Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2015, 03:08 PM

89 posts, read 267,952 times

Advertisements

About 20 years ago I was living in Palms and got a parking ticket in error for a street cleaning violation. It was a Tuesday, and the sign said no parking on Wednesday. I contested it and got a response that someone went out and verified that there was a sign there (I never said there was no sign; I said I did not violate the sign). So, I had to take pictures showing where my car was, where the sign was, and what the sign said. I sent those in with a detailed letter explaining that I was legally parked, and I won the case.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2017, 08:36 AM

1 posts, read 1,282 times
On April 6th 2017 I received a ticket for parking in the red zone while I was in the car, waiting for the next car to leave so I can park there. I know the traffic officer see what I was doing and he never got off the car he waited for me to park and it should be a ticket but and the ticket that was mailed out to me has no VIN number also the model and color of my car it's wrong do I have a case to fight this ticket for Red Zone citation

Old 04-13-2017, 08:45 AM

1,607 posts, read 1,943,502 times
Unfortunately, I seriously doubt it. Not having a VIN on the citation is irrelevant, as is the model and color of the vehicle. You've admitted to the violation, the citation was posted via USPS, and you received it. You can always try and contest the parking violation, but your odds of having the citation dismissed is extremely remote.

Old 04-14-2017, 07:05 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,114,067 times
^^^^ all true.

Also, what section of the code was cited. Maybe you received your violation for stopping in a no stopping zone, not a parking violation. Impossible to tell with the info you provided. Depends on how the parking signs at that location are posted.

I'm surprised the officer didn't tap on your window and tell you to scoot or you will be cited.

This is assuming your engine was running. If so you are not parked. If you turn off the engine you parked. If the car's driver seat is empty you are parked.

You may be able to fight it if you feel you are still in the right after reading my post and the preceding. However it is a cost vs benefit situation, compare the cost of paying the violation vs the worth of your time. Note that if you fight it and the officer does not show up in court it is typically dismissed, and it is not unusual for officers to neglect to appear in traffic/parking cases except DUI (serious cases). You may win by showing up in court and asking to cross examine the issuing officer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles