U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 10:43 AM

19 posts, read 97,791 times

Advertisements

Good post AV Native. I personally don't think it's "as bad" as some people lead to believe. You can't hide from idiots. They are everywhere and it is a whole shift in society so you are not going to avoid it. Not for long if things don't change. At least there is an effort to make a change in the AV as of late. I choose to support the effort and wish every decent citizen would too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2007, 11:26 AM

46 posts, read 271,110 times
Thumbs up Thanks. . . and yes, I'm no Pollyanna

Thanks, Yolo, for that supportive post. Y' know, it's not as bad as some make it out to be. Some folks just can't stand the Good News, they have to have that incessant drip, drip, drip of the bad news. May God have mercy on them. . .

I wake up every morning and there's a rooster next door acting as my alarm clock. There's rarely any trouble that requires the use of the Sheriff's Department in my part of the Valley. Never a shots fired situation, never a carjacking or a robbery around here. The last burglary was last year, and that was partly the fault of the new resident moving in (not being part of our Neighborhood Watch and having valuables where they shouldn't ever be). It's rare that I see a Sheriff's Deputy squad car around at all.

There's too much watching of television programs and television news, which is skewed badly to drama and unreal situations that rarely happen in the lives of most of those watching. Believing what they see uncritically, the vast majority of folks think things are just going downhill in the Antelope Valley. Well, the fact that I'm still alive after all these decades should be some proof that you can't believe all that programming laced with commercials from TV news and popular TV programming!

And no, Yolo, you can't hide from idiots. You *can* call the Sheriff's Department on them, though! In the last several years, I and my Neighborhood Watch buddies have made a few calls as warranted to take care of problems before they fester and get worse. The result is there is now no more gunshots fired (a one time occurence), no more loud music late at night - or even the day, yards are cleaner, dogs are leashed, mail gets delivered via a group box, bad neighbors move out, and good neighbors move in. What a deal with a little bit of love and care given to a neighborhood, eh? You see. . . active love and concern really *do* pay off in the end. Being disengaged and uncaring results in all kinds of problems. And here's the kicker: I'm sure the value of my house and others around me are worth more as a result! See, I *do* have my act together. Does it take work? You bet it does! Is it worth it? You be the judge!

Of course, AV Native was at Lancaster Baptist Church earlier this year for the kickoff meeting on the "War on Gangs and Crime" movement, and has attended several meetings of the Partners for a Better Palmdale movement sponsored by the City of Palmdale. AV Native strongly supports Bob Woodson and his Center for Neighborhood Enterprise which the City of Palmdale has brought onto the scene, and hopes others get involved in that effort as well.

Yolo, you're a great citizen of Our Valley. Kudos to you!

s/Av Native

Old 12-09-2007, 05:57 PM

2 posts, read 4,909 times
I did got Fire from Sam's Club on August the 28 2002 for no rehire location at 12920 Foothill Bl Sylmar Ca 91342 because I was rude to Member like I hit the Member with a Baskets and call her name on August the 26 2002 because it is too hot in the San Feranado valley I bet the Member from Palmdale Ca want Me fire on August the 26 2002 they won't let Me apologize to Member from Palmdale Ca

Old 12-10-2007, 07:17 PM

2 posts, read 4,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by s123 View Post
The entire Antelope Valley is horrible. Since day one (13 years ago) I hated Palmdale. The people are VERY rude and weird. I still live in Palmdale and can't wait to get out. Palmdale is a waiting room for me.

*I had to erase some of my post due to its depressing content.

Think very hard about Palmdale.
I can't hardy waite to get out of Palmale this summer of 2008 from Tom P Noonan

Old 12-20-2007, 04:14 PM

32 posts, read 174,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumof3 View Post
I'd take a prison anyday over the place I grew up in - We had a nuclear power station, an oil refinery, a place that made the lead in gasoline (when there was lead in gas that is) etc... Yes, Ellesmere Port in the North Western section of the United Kingdom where I grew up had all the dirty, filthy industries....no wonder when I grew up and had my children all 3 of them have learning difficulties...ranging from Autism to problems learning to read properly. You guys don't know how good you have it - people moaning about a prison of all things - GET A LIFE!!!!
LMAO..... your damn right.

Old 12-27-2007, 02:14 PM

3,228 posts, read 5,881,814 times
Quote:
You guys don't know how good you have it - people moaning about a prison of all things - GET A LIFE!!!!
Did you have gangs, guns, and drive bys?

Old 12-27-2007, 10:58 PM

4,354 posts, read 3,622,091 times
Just plain silly, crime stats are readily available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumof3 View Post
Yes, but don't forgot that places like Santa Clarita keep their crime stats under wraps because they are scared stiff of their areas losing the status of "one of the safest places to live in Southern CA". Also, nobody said that Palmdale was 'paradise' it was just a better option for us as We didn't like Santa Clarita and their ridiculous house prices. - also way too crowded as well.

Old 12-28-2007, 04:46 PM

636 posts, read 1,838,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post

The housing market is horrible right now. Homes are still being built in the Area but no one is touching them. If history repeats itself in the area we will see a ton of foreclosers.

The above statement was posted April 2007. This person sure was right!

Old 04-09-2008, 12:43 PM

3 posts, read 12,787 times
you dont want to live in the cheap homes of palmdale, consider the neighborhood. i have been looking there and have remained around 400k for a home in the west side. quartz hill and so forth, if you find a well priced home there its worth it. only there, the crime is what it is. its not what your used to.

Old 04-09-2008, 05:23 PM

1,210 posts, read 146,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allopinion View Post
Wow a lot of negativity towards the antelope Valley. If you don't like it then sell your "cheap" tract home and get out! Your negativity breeds resentment and hatred. Do something about the problem instead of complaining. Join the anti gang meetings and help come to a solution. Help out at the shelters, get involved with your community no matter how ghetto you think it is. Protest with your votes. Trust me when I say that most of us desert rats that have been here 30 years or plus did not want any of you new comers here. You ruined our Joshua trees with your strip malls. You do not know your alphabet so you had to rename our streets. Try to remember that some of us actually like to live here and listening to you whine is exhausting.
There! I have put my 2 cents in..
It's not negativity towards the antelope Valley, Its the truth about the antelope Valley..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles