Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 12:04 PM

63 posts, read 188,507 times

Advertisements

I am noticing more trash & the graffiti is getting out of hand. Last Saturday I drove from the Torrance area to LA City College. One area of the freeway had so much trash in the shrubbery, I thought a new type of flower were sprouting.

More stupid, simple minded, classless beasts littering the freeways and nasty taggers with nothing better to do.

We need a low level offender work release program for some of the criminals to work during the day, cleaning up trash, covering the graffiti or a permanent solution like they have in China...Hmmmm

Last edited by MuffinCups; 05-19-2010 at 12:05 PM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2013, 01:47 PM

1,420 posts, read 3,183,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieon101 View Post
I just moved back to SoCal after living on the each coast for 11 years. I work in LA and live in Camarillo, a very long commute with plenty of time on the 101. Every day I see it getting worse and worse. Why are people just dumping trash, pillows, plastic, bottles, cans, etc on the freeway? Doesn't anyone have pride in where they live? Don't even get me started on spray paint.
L.A. fights plague of garbage in central city neighborhoods - latimes.com

Old 10-29-2013, 01:57 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,441,003 times
I live in the valley (north hollywood area) and have a problem of people dumping large amounts of stuff in the alley behind my house. Of course these people are trying to save money on dump fees and just dump it right there. The city really needs to setup cameras and crack down hard on stuff. People keep doing stuff like this because they know they can get away with it. I suggested the idea of the cameras and of course the city employee said 'theres no money for that'. There always seems to be money for other things though. Also I spoke to the city the other day on my tree trimming request. She said they were 'backlogged" I asked when did I submit the request , "May 2012"... She mentioned that they are issuing free permits to get the trees cut at the homeowners cost....How generous!

Old 10-30-2013, 11:16 AM

546 posts, read 817,377 times
Real simple solution is FINE people who litter. No matter who it is: rich, poor, immigrant, citizen, etc. We do the same with parking violations.

Drives me crazy to see people litter. I've seen people in nice BMWs and crappy cars who throw their cigarettes out the window. Drives me insane.

Old 10-30-2013, 12:59 PM

1,319 posts, read 2,195,864 times
I'm having to call the city/county regularly for my area. It's not so much dumping for furniture, but general litter. Thankfully they have been very helpful.

Old 10-30-2013, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectMersh View Post
Real simple solution is FINE people who litter. No matter who it is: rich, poor, immigrant, citizen, etc. We do the same with parking violations.

Drives me crazy to see people litter. I've seen people in nice BMWs and crappy cars who throw their cigarettes out the window. Drives me insane.
True , you never hear about people being fined for littering.

How many people have thrown cigs,etc out the window in front of cops and not been fined.

I think we would of heard about it.

Another big issue is that some areas don't have trash cans for super long stretches. My area is like this and it's not an excuse to litter...but it definitely doesn't help the issue.

Old 10-30-2013, 06:40 PM

2,985 posts, read 4,881,626 times
It's rather sad that a small group of trash-dumping bad apples ruin the appearance of what is a beautiful city. LA would look gorgeous if only all its residents took care of it. Unfortunately, there's a percentage of LA's residents who are trashy and were raised to not clean up after themselves.

Old 10-31-2013, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatsbyGatz View Post
It's rather sad that a small group of trash-dumping bad apples ruin the appearance of what is a beautiful city. LA would look gorgeous if only all its residents took care of it. Unfortunately, there's a percentage of LA's residents who are trashy and were raised to not clean up after themselves.
Yeah that's true. I don't get it myself, the mentality that it's cool to dump or drop stuff wherever. It's a pretty arrogant /entitled attitude too...."someone ELSE will cleanup MY mess"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles