U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 08:52 AM

686 posts, read 2,206,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAGuy View Post
My neighbors are hispanic(i have a feeling they trying to do something or make me leave or something--
I can feel the paranoia creeping in. I don't think your neighbors being hispanic has anything to do with it. Turn off the computer and go out and have some human interaction with your neighbors. You will probably find out that they are good people and with a little conversation you can figure these things out. Don't be confronational be neighborly, remember your the new guy on the block. Say somehting like "Some dog keeps pooping in my yard" (can I say crap) or "Some kids were messing around in my back yard." They'll get the point and if you are open to it you will end up making some friends, actual flesh and blood ones. Having friendly, nosy neighbors keeping an eye out for you and your stuff is a good thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 08:55 AM

686 posts, read 2,206,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
They maybe trying to see if you have something worth stealing. They maybe trying to figure out why a gringo lives in their neighborhood. Be careful.
I hope this is sarcasm. I thought of saying something similar but only in jest.

Old 09-04-2008, 12:35 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,078,551 times
cant rep you yet, but good post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetscenes View Post
I can feel the paranoia creeping in. I don't think your neighbors being hispanic has anything to do with it. Turn off the computer and go out and have some human interaction with your neighbors. You will probably find out that they are good people and with a little conversation you can figure these things out. Don't be confronational be neighborly, remember your the new guy on the block. Say somehting like "Some dog keeps pooping in my yard" (can I say crap) or "Some kids were messing around in my back yard." They'll get the point and if you are open to it you will end up making some friends, actual flesh and blood ones. Having friendly, nosy neighbors keeping an eye out for you and your stuff is a good thing.

Old 09-06-2008, 10:23 AM

352 posts, read 431,157 times
Any update on this yet LAguy ? your original post kinda creeped me out !

Old 09-07-2008, 09:59 AM

5,612 posts, read 13,249,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetscenes View Post
I hope this is sarcasm. I thought of saying something similar but only in jest.
It wasn't in jest. I would have said this if the OP was in a Black neighborhood, White neighborhood or Koreatown. How do you think robbers decide who to rob? If the person looking in and being nosy are older it's less likely. But why would you be sulking around someone's house you don't know? If I'm concerned about a "missing" neighbor, I knock on the front door. If I don't get an answer, I leave a note. I would only peek in the window of someone I knew very well.

Old 09-07-2008, 10:06 AM

488 posts, read 1,304,483 times
Yeah, at least you know what you're getting.

Old 09-07-2008, 09:10 PM

168 posts, read 553,162 times
Sounds pretty creepy to me. No one should be looking into your windows. People don't do this unless they're scoping out your house. I'd get a single motion alarm on the main room for starters, a dobie for the back yard, and a good fence if you don't already have one. Chain link is cheap. Just the sound of an alarm blasting into the room, should they break in, ought to get them out quickly. And I'd definitely get some blinds if you don't have them already. And some deadbolts. It costs a little bit, but in the end you'll have some peace of mind. That's what counts.

Old 09-11-2008, 12:58 AM

71 posts, read 420,860 times
So i got home from a long day at work earlier than usual. As i about to open my front door, i saw that same neighbor walking out of my backyard.

I just couldn't believe it. I yelled at him to stop, but he walk off normally back to his home. When he got back to his house, he turn and stare at me. I stare back and smiled. I went inside and view my security camera and bingo found him entering my premise(outside) and just peeking into my home again.

so what should do? go the bad - good cop routine??

Old 09-11-2008, 01:24 AM

1,712 posts, read 5,344,801 times
how would you play the bad cop/good cop routine in this circumstance? Something like.... "You know, I don't actually mind your looking in my window, but my ex-wife sometimes comes around here, and she is always packing heat. I wouldn't want to be near here when she comes by..." ???

Just joking of course.... what good/bad cop are you thinking of employing? Did you ever talk to them before about this situation?

Old 09-11-2008, 02:39 AM

168 posts, read 553,162 times
How is it that this guy can get into your back yard in the first place? Most yards are fenced. Do you not have a lock on your gate? No fence?

I would call the police car to your house, and tell them you want to file a trespass report, even if it's the next day. Show them your video and have them go next door for a warning. Find out what they recommend to do. They're happy to give advice on something like this.

Your neighbor sounds really creepy. If he does something to you, and you have already made a report on him, it'll be easier to nail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles