U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 02:33 PM

1,150 posts, read 2,289,804 times

Advertisements

When I lived in Hollywood last year, there were helicopters going by overhead morning, noon, and night. Not being used to the noise and distraction, I really didn't care for it, very un-peaceful and unpleasant.

None of those copters where Chinooks though...hmmm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2008, 02:38 PM

11,715 posts, read 35,005,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
Wow I am amazed. The nation is fighting two wars as we speak and people within the forum are concerned about militiary helicopters flying around in an area with plenty of military bases and aerospace contractors. In addition the area is home to a few places that make movies from time to time. I grew up near two military bases in Ventura County. (They have since merged into a single base with two locations now called Navel Base Ventura County.) Fly byes are a normal part of the action and I grew up loving that. Now in Arizona we have a home by Luke Airforce base and the same goes on there. Nothing cooler than a high performance military aircraft flying around. Someone mentioned seeing a couple Helicopters near Malibu. Point Mugu Naval Air Base, which is now part of naval Base Ventura County is near Malibu.
Well at least where I live in Orange County, military aircraft are not a common sight. I'm not too far from Los Alamitos and I'll occasionally see a C-17 going in or out of there or maybe see a couple of helicopters passing through along the coast presumably headed to or from Miramar. Seeing Chinooks zig zagging all over the LA basin is not common. I saw what looked like a Cobra today over Fullerton around lunch. That's not common either. I wish El Toro was still in business because I loved seeing F-18's and C-5's.

Old 09-09-2008, 02:50 PM

47 posts, read 81,787 times
It's 09/09/08 and at 1:48pm I saw two of them fly over my house in Granada Hills... again.

Old 09-09-2008, 03:14 PM

488 posts, read 1,303,079 times
They all said I was crazy.....

Old 09-09-2008, 03:30 PM

6 posts, read 16,795 times
Default Crimeny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetscenes View Post
They do those excercises all the time at Pendleton, although less lately because all of our boys are over in Iraq or Afghanistan. Was it the Kinks? "paranoia, they destroy ya" (If that song rambles through your head all day you can blame me)
Oh, geez! Fine, I give up.

Old 09-09-2008, 03:34 PM

6 posts, read 16,795 times
Default Ok Folks-

This is day four of the military fly-overs in the Valley. I live in Toluca Lake (North Hollywood), and a Marine helicopter JUST flew directly over my house, not more than 200ft. up. It was so close, I could see every detail on it's belly.

This is weird, and nobody has a solid answer. I could choose not to overreact, but then, what fun would that be?

Old 09-09-2008, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shpionka View Post
This is day four of the military fly-overs in the Valley. I live in Toluca Lake (North Hollywood), and a Marine helicopter JUST flew directly over my house, not more than 200ft. up. It was so close, I could see every detail on it's belly.

This is weird, and nobody has a solid answer. I could choose not to overreact, but then, what fun would that be?
Exactly! Has no one seen Planet of the Apes? This kind of lackadaisical attitude will benefit no one but our inevitable new overlords. We need action!

Old 09-09-2008, 05:44 PM

686 posts, read 2,204,112 times
Let's see. Chinooks flying over the valley...overlords from Planet of the Apes...potential anarchy and catastrophe...anniversary of 9/11...

I know. It all has to do with that missing Chimp Moe who escaped from his "animal resuce" in Devore. He must be the missing link. And that wasn't an "animal rescue" it was a CIA black site prison. I'm glad us CD geniuses have figured this out, can someone call king george.

Old 09-09-2008, 09:13 PM

6,474 posts, read 10,033,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antar803 View Post
Getting the people ready for martial law!

abc7.com: Nichols Canyon residents take part in preparedness drill 9/06/08

You don't need a chinook to run fire evacuation drills. By the way the two largest mortgage companies are now penny stocks. What's to come?
I know you're joking about the martial law, but you watch how fast it happens.

There are too many shady things going on for it NOT to.

Yes, I believe the conspiracy "theories".

Old 09-09-2008, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetscenes View Post
Let's see. Chinooks flying over the valley...overlords from Planet of the Apes...potential anarchy and catastrophe...anniversary of 9/11...

I know. It all has to do with that missing Chimp Moe who escaped from his "animal resuce" in Devore. He must be the missing link. And that wasn't an "animal rescue" it was a CIA black site prison. I'm glad us CD geniuses have figured this out, can someone call king george.
I believe this to be a sound theory indeed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or