U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 03:52 PM

352 posts, read 431,407 times

Advertisements

You can always post a sign like this :

maybe that would help ? !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2008, 05:32 PM

7,475 posts, read 19,603,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAGuy View Post
If you ever go to the rich area(westwood), you will see "no parking" for non-resident people, but the resident are allowed to park there 24/7. How they manage to keep their street clean is beyond me.

I have went to very nice areas in Palos Verdes where there isn't any "No Parking sign". Usually those places where "No parking" sign doesn't exist are better than than places where there is the "No parking" sign.
I ask again, do you live in an incorporated city, or an unincorporated area? If you don't have street cleaning, you must live in an unincorporated area. If you llive in a city, you definately have street cleaning.
I would guess, since you can park 24/7, you live in one of those areas. If so, try calling a cop, fireman or ambulance. The surrounding cities will flip a coin, and whomever loses might get by there in a week or so, if they aren't too busy..
Those areas can be very small, scattered around the city nowhere close to any county services. Taxes are cheaper, but there is a reason for it....

Old 09-01-2008, 01:06 AM

1,297 posts, read 4,939,770 times
This happens everywhere. My parents home, front lawn, had the same problem several years ago. Just a few incredibly selfish neighbors do this and think northing of it, deny it, and dismiss it. We set up a camera and determined who they were.

On another note, there is a group of horseowners in the canyons who dont pick up their horse poop. For some reason the horse hits a certain driveway at least once a week. It is stunning what some people will do and what some others will put up with.

Old 09-01-2008, 04:31 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,084,325 times
my street is mostly SFR and i know alot of my neighbors. that helps alot. the problem dog/owner, seem to not get on with anyone around here. my neighbors all get along. we watch out for eachother. BBQ together. walk the kids home from school for eachother. its good.
with the problem house, its just civil, but this is not the first time those inconsiderate neighbors have had problems around the block.
usually talking to people works. i'd rather talk it out. sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. best advice is to know your neighborhood and your neighbors.
and put up signs.
ask your immediate neighbors if they have had the same problems. see if theyve seen anything.
its tough when your not home a lot. but making good niegbors helps a lot.

its like that neighborhood watch motto.

if i dont call the cops
my neighbor will.
best of luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAGuy View Post
i live in a residental area with ZERO Apartments nearby. The closest apartment is like 5 blocks away. I seriously doubt those people would walk that far to my very isolated area and have their dog pooped in my yard.

Old 09-02-2008, 01:07 AM

4 posts, read 27,521 times
I know it is amazing... You would think that when people have animals, and I am an animal lover, that they are sensitive to the needs of something other than themselves!
I had the same problem, and I had confronted the owner of a neighbor whose dog would make a deposit at the front of my home... I was polite and reasonable, but what options do we have when you cannot reason with another living thing who is ignorant? Sadly, there is not too many options.
Make a long story short, I had to clean up the dog's dropping; and being fair, I simply deposited the droppings on the mat of front door of their home.
Ironically enough, the dog no longer makes a deposit in front of my home.

Old 09-02-2008, 10:59 AM

1,719 posts, read 6,036,028 times
We don't have street cleaning either...I actually prefer it this way. There are no signs posted so that we have to move our cars for half a day to the other side. And, we actually all keep our fronts looking nice so there really isn't a need for the cleaning. Although, the sweeper does come every so often because when I worked nights I use to hear it, but if a car is parked it simply goes around. My g/f house...now the city of San Fernando SUCKS. It's like Burbank...nuff said.

As far as the doo-doo, hopefully you can catch them in the act. That's a real shame...

And the loud honking? I use to have nightly encounters with a girl, and she lived in Canoga Park, and people use to honk all the time. I guess if you don't have a cell phone, but it does get annoying.

Old 09-02-2008, 01:02 PM

13,069 posts, read 21,200,893 times
I have not had this problem ever since I put up the fence. I have also been able to curb the other intruders from entering my property. The deposits left by the junk mail carriers have interestingly also subsided significantly (I guess it is not worth their while to find a way to deliver X, so they just skip my house and head for the next). Solicitors have also finally kept away for the most part (the no soliciting sign works to some extent too).

I have not regretted the money invested in fencing off my property - if you own your home, it is the best investment you can possibly imagine, as far as I'm concerned, and my only regret is that I had not fenced it off earlier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles