U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-15-2008, 06:57 AM

208 posts, read 713,460 times

Advertisements

your salaries seem totally adequate, although you wont find a home anywhere for that price. you may find a 1 bedroom condo for 300k in the Redondo Beach area but definitely not a house. renting for a while seems like a good idea to me... also, fyi check out south bay chat if you wan to get some local info on the south bay
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2008, 06:58 AM

5,612 posts, read 9,678,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imotivation View Post
Interesting comments to come across while pondering relocating to LA w/combined salary of a lot less than $185k...more like $115k, with a 12yro kid.

Bet you're wondering who would consider such a move? A MICHIGANDER!!! Who's job could be in jeopardy. MI unemply rate is highest in the nation @8.75%, the job market sucks, it's what they call "an employers market" out here...job cuts, salary cuts and caps. I'm only 32...I'm looking to advance after recently acquiring a BA, not regress. I fear becoming stagnant in michigans depressing economy.
Is this doable on $115k income for 3? with an apartment near a good school district for approx. $1700-$2k/mo? Will hubby need to get a part-time job?
Also, considering there is strong possibility for advancement w/current emply...

Give it to me straight up...no sugar coating!
Your current income would not be an issue, but could you make that here? If so, you'll be just fine as long as your job skills stay in demand. Your budget will allow you to live in Culver City area but you would need around $2500 on the Westside.
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles