U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 09:46 PM

71 posts, read 420,698 times

Advertisements

Umm... is there like a law against noisy neighbors staring outside their window and watching me leave or go home and potentially taking the time i leave or return. Or one that goes to back of my house and peek inside my house to see if i am indeed home and make an excuse "oh hey, i haven't seen you in a while, just wanted to make sure you are okay".

Kinda creeps me out. anyone has that problem?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2008, 09:52 PM

1,204 posts, read 3,911,827 times
Call the police and ask. They will be more then happy to tell you the rights you have in the matter.

Old 09-02-2008, 10:53 PM

2,178 posts, read 7,804,133 times
This is called "peeping toms or voyuerism" in most places.
There are laws against it.
Call the police and start making reports.
Those people are up to no good.
If they are entering your property to peek in your windows it is also trespassing.

Old 09-03-2008, 12:14 AM

488 posts, read 1,304,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAGuy View Post
Umm... is there like a law against noisy neighbors staring outside their window and watching me leave or go home and potentially taking the time i leave or return. Or one that goes to back of my house and peek inside my house to see if i am indeed home and make an excuse "oh hey, i haven't seen you in a while, just wanted to make sure you are okay".

Kinda creeps me out. anyone has that problem?
You do have to be careful. I mean even while you were writing this post your blinds were wide open. I could see....I mean.....you should keep your blinds closed. I am glad you are OK.

Old 09-03-2008, 07:29 AM

5,612 posts, read 13,245,233 times
I would tell them to stay off of my property and that I will file a restraining order and sue for violation of privacy if they come back. And I would keep track of these occurences in case I needed to follow through with my threat.

Old 09-03-2008, 07:42 AM

1,712 posts, read 5,343,199 times
Maybe they are checking to see if the coast is clear for Fido to take his daily constitutional....

You're really having a time with your neighbors, aren't you? Is this the same set of neighbors over and over?

Old 09-03-2008, 08:43 AM

1,725 posts, read 5,939,343 times
I agree with timelesschild. It sounds like you have a laundry list of problems where you live.

As for your neighbors, before you go over the top and call the cops, try something original . . . TALK WITH THEM! Tell them that is seems that they're inordinately interested in your comings and goings and ask them if it's just your imagination or if there's something they want to know. It doesn't sound like they're particularly threatening so I think the direct approach is the best first step.

Old 09-03-2008, 03:07 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,075,346 times
EXACTLY!!!!

talk to your neighbors. get to know them. this helps a lot. tell them you would rather they not go around peeping for fear that they might find you in a compromising position. and if they want to know if you are home, they should come to the front door like normal people. who goes lurking around a house to see if someone is home.

if they dont get it. give them a dose of there own medicine. go to their window to see if they are home. if they spot you. just wave at them.

if that does not work. go buy a nice sex sling, hang it in front of your window. place a gagged blow up doll in it and just wait. maybe that will turn them off from snooping and being NOSEY.
or it might turn them on...

good luck. and wait on alerting the authorities. see if you can handle this on your own by talking to your neighbors. the last thing the cops need is a flood of phone calls from you complaining about claxons, and dog poo and peeping toms.

do you think someone is tryin to get you to move?
this almost sounds like an I Love Lucy episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTGJR View Post
I agree with timelesschild. It sounds like you have a laundry list of problems where you live.

As for your neighbors, before you go over the top and call the cops, try something original . . . TALK WITH THEM! Tell them that is seems that they're inordinately interested in your comings and goings and ask them if it's just your imagination or if there's something they want to know. It doesn't sound like they're particularly threatening so I think the direct approach is the best first step.

Old 09-04-2008, 12:57 AM

71 posts, read 420,698 times
a particular neighbor. i suspect their dog is pooping in front of my yard as well. i will setup camera. I will also tell them not to PEEK into my home EVER again and if they want to "see" if i am "okay", they better knock on my FRONT DOOR(not go AROUND and knock at my back door while peeking into my house). I will record this incident and future one, thx guys.

My neighbors are hispanic(i have a feeling they trying to do something or make me leave or something--

Old 09-04-2008, 07:41 AM

5,612 posts, read 13,245,233 times
They maybe trying to see if you have something worth stealing. They maybe trying to figure out why a gringo lives in their neighborhood. Be careful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles