Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 05:42 PM

55 posts, read 79,749 times

Advertisements

what is wrong with you people why do all of you on this L.A. fourm talk so bad about L.A. realy dont any of you have pride in your own city God this is the most depressing fourm ever, detroit has more pride then you people, i mean were not a Alpha city and the 2 nd biggest city in america for nothing, and scaring away that england girl ema terrible she could have had added diversity to the city, just terrible.

Old 07-17-2008, 05:44 PM

1,203 posts, read 4,418,905 times
I just got here, and I'm never leaving.

Old 07-17-2008, 05:53 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,449,173 times
Maybe the fact that there's more negativity toward their town by LA residents than Detroit residents should tell you something,

Old 07-17-2008, 05:57 PM

1,875 posts, read 2,869,583 times
Yeah, why can't people stop dissing Los Angeles!? They're dissing my city! I'm a Los Angeles fan. LA is great!

Old 07-17-2008, 06:08 PM

2 posts, read 6,857 times
everyone loves to hate LA for all it's problems : sprawl, freeways, chains stores, low-density, crime, smog, heat, etc but not notice its strengths: diversity, art, entertainment, beaches and snowy mountains within mere hours of each other, unique neighborhoods (venice, hollywood, mid-wilshire, los feliz, silverlake, etc), numerous contributions to the world, etc

Old 07-17-2008, 06:25 PM

2,318 posts, read 7,845,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TYGA View Post
what is wrong with you people why do all of you on this L.A. fourm talk so bad about L.A. realy dont any of you have pride in your own city God this is the most depressing fourm ever, detroit has more pride then you people, i mean were not a Alpha city and the 2 nd biggest city in america for nothing, and scaring away that england girl ema terrible she could have had added diversity to the city, just terrible.
I'm sure you have good intentions... but to be honest with you, threads like this one only invite the bashing. The less threads we have like this, the better off I believe we'll be. Don't worry about what the others think, as long as you're happy here. Any one who is scared off from moving here based on comments from this forum, and doesn't even visit the place, I have little pity for.

Old 07-17-2008, 06:38 PM

3,306 posts, read 4,155,071 times
Quote:
Maybe the fact that there's more negativity toward their town by LA residents than Detroit residents should tell you something,
Detroit and cities like it has this sort of "hometown pride" that LA residents simply don't have. One reason for that is so many of them weren't even born in LA, where as residents of cities like Detroit have been there for generations. Anyhow, its a culturally thing.

Anyhow, most of the bashing against LA is pretty stupid. The city isn't perfect and there are a number of things to rightfully complain about, but oddly people rarely bash it for these things just petty matters.

Old 07-17-2008, 06:44 PM

1,999 posts, read 4,874,797 times
To be honest,every person i've met in L.A love living there,but the one's that hate it are mostly found in this forum...I guess this is where they all vent their anger and frustration out

In my opinion the Positives outweigh the Negatives in L.A.,and if others don't like L.A well don't visit the place,or if you still live there,then move out.

L.A is a Great Place and I always have a Wonderful time there,so I honestly don't care if others hate it

I Love L.A

Old 07-17-2008, 07:14 PM

52 posts, read 206,592 times
Everyone needs to chill....really, the vast majority of people who 1) live in LA, or 2) intend to move to LA, or 3) intend to leave LA (or any other city for that matter) have never and probably will never hear of this forum.

The OP's disappointment is valid only if the negativity towards LA on this forum is representative of the feelings of LA residents in general. Whether it is is anybody's guess, but I tend to think that it is not. And even if it is true that the majority of Angelenos hate LA, this board certainly had nothing to do with it.

Also let's not forget that people self select.

Old 07-17-2008, 07:16 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,449,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliguy2007 View Post
L.A is a Great Place and I always have a Wonderful time there,so I honestly don't care if others hate it

I Love L.A
So you don't live in LA? Where do you live?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles