Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 11:54 AM

37 posts, read 338,943 times

Advertisements

I used to live in Norwalk a while back and it was pretty safe. But there was an unincorporated city near Norwalk called Carmenita that had a little gang problem.

Can someone tell me more about Norwalk. What are the best parts of that city to live in now in 2007. How is its colleges and is the police good?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2007, 12:01 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,589,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducktales View Post
I used to live in Norwalk a while back and it was pretty safe. But there was an unincorporated city near Norwalk called Carmenita that had a little gang problem.

Can someone tell me more about Norwalk. What are the best parts of that city to live in now in 2007. How is its colleges and is the police good?
What are the best parts of Norwalk? NONE. That whole part of LA county is really screwed up.

You asked about Glendale on another thread - Glendale has its good and bad neighborhoods, but even its bad neighborhoods are mild compared to the suburbs of Southeast LA County.

Old 01-26-2007, 03:00 PM

1,703 posts, read 6,465,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
What are the best parts of Norwalk? NONE. That whole part of LA county is really screwed up.

mild compared to the suburbs of Southeast LA County.
The first statement is not true, the second is quite true, thus revealing Norwalk has become rough over the years!

Old 01-26-2007, 05:43 PM

37 posts, read 338,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
The first statement is not true, the second is quite true, thus revealing Norwalk has become rough over the years!
Oh my God. I cant believe this. Norwalk used to be good and now this. Is there a big gang problem there and is it because its near Whittier and La Mirada? I have heard bad things about those two cities.

More info please?

Old 01-31-2007, 09:19 PM

22 posts, read 309,116 times
norwalk has nothing, but a movie theater. yeah i wouldnt move back if i were you

Old 02-01-2007, 09:21 PM

17 posts, read 76,300 times
Bad things about La Mirada? Are you serious? The crime rate is low...the community is awesome. The majority of people are friendly. I'd say 80% of the residents grew up here, loved it so much they stayed. La Mirada does not even compare to Norwalk!

Old 02-01-2007, 11:51 PM

76 posts, read 283,064 times
Default sad

reading these posts almost breaks my heart. i lived in norwalk from age 11 to 26 ( almost 10 years ago oops revealing my age lol) anyway when i was growing up it had its bad parts like "the square" and others but it still seemed like a decent place to live when my husband and i left in '98 i was miserable and missed it terribly. but going back to visit my parents i saw the decline of the city that i loved. I havent been back to Norwalk since my parents retired and moved up north in '02. i knew it was bad but i didnt know it was this bad. all my child hood memories are whats left of the great little city that used to be. as for the movie theatre even back in the day i remember that is was a gang hang out especially at night. it is coming more and more spread. it is sad what cali is coming to.

Old 02-02-2007, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clp63 View Post
Bad things about La Mirada? Are you serious? The crime rate is low...the community is awesome. The majority of people are friendly. I'd say 80% of the residents grew up here, loved it so much they stayed. La Mirada does not even compare to Norwalk!
Could not agree more!

Old 02-02-2007, 10:39 AM

76 posts, read 283,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clp63

dusesean1986 wrote
Could not agree more!

>>>From what i remember I also agree. La Mirada always seemed like it had a small town feel to it. I cant go by what it is like today cuz i havent been around in quite awhile but i dont think the gang problem in norwalk is caused by La Mirada if anything it is vice versa

Old 02-02-2007, 11:56 AM

I've driven through La Mirada on many occasions, the city consists of proffesionals, has an enormous golf course, a bible college, and is absolutely beautiful in the residential area. You will find more skinheads than actual gangs. Norwalk isn't horrendous, it has just gone downhill quite a bit with more poor illegal immigrants and the whole gang effect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles