U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 06:46 PM

922 posts, read 1,348,549 times

Advertisements

I am a straight male. I'll be 30 when I move back to the usa Im thinking about west hollywood

I like the area, its clean ,nice clubs , nice shopping ( Im somewhat metero... to an extent but it seemed like a clean upscale areawith city amenities )

I was there today looking around . Is it more suited for gay folks ? would I fit in? or would I be out of place?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2008, 06:52 PM

54 posts, read 133,947 times
I lived there for 4 years. Im a female. You will be very popular being a male in his early 30's... It is manly gay but if you like the stores, why not?

Old 06-26-2008, 07:02 PM

6,237 posts, read 12,008,082 times
there are a lot of gays living in weho, but you should be fine being straight, just don't hang out at the bars/clubs on santa monica blvd unless you want to get picked up on by dudes.

Old 06-26-2008, 07:33 PM

74 posts, read 8,414 times
Why are there so many thread started to address gay issues? Is there a disproportionate number of gays on this forum?

Old 06-26-2008, 07:35 PM

922 posts, read 1,348,549 times
is there a better part of hollywood? for the straight single male professional. that likes urban settings. but only clean areas! some parts of LA are but too rundown for me no offense

santa monica blvd is a very clean area it seems. but im defeinetly not interested in guys. not my style

whats a fantastic gym in hollywood while I think about it?

Old 06-26-2008, 07:43 PM

5,163 posts, read 10,289,568 times
If you live in certain parts of West Hollywood, yeah, you might get hit on by men. So what? Turn them down with a smile. That's what I always did when men hit on me!

West Hollywood is nice. I'd live there if I could afford to.

Old 06-26-2008, 09:13 PM

5,612 posts, read 9,672,110 times
SandyCo is right West Hollywood is a very nice, artsy neighborhood (nr San Vincente and Santa Monica) If you are really concerned about the gay population, try to get towards the Sunset Strip or Hollywood and Fairfax.

Last edited by CESpeed; 06-26-2008 at 09:14 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 07-12-2008, 10:23 PM

12 posts, read 41,816 times
Just like you checking out and picking up girls, gay men are going to do the same, especially in a gay-friendly neighborhood like West Hollwyood. Don't worry, we won't rape you. There are tons of good-looking gay men and gym bunnies to go around. And we don't really care for straight men hanging out at the Abbey (which half of the men there are straight (it's a GAY club) and they're there only to pick up the girls whom, coincidentally, are at a gay club to escape the stragiht men for a night). Last time they made a straight night at the Here club, drunk straight men started to fight on our streets. No offense, it actually made the neighborhood unsafe, and I'm glad they got rid of any straight nghts in Weho/Santa Monica Blvd. You guys already have Sunset, let us have Santa Monica. =)

I'm being somewhat sarcastic, but, really, as long as you're not bringing hate with you, you won't be out of place. Stick closer to Sunset near the Laugh Factory and you'll have a great time partying on the Sunset Strip. Don't go to 24 Hour Fitness on Santa Monica (hence not your crowd), but I'd recommend first Crunch Fitness on Fairfax and Sunset and second LA Fitness on Hollywood: They're both new, clean, and have great selections on equipment.

Old 07-14-2008, 12:27 AM

134 posts, read 390,798 times
You said you are Metero,perhaps you are Gay but are having trouble coming out of your inner self.

Old 07-14-2008, 12:22 PM

5,375 posts, read 7,149,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdawgx View Post
You said you are Metero,perhaps you are Gay but are having trouble coming out of your inner self.
I don't see any reason to ridicule the OP. Perhaps you don't understand the term 'metro.'

Reading assignment: Metrosexual - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And to the OP, if you like West Hollywood, why not try living there and see for yourself? It's an interesting area of the city for people watching and I don't see any reason why the gay people would not want you there. And I'm sure you won't be the only non-gay around by any means.

Just don't sign any lease in case you don't like it so that you can relocate if you wish.

Not gay myself, I find gay people to be very friendly, non-critical, and non-judgmental. That's what I like about them, they already understand the lesson of the pot not calling the kettle black. They're interesting too, living lives so different from my own. Oh the stories I've heard!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles