U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-04-2008, 11:39 PM
 
30 posts, read 79,985 times
Reputation: 14

Advertisements

House for $200k in Madison suburb:

3 BR, 2 baths, over 2000 sq feet, only 8 years old:




MLS#:
1530809
List Price:
$204,900
Type:
Single Family
Style:
1 Story Ranch
Address:
145 Albert Cir
Municipality:
Village of Belleville
County:
Dane
Subdivision:
North Shore North
High School:
Belleville
Middle:
Belleville
Elementary:
Belleville
Bedrooms:
3
Bathrooms:
Full
3/4
1/2
1/4
2
0
0
0
Est. Square Footage:
2025
Garage:
2 Car, Attached
Lot:
Under 1/2 acre, Standard, Cul-de-sac
Age:
8
Formal Dining Room:
No
Family Room:
Lower Level
Additional Rooms:


Immaculate 8 yr new ranch home. Awesome location in a great neighborhood and on a quiet cul-de-sac. Well designed contemporary floor plan with brand new gleaming hardwood floors. In the lower level you will find a huge family room w/gas fireplace and brand new carpeting. Awesome yard that is partially fenced for your children or can be used as a dog kennel. Move in now and enjoy this fantastic home. Home warranty included.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-04-2008, 11:42 PM
 
30 posts, read 79,985 times
Reputation: 14
how much would the first house cost in any decent area in LA county? i would guess easily 2 million or more. right?

idk, i guess a person has to decide for themselves how much it really is worth to live in LA, and what they want their quality of life to be like. i just cannot fathom paying even close to $200k for some of those houses that were posted in this topic!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2008, 08:01 AM
 
Location: South Pasadena
686 posts, read 2,208,535 times
Reputation: 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by salsa311 View Post
how much would the first house cost in any decent area in LA county? i would guess easily 2 million or more. right?

idk, i guess a person has to decide for themselves how much it really is worth to live in LA, and what they want their quality of life to be like. i just cannot fathom paying even close to $200k for some of those houses that were posted in this topic!!
Those houses are in Madison freakin Wisconsin. Hello apple, this is orange, let's compare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2008, 10:31 AM
 
30 posts, read 79,985 times
Reputation: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetscenes View Post
Those houses are in Madison freakin Wisconsin. Hello apple, this is orange, let's compare.
i know that. i'm just saying, is LA really THAT great that you'll pay $200k for a ghetto shack? it just seems absurd. i guess i'll find out if its worth it when i get there!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2008, 10:36 AM
 
1,712 posts, read 5,347,647 times
Reputation: 681
Quote:
i'm just saying, is LA really THAT great that you'll pay $200k for a ghetto shack? it just seems absurd.
Yes. It is. It's really that great and it's really absurd.

But tastes will vary - if everyone preferred LA to (wherever), there wouldn't be room for them all here.

It happens that I moved here from Kentucky, where housing costs are some of the lowest in the nation. Yes, we feel the sticker shock. But we love it here and there is opportunity which did not exist in our previous location. It's a lifestyle choice to be made with eyes wide open.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2008, 08:23 PM
 
Location: Queens
838 posts, read 906,311 times
Reputation: 92
What in the world would make someone think they could EVER buy a decent house in L.A. for 200K? I mean..really? Do you enjoy bullets whizzing by your head in the morning when you walk out to the driveway to pick up your newspaper...do you appreciate the beautiful women with their daisy dukes and stilettos getting handcuffed on the corner at 9am in the morning...is the taco shop your idea of fine dining?.......if so ...then maybe you have a chance to buy a home there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2008, 11:31 PM
 
30 posts, read 79,985 times
Reputation: 14
haha.

i think people coming from different areas don't realize right away just how expensive it is. all this time i've been researching i knew the rents were high, but never looked into house prices (cuz i definitely won't be buying). i now know that a 200k house here = like 500k+ there. =D
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-07-2008, 12:19 PM
 
Location: Whittier, California
330 posts, read 1,171,915 times
Reputation: 134
Default Houses

Quote:
Originally Posted by page3000 View Post
What in the world would make someone think they could EVER buy a decent house in L.A. for 200K? I mean..really? Do you enjoy bullets whizzing by your head in the morning when you walk out to the driveway to pick up your newspaper...do you appreciate the beautiful women with their daisy dukes and stilettos getting handcuffed on the corner at 9am in the morning...is the taco shop your idea of fine dining?.......if so ...then maybe you have a chance to buy a home there.
After WWII, veterans were purchasing modest 3 bedroom single family residences in Huntington Park, South Gate and Lynwood, CA. Those were friendly and safe places to live and raise a family. 60 years later, it is not so. The houses they are not cheap because of its proximity to the beach and LA. Anywhere from $400,000 to $950,000. Depending on the house and particular location. You can live in Oklahoma or West Virginia in houses that are much less expensive and newer in a good part of town.

Last edited by Texasturkey; 09-07-2008 at 12:38 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2008, 12:00 AM
 
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
7,731 posts, read 11,960,174 times
Reputation: 5939
Single Family Home - 1656 W 55th St, Los Angeles, CA, 90062 - Realtor.com (http://www.realtor.com/search/listingdetail.aspx?ctid=1557&ml=3&typ=1&sid=ae9385 ce5b9c470bbc58e3997cbf248c&lid=1102209518&lsn=2&sr cnt=5981#Detail - broken link)

Single Family Home - 1672 East 76th Street, Los Angeles, CA, 90001 - Realtor.com (http://www.realtor.com/search/listingdetail.aspx?ctid=1557&ml=3&typ=1&sid=ae9385 ce5b9c470bbc58e3997cbf248c&lid=1102716856&lsn=1&sr cnt=5981#Detail - broken link)

Single Family Home - 250 W Gage Ave, Los Angeles, CA, 90003 - Realtor.com (http://www.realtor.com/search/listingdetail.aspx?ctid=1557&ml=3&typ=1&sid=ae9385 ce5b9c470bbc58e3997cbf248c&lid=1100855443&lsn=3&sr cnt=5981#Detail - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2008, 12:43 AM
 
11,715 posts, read 35,063,837 times
Reputation: 7466
Quote:
Originally Posted by cottonwood2420 View Post
Single Family Home - 1656 W 55th St, Los Angeles, CA, 90062 - Realtor.com (http://www.realtor.com/search/listingdetail.aspx?ctid=1557&ml=3&typ=1&sid=ae9385 ce5b9c470bbc58e3997cbf248c&lid=1102209518&lsn=2&sr cnt=5981#Detail - broken link)

Single Family Home - 1672 East 76th Street, Los Angeles, CA, 90001 - Realtor.com (http://www.realtor.com/search/listingdetail.aspx?ctid=1557&ml=3&typ=1&sid=ae9385 ce5b9c470bbc58e3997cbf248c&lid=1102716856&lsn=1&sr cnt=5981#Detail - broken link)

Single Family Home - 250 W Gage Ave, Los Angeles, CA, 90003 - Realtor.com (http://www.realtor.com/search/listingdetail.aspx?ctid=1557&ml=3&typ=1&sid=ae9385 ce5b9c470bbc58e3997cbf248c&lid=1100855443&lsn=3&sr cnt=5981#Detail - broken link)
Do they throw in bullet dodging lessons with the purchase?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top