Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2008, 02:25 AM

3 posts, read 45,091 times

Advertisements

I have been wrapping my mind around this question for about a month now. I'm a 22 year old, indecisive Black male. For years, I have been lamenting about leaving the Antelope Valley behind for greener pastures, but have yet to actually make a move. The farthest I have move is from Lancaster to Palmdale. Now that my lease is up at the room I'm renting, Im starting to look at new options. I can have a roommate at an apartment in Lancaster, get my ass into gear and got the local Financial Aid hut.. I mean Community College.

Or I could move to South LA with my aunt and live rent free, and get my ass into gear and go to a Community College. I have always wanted to do broadcast engineering (and make music, tut tut), and there are more colleges that offer those programs oppose to AVC which has none. I would feel bad because I just got a job at Sam's Club because the high school district lied about summer work for substitute custiodians. I really wish my parents made me go to college instead of charging me $400 a month in rent, heh. Yea, I could use some advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2008, 08:33 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,082,291 times
Here's advice: GET OFF YOUR BUTT, move in with your aunt and take yourself to college. Minimum wage jobs exist for a reason: they are stepping stones, temporary places to earn money until you can find a REAL job. They are rarely a launching pad into a career. Now if want to become an executive for Wal-Mart one day, you are on your way. I you want career in music, a real one - not a fantasy one, not the "I coulda been" one, get to LA while the opportunity is presenting itself. Btw, they have Wal-Marts and Sam's Club's in LA, you can always transfer if you want to keep your job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles