Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 11:29 AM

71 posts, read 483,177 times

Advertisements

So recently, i got home and saw that a dog pooped in front of my home and the owner did not clean up. What option do i have to remedy this situation? It is illegal not to pick up after your dog?

First the loud honking at 5a.m. then the dog poop in front of my home.

Secondly, my street does not have Street Cleaning. How do i request one?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2008, 04:18 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,664,460 times
where the heck do you live?!?!?! is there a large concentration of apts? usually you find those type of problems in areas that have high numbers of renters.
on my block, the neighbors know each other. we all watch out for each other.
i had a problem like this once. i noticed some dog poo on my yard once(we have no fence). later a neighbor told me that my front door neighbor had let their dog loose and it had come over to do its business on my yard. i didnt make much of it as it had never happened before. then another time i saw with my own eyes the same dog, come over and poo on my lawn again...with my front door neighbor watching!!! i quickly went over and told him to make sure his dog didnt do its mess on my lawn. he semi-apologized and i let it go.
well it happened again!!! with the dog owner watching again.
this time i simply went, picked the poo off the grass, walked across the street and let it drop on the front door neighbors walkway. i then said, "this belongs to you". imobile, my neighbor looked at me incredulously as i walked away.
i never had a problem after that.
this worked for me, but it can very well backfire.
i only did it because the neighbor was truly inconsiderate and knew what his dog was doing. it was blatant. i had discussed the issue with them already. this neighbor has 3 dogs. two of which he takes for walks, and the other on he lets roam. he also does not "curb" his dogs.
as for complaining to the city or county. its possible, but its a waste of time. better to fix the problem in an understanding manner and hope it works.

the other options are to put signs. put up a fence. or electrify your yard... but usually if you know who the culprit is, a good talkin to will do the job.

good luck.

Old 08-30-2008, 04:41 PM

956 posts, read 3,002,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAGuy View Post
Secondly, my street does not have Street Cleaning. How do i request one?
Where do you live, a state park?

Old 08-30-2008, 05:15 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,719,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
this time i simply went, picked the poo off the grass, walked across the street and let it drop on the front door neighbors walkway. i then said, "this belongs to you". imobile, my neighbor looked at me incredulously as i walked away.
i only did it because the neighbor was truly inconsiderate and knew what his dog was doing.
You are very brave!

Old 08-30-2008, 05:26 PM

437 posts, read 2,238,862 times
Welcome to, know one cares about their neighbors at all. Poop, loud music, boom boom boxes going down the street all hours of the nite. Good luck.

Old 08-30-2008, 05:27 PM

i live in a residental area with ZERO Apartments nearby. The closest apartment is like 5 blocks away. I seriously doubt those people would walk that far to my very isolated area and have their dog pooped in my yard.

Old 08-30-2008, 05:29 PM

my street is free of " No Parking". So there is NEVER anyone getting a ticket for parking. The bad news: there is NO street cleaning. I guess it up to me to use water and a broom to brush it away.

Old 08-30-2008, 06:07 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,880,812 times
I have never heard of any place that didn't have street cleaning, unless you live in an unincorporated area, in which case you have more problems than just street cleaning.!
If you live in a city, contact your local City Hall. All cities have street cleaning.
If you are in an unincorporated area, you pay less taxes, and have no services, such as street cleaning, fire service, police service, poo service, etc. Those areas are very rare.

Old 08-30-2008, 08:31 PM

If you ever go to the rich area(westwood), you will see "no parking" for non-resident people, but the resident are allowed to park there 24/7. How they manage to keep their street clean is beyond me.

I have went to very nice areas in Palos Verdes where there isn't any "No Parking sign". Usually those places where "No parking" sign doesn't exist are better than than places where there is the "No parking" sign.

Old 08-30-2008, 10:40 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,114,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
well it happened again!!! with the dog owner watching again.
Good for you. To the OP, that is exactly what I would do, especially since you live in an area with mostly houses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles