U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What should be the new law?
Women should be able to walk around without shirts. 22 44.90%
Men should have to wear shirts. 6 12.24%
Keep it the same. 12 24.49%
Doesn't matter one way or the other. 9 18.37%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 02:13 PM

114 posts, read 405,707 times

Advertisements

They did it at Venice Beach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2008, 03:38 PM

795 posts, read 2,037,024 times
Talking Yo go girls - all others need not apply

Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
...what woman in her right mind wants to walk around bare breasted? As if getting ogled with clothes on isn't bad enough, now some freaky women have decided that because men can walk around without their shirts, women should be able to do the same thing. Huh? If we are talking equality, I'd rather men not be able to walk around without their shirts. What do you think?
Yo ho ho does your Mammaries hang low
do they wobble to and fro
can you tie em in a knot
can you tie em in a bow
can you throw em over the shoulder
like a Continental soldier
do your Mammaries hang lowwwwwwww.

That's it in a 'nut' shell folks, who would want to see Mammaries dangling down around below a navel.

Last edited by ArkansasTraveler; 08-24-2008 at 03:42 PM.. Reason: T-i-t- word be taboo

Old 08-24-2008, 03:53 PM

136 posts, read 489,497 times
I don't see why a woman would want to go topless in public, and I would really prefer men keep their shirts on too.

Old 08-25-2008, 01:04 PM

257 posts, read 1,277,864 times
I live in an area that allows it on the beaches and it's only the tough "girls" who do it.

Old 08-25-2008, 01:24 PM

3,007 posts, read 4,871,695 times
I think very few women want this to happen.

I find it funny the amount of energy that goes into a small group of people.

On a philosophical note, I do think it is strange that the amount of violence children take in from the local news, movies, video games, yet as adults are so afraid of nudity.

I wouldn't want kids exposed to violence or nudity, but adults should have that right (in general).

In the practical world clothes serve a purpose. Most men do not walk around shirtless. Most men do not go to the office shirtless. In any event the number of women walking around shirtless would be very small. However if it were to take place I'm sure there'd be a lot of initial interest but it would then dwindle. Like "bra burning".

Breasts have become taboo to show in our culture. They have been sexualized, and taken away from what they are "nurturing."

The only argument I can see for going shirtless would be to "reclaim" the whole nuturing aspect and of course the further liberation of women. I don't agree that this is the right time in our culture to do that, nor do I think it ever will be.

I think we need to be more lax about nudity and desexualize it a bit, but I think that will come with time.

Old 08-25-2008, 01:55 PM

13,050 posts, read 21,163,651 times
The sad fact is the ones who want to bare it all are the last ones you want to see without clothes. Ever been to a naturist beach? Thanks, but no thanks. I don't care who goes bare - but if it's mostly old wrinkled saggy people, then I will make a point of avoiding the areas where they congregate.

Live and let live - but not in my face - thanks!

Old 08-25-2008, 08:32 PM

1,749 posts, read 7,546,058 times
I don't see the big deal. For some reason our country equates breasts with sex. In some other parts of the world, nobody would give 'em a second look. This is a non-issue for me.

Old 11-01-2008, 04:41 PM

62 posts, read 179,770 times
You are exactly right. Here in America we make a big deal about breasts. I spent some time in Germany visiting the spas over there. Most were men/women in the ame sauna and no clothes were allowed. There were people of all ages talking, visiting and it was no big deal. Here for all of our rhetoric about being progressive we are quiet the opposite when it comes to nudity/bare breasts, etc. And it is really not about whether someone has the "body" for it or not. I don't look at other people's face and say they don't have the "face" for being able to walk around with it showing. Do we make "non pretty" faces cover up with a mask now? Aging is normal and natural.
When we get over the childish attitude about breasts being "sexual" maybe we can get over being uptight about seeing a bare breast. No one is forcing someone else to go around that way. If a person wants to wear a fur coat in the summer time, it is their right. I think we would have a healthier society if we would learn to separate sex from nudity. It is NOT the same thing.

Old 11-01-2008, 05:15 PM

269 posts, read 678,201 times
Not a biggie to me if women want to do what men can. It seems like this is the only country that stood still during that half-time...

Old 11-02-2008, 08:03 PM

5,903 posts, read 6,354,513 times
Not on dudes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk Bonner View Post
Breasts are good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles