U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 03:38 PM

736 posts, read 1,988,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry For Cheese View Post
glass is half empty...more mexicans...more gangs, graffiti...it's been moving westward for some years now. It will overpower all of van nuys to reseda and just bring its trash with it. Reseda BLVD will look like Sepulveda BLVD and I will be in another state...have fun with that.

The degree of ignorance and racism in this thread is very diappointing! I guess I naively thought we were getting past this type of attitude. I am a white guy who wishes for more tolerance than is displayed in this forum. Perhaps I'll post a thread about Irish terrorists.......and how they ruined the USA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2009, 08:19 PM

636 posts, read 2,394,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Island_OnThe_Land View Post
The degree of ignorance and racism in this thread is very diappointing! I guess I naively thought we were getting past this type of attitude. I am a white guy who wishes for more tolerance than is displayed in this forum. Perhaps I'll post a thread about Irish terrorists.......and how they ruined the USA.
To many in this forum - non-whites = bad neighborhood.

Old 04-25-2009, 08:21 PM

636 posts, read 2,394,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeptic in Los Angeles View Post
I grew up in Chatsworth during the pristine times eventually settled in Tarzana. Just by chance, I lost my house and ended up moving to Agoura Hills. I come to the valley now with complete disgust. Drive up Tampa Ave. from the freeway and see what walks back and forth from Vanowen and Tampa to Ventura Blvd. There is no hope, damage is done.
'what walks back and forth'???

Old 04-25-2009, 10:14 PM

4,082 posts, read 8,523,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Island_OnThe_Land View Post
I agree. Its very unfortunate people think this way. I am a white guy also who grew up in a mix latino/asian neighborhood in SG Valley and now live in Van Nuys. Many people of mixed ethnic backgrounds are more solidly american citizens than the white people who cut and run when a few minorities move into their neighborhood. This includes all the third generation people of Japanese descent who I lived along side growing up and my close friend who is latino and has served his country in the military for near 20 years, including combat in the first desert storm.

I was always brought up that you judge people by the content of their character, not the color of their skin.

Old 04-25-2009, 10:49 PM

20 posts, read 59,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG72 View Post
I agree. Its very unfortunate people think this way. I am a white guy also who grew up in a mix latino/asian neighborhood in SG Valley and now live in Van Nuys. Many people of mixed ethnic backgrounds are more solidly american citizens than the white people who cut and run when a few minorities move into their neighborhood. This includes all the third generation people of Japanese descent who I lived along side growing up and my close friend who is latino and has served his country in the military for near 20 years, including combat in the first desert storm.

I was always brought up that you judge people by the content of their character, not the color of their skin.
Thank you for pointing that out. Perhaps the neighborhoods in question would be better off without such narrow-minded individuals.

Old 04-26-2009, 05:18 AM

2,320 posts, read 6,003,045 times
Seems many of you are looking at the Los Angeles area the way you would like it to be, not the way it is.

Old 04-26-2009, 05:36 AM

570 posts, read 1,383,179 times
If you know what it looked like 10 years ago, And you know what it looks like today, 10 years from now? It will be Mexico If something is not done too save America.

Old 04-27-2009, 10:40 AM

2,320 posts, read 6,003,045 times
It would be interesting to of had a forum like this back in 1960 and ask bloggers what they thought Los Angeles County would look like in the year 2009; they would be shocked at what has happened wouldn't they? In another 10 years we will be shocked again.

Old 04-27-2009, 12:13 PM

1,200 posts, read 4,435,815 times
As a foreigner in this country I have tried to assimilate as fast as I could and as much as I have been able to. I have received a warm welcome in most communities I have moved in, and I have moved a lot.
I think what most people don't like (including myself), is the ones that don't bother to notice they are in a different country. The sad part is that for most of these folks, after 10 years of staying in US, they would not even fit in their own country, mostly because their own country changes over time too and they have tried very hard not to.

Old 04-27-2009, 11:26 PM

241 posts, read 809,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00molavi View Post
I think what most people don't like (including myself), is the ones that don't bother to notice they are in a different country.
Right. Guess don't care about them they really got nothing much else or not part of anything or place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles