U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2008, 11:52 AM

5,113 posts, read 17,028,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
Dont think so. You probably live out in the boondocks Orange County where you may see them a lot, but not over the Valley. Saw the same two helicopters over Mailbu yesterday as well.
well if next to long beach is the boondocks i guess you got me pegged

there are at least a half dozen military bases in the la area. if anything was truly wrong you can be sure the media would have said something by now even if the government is silent. there is no change at the limited gate security at the base by my house, which leads me to believe there is no threat. just training excersizes.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2008, 05:45 PM

7 posts, read 17,601 times
Getting the people ready for martial law!

abc7.com: Nichols Canyon residents take part in preparedness drill 9/06/08

You don't need a chinook to run fire evacuation drills. By the way the two largest mortgage companies are now penny stocks. What's to come?

Old 09-08-2008, 07:47 PM

686 posts, read 2,204,503 times
Anniversary of 9/11 is coming up this week. My guess is training excercises. No major fires in the area so that couldn't be it. The helicopters usually don't freak me out, but when I hear military jets that gets to me. I still remember after 9/11 when all air traffic was grounded and you could hear the fighter jets cris-crossing the area all night long.

Old 09-08-2008, 08:46 PM

5,903 posts, read 6,352,776 times
Yah....I was on the balcony in Woodland Hills and saw them around the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
Did anyone else notice the two twin propeller military helicopters that have been flying over the Valley all day today?

This is a very odd sight so I am trying to get some info from some friends in law enforcement to see if there is anything going on.

As of right now 10:00PM they flew over Woodland Hills again.

Old 09-08-2008, 09:19 PM

Just saw one right now flying westbound over chino hills.

9/8/08 20:17

9/11 is 3 days away.

Old 09-08-2008, 11:18 PM

1 chinook flying eastbound over Walnut area.

9/8/08

Old 09-09-2008, 01:18 AM

6 posts, read 16,797 times
Default Marshal Law Revisited

Quote:
Originally Posted by j760 View Post
I think some of you are overreacting.
Perhaps. Although, about a month ago, my husband and I were driving home from San Diego and noticed heavy equipment being loaded onto carriers just off the coast of Camp Pendleton. We assumed it was a training exercise. About a week later, the war broke out in Georgia, and the US was sending "humanitarian aid" to the Black Sea.

Maybe that was it, maybe it wasn't. With the state of the world currently, and the amount of information withheld from the public, can you say, with absolute certainty, that something is out of the question?

Yes, the ****'s going to hit the fan, whether tomorrow or a year from now. The evidence is all around us, slapping us in the face. Of course it can happen to us, it would be ignorant to think otherwise.

"Overreacting?" I think the term is subjective.

Old 09-09-2008, 06:31 AM

686 posts, read 2,204,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shpionka View Post
Perhaps. Although, about a month ago, my husband and I were driving home from San Diego and noticed heavy equipment being loaded onto carriers just off the coast of Camp Pendleton. We assumed it was a training exercise. About a week later, the war broke out in Georgia, and the US was sending "humanitarian aid" to the Black Sea.

Maybe that was it, maybe it wasn't. With the state of the world currently, and the amount of information withheld from the public, can you say, with absolute certainty, that something is out of the question?
They do those excercises all the time at Pendleton, although less lately because all of our boys are over in Iraq or Afghanistan. Was it the Kinks? "paranoia, they destroy ya" (If that song rambles through your head all day you can blame me)

Old 09-09-2008, 11:44 AM

422 posts, read 1,563,924 times
Anyone see any cameras? Could be a movie shoot.

Old 09-09-2008, 01:53 PM

15,370 posts, read 25,573,172 times
Wow I am amazed. The nation is fighting two wars as we speak and people within the forum are concerned about militiary helicopters flying around in an area with plenty of military bases and aerospace contractors. In addition the area is home to a few places that make movies from time to time. I grew up near two military bases in Ventura County. (They have since merged into a single base with two locations now called Navel Base Ventura County.) Fly byes are a normal part of the action and I grew up loving that. Now in Arizona we have a home by Luke Airforce base and the same goes on there. Nothing cooler than a high performance military aircraft flying around. Someone mentioned seeing a couple Helicopters near Malibu. Point Mugu Naval Air Base, which is now part of naval Base Ventura County is near Malibu.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or