U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 02:18 AM

6 posts, read 16,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msnorman67 View Post
Exactly! Has no one seen Planet of the Apes? This kind of lackadaisical attitude will benefit no one but our inevitable new overlords. We need action!
Oooooh-"Inevitable Overlords." I like the sound of that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2008, 02:21 AM

6 posts, read 16,799 times
Default Thank You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomMusing View Post
I'm not really sure I understand why people are being made fun of for reporting something that's actually happening. I'm new around LA, but from what I gather, it's not normally to have military helicopters flying around the valley for 4 days, is it?

My neighbor who has lived in her house since the 70's, made a comment to me yesterday saying that she's never seen those type of copters flying around like that in this area and she's wondering what's going on.

It's one thing if it happened once, but I've seen them and heard them everyday since Saturday and I'm not the only one, seeing as they are being reported all over the valley area.

Now, does that mean some great big conspiracy? Martial law? Who knows, maybe it's just training exercises, but the point is, it's got people curious enough to realize it's not a normal occurrence in the area.

Is it keeping me up at night? Hell no, but if what others say is true, and it's not normal to see these helicopters in the skies above the Valley for 4 days now, then it does peak my curiosity.
Thank you, Random Musing, for actually having a brain in your head. This is day FIVE of the military flyovers in North Hollywood. No, this is not usual activity. My ex-Marine husband doesn't even have an explanation.

Old 09-11-2008, 06:22 AM

21,902 posts, read 20,899,510 times
Maybe I've missed something...why is everyone talking about martial law? Is something going on that some of us are unaware of? I would be thinking more along the lines of the 9/11 anniversary and perhaps them taking security measures, "just-in-case". I would imagine it is not only in Los Angeles or CA but in many major cities across the US!!! Although I've not heard anything about this it would make more sense to me. This time of the year, 9/11, brings a lot of tension to the US and for good reasons!

Old 09-11-2008, 11:46 AM

488 posts, read 1,303,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Maybe I've missed something...why is everyone talking about martial law? Is something going on that some of us are unaware of? I would be thinking more along the lines of the 9/11 anniversary and perhaps them taking security measures, "just-in-case". I would imagine it is not only in Los Angeles or CA but in many major cities across the US!!! Although I've not heard anything about this it would make more sense to me. This time of the year, 9/11, brings a lot of tension to the US and for good reasons!
Now this is having a brain in a head.

Old 09-11-2008, 11:50 AM

2,765 posts, read 6,373,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antar803 View Post
Apache over Fullerton? Can anyone else confirm this?

Martial law is no joke folks. You just watch!

I am watching, and what I'm seeing is you looking like someone who is making absolutely no sense. This is a very entertaining thread though, I'll give you guys that.

Old 09-11-2008, 01:16 PM

15,370 posts, read 25,579,836 times
Hey guys I just saw a Cessna fly over head. Can someone tell me what that means?? Could be a bad situation. Yesterday I saw dozens of aircraft flying over the 405 south of the I10. Can any one tell me what is going on?? Looks like most of them were landing down there. I am getting kind of scared now.

Old 09-11-2008, 06:40 PM
GDP

2 posts, read 5,843 times
Over the last 2-3 weeks, in and around downtown LA, Hollywood, and Glendale, I've seen Marine-gray CH-53s, CH-46s (both transport helicopters) and AH-1 attack helicopters. I've seen all of the above on several occasions (though not at the same time). I grew up on, and around, military bases, so I'm no stranger to military aircraft flying around. That said...

I'm tellin' ya, it's strange. I moved to LA in June of 2001, and have never seen this much activity. I've seen six 9/11 anniversaries pass with nary a peep in regards to increased military air traffic over the aforementioned areas. Now, I don't think martial law is imminent or any of that nonsense, but it is very much out of the ordinary.

Old 09-11-2008, 06:44 PM
GDP

2 posts, read 5,843 times
Forgot to mention, they've all been flying very low. A CH-53 flying low overhead is quite a site (and sound) to behold.

Old 09-11-2008, 06:56 PM

686 posts, read 2,204,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDP View Post
Forgot to mention, they've all been flying very low. A CH-53 flying low overhead is quite a site (and sound) to behold.
Any one have a picture of one of these military aircraft flying over there house. As long as this thread has been going I have not seen one of these helicopters flying around.

Old 09-11-2008, 06:58 PM

305 posts, read 1,518,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetscenes View Post
Any one have a picture of one of these military aircraft flying over there house. As long as this thread has been going I have not seen one of these helicopters flying around.
Maybe it's a mass conspiracy...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or