Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 04:59 AM

6 posts, read 21,857 times

Advertisements

Area I need to know about is Santa Monica Blvd and Van Ness Blvd

I have a daughter who has moved out to L.A. and lives (2 streets west of the intersection of). The actual address is the 1100 block of Tamarind Ave. zip code 90038 She moved out there a few months ago with some one but now that person bailed and she is by herself and I am concerned about her. She is young and moved there from Oklahoma. Any insight would help good or bad. I just want to know if we talking gangs,prostitutes, rapes? Would you want you 21 year old daughter alone in this neighborhood? My daughter looks like a Barbie but acts like Elly May on the Beverly Hillbilly's because she is from a smaller town and not use to all this L.A. stuff. Should she move to a different area.Thank you

and what part of L.A. is this address in?

I posted the wrong hundred block in a pst post I wrote ..sorry:

Last edited by a28554631357; 01-23-2007 at 05:34 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2007, 09:15 AM

6 posts, read 21,857 times
Hey guys I really am serious. I need to know how bad of a situation we are looking at with her in this area alone. I hope you don't think this is a joke because it isn't. Thanks for any help guys.

Old 01-23-2007, 09:23 AM

473 posts, read 2,754,747 times
I don't mean to alarm you, but if shes a small town in OK, coming to live near that intersection, with a small town mentality, I would try to get her to move back home.

Old 01-23-2007, 09:35 AM

989 posts, read 5,924,655 times
In the day, -it might be fine. Not exactely where I'd want to live. Santa Monica Blvd. goes downhill once it's near the Hollywood area.

Old 01-23-2007, 11:46 AM

18 posts, read 263,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a28554631357 View Post
Area I need to know about is Santa Monica Blvd and Van Ness Blvd

I have a daughter who has moved out to L.A. and lives (2 streets west of the intersection of). The actual address is the 1100 block of Tamarind Ave. zip code 90038 She moved out there a few months ago with some one but now that person bailed and she is by herself and I am concerned about her. She is young and moved there from Oklahoma. Any insight would help good or bad. I just want to know if we talking gangs,prostitutes, rapes? Would you want you 21 year old daughter alone in this neighborhood? My daughter looks like a Barbie but acts like Elly May on the Beverly Hillbilly's because she is from a smaller town and not use to all this L.A. stuff. Should she move to a different area.Thank you

and what part of L.A. is this address in?

I posted the wrong hundred block in a pst post I wrote ..sorry:
I am a white male born and raised in California, I live in one of the many Conservative predominantly white cities still left which surround Los Angeles, Such as parts of Orange County, La Verne, Alta Loma etc. Many of us used to live in those areas but have since abandoned it because of hispanic demographic changes.

I do not wish to scare you but your daughter is not in the best area, there are alot of predators who take advantage of young women with big dreams.

Search Tamarind Ave. on google images, and this is the first photo.

Last edited by SandyCo; 01-23-2007 at 07:13 PM.. Reason: offensive to Jewish people

Old 01-23-2007, 12:01 PM

1,072 posts, read 845,178 times
If you're young and naive, boy OR girl, livin anywhere on the WestSide I strongly suggest staying west of Lincoln Blvd.

Why did your daughter move out here ?
Maybe we can post suggestions for help getting her out of that area if we know what line of work she is after...

Old 01-23-2007, 12:34 PM

252 posts, read 1,127,540 times
That area is ok by LA standards. The problem is is in Metro LA, an ok area can be one block away from trouble. No matter where you live in Metro LA, trouble can be as far as one block even in the nicest areas such as Hancock Pk.
Your daughter needs to learn quickly, be lucky, or most importantly, have a good circle of persons to hang out with.

Old 01-23-2007, 01:33 PM

1,297 posts, read 5,508,903 times
There are much nicer areas to live around there. She could look for something west of La Brea & north of wilshire.

That particular strip along santa monica blvd has gay prostitution and transexual prostitution. They have been working to clean it up, but it still exists.

There are much nicer areas to live around there. She could look for something west of La Brea & north of wilshire.

If she needs to stay in the area, west hollywood and areas north/west &/or west would be much better. Say off of melrose or beverly blvd. Lots of young people around there.

With regards to housing, its a good idea to look for security entry. Several of the older apartments in west hollywood and hollywood have secure common hallway entries but sometimes unsecure parking areas.

Old 01-23-2007, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by socali View Post
It would be wise for your daughter to quickly move to more affluent white areas with a conservative bastion..

You can't trust anybody in L.A. Move her to the Southbay, OC, Chino Hills, or 1000 Oaks. Try Manhattan Beach. Her biggest trouble there would be the crying babies. That is because the darn houses are so close together!

just one block away 6017 Santa Monica Blvd!(google images)

Old 01-23-2007, 02:23 PM

^^look on the brightside, atleast the sign is in English. ..lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles