U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 09:36 AM

1,712 posts, read 5,345,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
I think the best months here are January and February when it rains and the smog is cleaned away and the views are amazing.
I agree - and you should try coming to LA during February from one of the states with endless grey winters (by February you are 4 months into the endless grey darkness). The colors of the trees, flowers, ground foliage, etc., hit your eyes like food to a starving person. It's glorious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2008, 12:36 PM

7,091 posts, read 18,444,477 times
For me, I don't care what month it is, as long as its warm at the beach then I'm happy.

Old 08-25-2008, 01:03 PM

2,751 posts, read 4,713,756 times
I think we have the same good weather/bad weather ratio here in Southern Ca as they do in most places, about two to one good over bad. Difference in L.A. for my taste is we get 'em all at once. June, July, August and September are bad (unless you're at the beach), the other eight months of the year are good. Back east, July and August are bad, and so are January and February.

Old 08-25-2008, 06:38 PM

5,031 posts, read 11,064,791 times
I especially like October because it gets cooler at night & you know rain is not far off. Unfortunately, santa ana winds generally start up w/ the low humidity & fires inevitably break out But November is really the first month of autumn when days stay below 80F & nights get chilly [though recall many toasty Thanksgiving Days] and it begins to rain.

Old 08-25-2008, 06:52 PM

236 posts, read 704,473 times
Fall is the best time of year. Pumpkins and football. What more could you ask for?

Old 08-25-2008, 06:57 PM

305 posts, read 1,520,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
I especially like October because it gets cooler at night & you know rain is not far off. Unfortunately, santa ana winds generally start up w/ the low humidity & fires inevitably break out But November is really the first month of autumn when days stay below 80F & nights get chilly [though recall many toasty Thanksgiving Days] and it begins to rain.
How much rain is there?? We're moving down next week, and while I'm excited in general, I'm bummed at the prospect of the stereotypical 365 days of sunshine. I like my overcast and rainy days...

Old 08-25-2008, 07:52 PM

5,031 posts, read 11,064,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleBebe View Post
How much rain is there?? We're moving down next week, and while I'm excited in general, I'm bummed at the prospect of the stereotypical 365 days of sunshine. I like my overcast and rainy days...
Well, not knowing where you are coming from, it is probably drier down here but sometimes we can get into a pattern of storms with phenomenal amounts of rainfall. Most winters involve a period of sunshine with a rain storm every 2 weeks or so [it is really nice because the days are sunny\ air is clean & temps perfect for outdoor activities - 65-75]. Some winters are nearly bone dry but when it rains the hills turn green & lush & snow in the mountains at resort levels.

Old 08-25-2008, 08:01 PM

2,751 posts, read 4,713,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleBebe View Post
Yeah, it never rains until it does, and then it won't stop. Like a prophesy!

Old 08-25-2008, 09:24 PM

1,749 posts, read 7,551,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
Still way too hot just about everywhere in SoCal and often muggy too. Then it leads into Santa Ana winds / fire season. Ugh.
Yeah, I've noticed in the OC that in the huge flat part, the air just kinda sits there. Fortunately it's not like that here. I mostly avoid the OC but I do love Laguna Beach.

Old 08-25-2008, 11:51 PM

488 posts, read 1,304,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorcerer68 View Post
Yeah, I've noticed in the OC that in the huge flat part, the air just kinda sits there. Fortunately it's not like that here. I mostly avoid the OC but I do love Laguna Beach.
Thanks. You answered a question I was just pondering. I think I'm headed to Laguna Beach tomorrow. It's also cool to hear that the weather does indeed change. Can't wait to experience the whole year of LA. Coming from the southeast as I do I can tell you I still appreciate July and August. It seems like Los Feliz is usually cooler than the LA temps I see posted everywhere. Maybe it's just me. Either way, I love it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or