanics who do not care to learn English, help their children do their school work, get free lunches, and everything else, then I would say the relationship is hostile, this exist in all areas flooded with over whelming numbers of Hispanics. LA, San Jose, Imperial Valley, Fresno, Medesto, parts of Texas, Denver, the list goes on and on.
What really sad is that the Hispanic families who want to assimilate have a harder time because people automatically assume they are one of "the ones" described in the quoted post. And yes, as long as a certain segment of the Hispanic population agrees to be the replacement slaves, they will be allowed to come here in droves. When they, like Blacks refuse to continue to have menial lives, they wil be turned on and will not receive the free assistance they currently enjoy and we will see an increase of the next group of people who agree to slaves wages.

Of course Corporate America doesn't really want a large wave of another group here so they are sending jobs overseas. The purpose of Corporate America) is to keep the quality of life down so that people need to work, so that the CEO's, etc, stay rich.

And by allowing such mass illegal immigration, they also divide and conquer. We are so busy fighting over immigration we don't have time to fight the real enemy: Corporate America.

Old 09-07-2008, 10:59 AM

Thanks SandyCo for letting this thread go this far. I think there may be a balance possible but I am new to this forum. It is still beyond me how this is even an issue at all. People are people (so why should it be?) CESpeed: I ain't black but my fist is still in the air. (Corporate America? I wouldn't know where to begin). Take the borders down and look each other in the eye.

Old 09-07-2008, 03:45 PM

5,883 posts, read 4,409,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasturkey View Post
My Sociology professor is a Salvadorian coyote who is pro immigration. She helps the illegals get over here. She was one of the walkouts that protested in the streets. I am sure that had something to do with it.

Blacks still call themselves that, not African Americans
Whites still call themselves that, not European Americans.
but regardless black is a vague term and do not consist of those that american, theres all kinds of blacks here

Old 09-07-2008, 06:58 PM

5,612 posts, read 9,445,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
but regardless black is a vague term and do not consist of those that american, theres all kinds of blacks here
In what universe? When you say Black, that means an American person of African heritage. Blacks who originate from other countries will very quickly tell you that they aren't American, that they are Jamican, Hatian, Nigerian, Dominican, etc.

Old 10-04-2008, 05:52 PM

142 posts, read 157,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasturkey View Post
thanks! Yes, some people have a closer view of this isssue when they work in the public sector like education, child development, social services and the healthcare industry. Overcrowded and underfunded schools, hospital closures, overburdened government services and the demand for spanish speaking employees. If i was in sales, business or some other type of private industry, i would not see it as much like so many other americans who are impartial toward this matter.
both u an (ohs) consider urselves educated but fail to educate urself in the fact that many of those ppl that get the services are the kids kegal born kids not the parent of the kids who are illegal but besides that those parent contribute millions of dollars in taxes that studies have show pay for their fair share of the services they use for their kids next time try an educate urselfs on issues before speakin out
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles