U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 05:08 PM

1,044 posts, read 3,349,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMark View Post
That was just my experience living on the east side of West Hollywood years ago. I'm still open-minded, however. I didn't mean to say that I felt that way about all Russians.
I appreciate the correction of your statements.

I'm not going to claim that all Russian immigrants I've dealt with are nice, as I've met a few bad ones myself. I just knew that the attitude of those bad individuals was because of their personalities, and not due to where they came from. My own personal proof is that many other people I've met who came from Russia and immigrated to the U.S. have been much more courteous, intelligent and respectful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2008, 05:09 PM

956 posts, read 2,646,563 times
What is With all the Seemingly Random capitalizations in the Syntax?

Old 08-24-2008, 09:32 AM

305 posts, read 1,518,721 times
We replied to a Craigslist ad and got a very similarly worded response; it was a mostly furnished house for not very much rent. They also wanted us to send pictures of ourselves as part of the application, they placed a high priority on us being "God-fearing tenants" and they wanted to be able to drop in whenever they felt like it to make sure their computer was okay. We decided it sounded sketchy so didn't go any further than that. Also, the lack of spaces and poor syntax in the email threw me off...

Old 10-23-2008, 04:05 PM

1 posts, read 6,658 times
Default Same on Craigslist Vancouver, BC, Canada

Thanks for your email and it is glad to Read from you.I am Rev Emmanuel James,the owner of the 1 bedroom apartment you are making inquiry of at 1105-480 Robson Street, Vancouver, British Columbia, V6B 1S1.Actually I resided in the apartment with my Wife before and presently we had Moved out due to my transfer from my working place and now situated in the West Africa and presently my apartment is still available for rent for $800 per month including the utilities like Hydro included,Hardwood Floor,Air Conditioning,Utilities included,Dishwasher,Fridge,Stove,Assigned/Secured parking,microwave,Washer,Dryer,Cable/Satellite, Internet connectivity Elevator,Storage locker,Fireplace,security is fully furnished,More so Now, i went for a Job transfer and i will like you to get in touch with my wife in London,England for more discussion and Pictures as She is with the keys and the document to the apartment.Please i want you to note that I am a kind and honest man and also I spent a lot on my property that i want to give to you for rent,so i will solicit for your absolute maintainance of this apartment and want you to treat it as your own,is that taken?it is not the money that is the main problem but i want you to keep it tidy all the time so that i will be glad to see it neat when i come for check up which i do once in a while and give 1month notice before i come for check up.I also want you to let me have trust in you as i always stand on my word. Pets Allowed

Special Notice : Pls note that there's none of us to show you the apartment,as we would have to send you the keys through DHL COURIER SERVICE ON A NEXT DELIVERY TO YOUR HOME and move in asap.A refundable deposit is required.if you are ok with this pls Email my wife Sophia James at ( [email]so4james@gmail.com[/email] ) and she will attend to you better.You can call me on 011-234-803-609-3431 or +2348036093431 for more details

Thanks and God Bless You
Regards
Rev Emmanuel James

Old 10-23-2008, 09:11 PM
Ohs

236 posts, read 627,678 times
Yeah they are all over Craig's list for ones in San Jose CA too. I only call back if there is a real phone number to call and always research the apartment before I even look into it. Good job checking it out. Yeah they sounded second language for sure. Probably African since that’s where they said they were from since you would have to mail the money there. The scam artist I saw said he was in England, hmm they are everywhere.

Old 10-24-2008, 07:06 AM

120 posts, read 301,001 times
i think it would be fun to just **** with them and waste their time by calling and saying your sending the money..

Old 02-11-2009, 02:40 PM

448 posts, read 1,339,481 times
I think the email address is a dead giveaway: aptrental1313@gmail.com

Who would have an email address dedicated solely to "apartment rental," especially if it's just the one. very bizarre.

Old 02-11-2009, 04:07 PM

90 posts, read 255,608 times
The "God bless you" signed by the Reverend is a nice touch, LOL.

Old 02-11-2009, 04:12 PM

50 posts, read 164,062 times
The warning sign is dead obvious. Why would any ordinary person hand over the keys blinded.

Old 02-11-2009, 07:34 PM

269 posts, read 678,096 times
What if you're passing up a killer opportunity
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles