Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2007, 03:39 PM

101 posts, read 315,107 times

Advertisements

Like 'mom on the move' said about not wanting to hear anything negative about L.A., I would love to hear from people who at least like living in L.A. Wether it's the beautiful beaches, entertainment, celebs, whatever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2007, 03:47 PM

989 posts, read 5,923,344 times
As I say, Los Angeles is "The Playground of the World." If it can't be found in Los Angeles, it probably doesn't exist. It's a beautiful city, blessed with amazing weather, and gorgeous people. Where else can you buy an acre of paradise in the hills right next to a vibrant multiculture of 10 million people?

Disneyland, San Diego, OC, Santa Barbara, Vegas, SF, Big Bear.. You have access to the all the best.

Aspiring actors, filmmakers, musicians, and bohemians-This is what this city is about.

This is the city of dreams. Come here rich, or have yours ruined.

Old 01-23-2007, 03:52 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,164,635 times
I love LA -- and I don't even have any real estate to sell you!

I grew up in small town America with hardly any cultural things to do (unless you consider high school plays cultural). Since it was in the south and near water -- the biggest things involved swimming, skiing, boating -- but not much else. LA has BIG museums and lots of entertainment and fancy restaurants and tons of places to shop and a huge variety of people from a gazillion different backgrounds! AND I LOVE IT!!

Did that help?

Old 02-03-2007, 07:57 PM

31 posts, read 135,300 times
I have stated this in a number of replies.. LA is not bad at all. And I will continue to say so despite the immense amount of negativity on this site. I would say: count your blessings....

The weather is great, and that is not the only reason. You can read it in the other -more positive replies- there is access to so much.. museums, great restauants, diversity in cultures (I like to believe that we can learn from different cultures in a positive way).

One member said something to the extent: come rich to LA .... Look, money helps, no doubt about that, it makes life easier whether you live in LA or elsewhere in the USA or elsewhere in the world. But... there are still success stories and people who are lucky enough (or maybe work hard and grab/create possibilities ??? who knows...)

Old 02-04-2007, 01:25 PM

33 posts, read 151,363 times
L.A is amazing and the future will be even more amazing
alot of projects are under construction L.A live, Luma, Elleven the restoration of the sbc tower, proposed projects Grand ave, the olypmic towers all this is going on in Downtown. By 2010 L.As downtown will top of the line. Donwtown L.A is changing dramtically retaurnats are opening every month all over downtown. o and that ugly river, "The L.A river" will be restored with parks and a real river. So move to donwtown L.A awsome place and in about 8 more years i will enter the real estate market and make L.A the best city in the world

Old 02-04-2007, 05:20 PM

31 posts, read 135,300 times
LA needs positive energy and positive attitude Good for you !

Old 02-05-2007, 07:03 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,543,963 times
Thumbs up Our weather can't be beat!

It was in the 80s here today when many cities in the midwest and east were down to -10, -20, etc. On days like this, I am very grateful to live in L.A.!

Old 02-05-2007, 10:44 PM

1,287 posts, read 5,023,445 times
LA is fun and exciting. Lots to do, one can never be bored. A very diverse and interesting mix of people from all over the U.S. and the rest of the world. Ecclectic architectural variety and styles. Many interesting neighborhoods and hidden pockets to explore. Beautiful scenery...mountains, hills, ocean, great variety of trees and other foliage. Yes, LA does have smog, but when it's clear and sunny, the place can be breathtakingly beautiful. Oh, and did I mention the fantastic weather. It was nearly 80 degrees today!!!

Old 02-06-2007, 02:13 PM

5,835 posts, read 5,197,657 times
Yeah! Let's hear it for positive feedback for a change. God knows there are so many people that could offer a positive outlook to this forum which it desperately needs! If you have lived here for awhile and feel in a rut, do something out of the ordinary that you have never done, see some live theater, new art galleries (they are free!) Getty, where you only pay for parking, have a picnic at the beach, giggle at the weirdo's at Venice and have a nice lunch at Lulas. What we need in a city of this size is patience and the determination to get the best of out life that you can while you are here, or move.

Last edited by puffle; 02-06-2007 at 02:14 PM.. Reason: error

Old 02-06-2007, 05:26 PM

58 posts, read 408,592 times
Talking I Love L.A.

Okay, I don't exactly live in Los Angeles, but I was born there. After that I grew up awhile in Burbank, and then we moved to Orange County. As an adult I've lived in the Inland Empire as that's where we could buy a home on one income when our kids were growing up. We plan on moving back to L.A. County in a few years when our youngest is done with college.

I love the variety here, including the diversity of people. I learned a second language in college, and I've been able to use it daily in my profession. I've loved learning about the cultures of other people, and it's fascinating to see how many things are universal. It's all here...the beach, desert, and mountains are all within reach. And on top of that, the tourist places and all the great museums and houses to see.

I love the weather here. I'm already smelling the spring, and I can't wait to see all our roses and flowers bloom again.

Southern California gets a bad rap, and it's good to see some positive things said about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles