U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 12:29 AM

636 posts, read 2,394,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosevelt View Post
It would be interesting to of had a forum like this back in 1960 and ask bloggers what they thought Los Angeles County would look like in the year 2009; they would be shocked at what has happened wouldn't they? In another 10 years we will be shocked again.
Shocked in a good way, I hope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2009, 02:07 AM

276 posts, read 906,571 times
Default Valley/10 years?

T i j u a n a

Old 04-30-2009, 07:45 AM

3,982 posts, read 7,546,958 times
Very different from what it is now.

I moved from the Valley to Houston to escape the problems. Houston, unfortunately, has its share of illegal trespassers. But overall, I am glad I moved away from the Valley.

Old 04-30-2009, 01:48 PM

3,891 posts, read 6,112,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Very different from what it is now.

I moved from the Valley to Houston to escape the problems. Houston, unfortunately, has its share of illegal trespassers. But overall, I am glad I moved away from the Valley.
Its a shame so many good and decent people have left the valley these past 15 to 20 years.

Old 05-02-2009, 08:26 AM

570 posts, read 1,383,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
Its a shame so many good and decent people have left the valley these past 15 to 20 years.
When all the good and decent hard working tax paying people are gone what will be left??

Old 05-03-2009, 03:03 AM

17,449 posts, read 23,538,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adysmom View Post
When all the good and decent hard working tax paying people are gone what will be left??
Studio City and Toluca Lake will still be good areas. North Hollywood could improve once the economy improves. (When the expansion of gentrification resumes, its the most likely Valley area to be gentrified.) Valley Village will almost certainly get better once the economy improves as it's still generally a good area (although the posters here indicate some streets have problems even if the area as a whole is good ; would that make Valley Village the Mar Vista of the Valley?) Sherman Oaks could remain a good area (although according to SandyCo there are certain buildings with problems)

As for the rest? There's little hope. Now, if the Red Line had ended at Van Nuys Boulevard rather than Lankershim Boulevard, Van Nuys would be in FAR better shape. As it is, it's only going to get worse. I see the West Valley, even including Woodland Hills, getting more ghetto as time goes on due to its public transportation problems.

Old 05-03-2009, 12:02 PM

64 posts, read 162,546 times
SFV is a pretty large area, not all of it going to go in the same direction. The parts of North Hollywood that is close to the metro link station is currently undergoing gentrification. In ten years it will look a lot like Glendale. The light industrial businesses, low income housing that used to be there just get pushed farther out, towards San Fernando. Generally the areas closer to the mountain range dividing The Valley from the non-valley will be doing better.

Old 09-29-2009, 09:13 AM

14 posts, read 35,770 times
Sorry to dig up an old thread but it seems like most posters are seeing Tarzana, Encino, S.O. much like Reseda, Panorama or Van Nuys in 10 years?! Is it even worth buying there then? Can't afford the westside where I'm currently renting or hide in the Encino Hills for when 2019 comes :P
-was thinking about buying in Encino, but i'm kinda concerned about how most of you guys see these decent areas in 10 years!

Old 09-29-2009, 11:31 AM

585 posts, read 656,078 times
Anything south of Ventura Blvd in the Tarzana, Encino or Stdio City will only improve over the next 10 years. There is no way that 1/2 acre and larger parcels of land in the foothills are in the affordable range of folks who could make it look like Reseda, Panorama City or Van Nuys.

Old 09-29-2009, 12:35 PM

14 posts, read 35,770 times
Right, but are those other areas, for example in Encino between Ventura and the 101 Freeway, really going to become like those other bad cities? This scenario would mean that if you can't afford the hills / foothills, you are better off buying in Pacoima for less than half what north of ventura in Encino is worth then!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles