U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 07:32 PM

2,498 posts, read 10,272,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by King0fthehill View Post
Maybe when the Gold Line Extension opens I'll swing by there.

I posted all these pictures and all you're doing is complaining? Geez, let me see you step up to the plate then.

Until then, you have no validity.
Those are amazing photos and you should be applauded for doing a great job at taking photos. It is rude that people don't appreciate the beauty of your photos and the skills you have. I love how you captured the moments especially. Thank you for showing them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2008, 07:50 PM

2,317 posts, read 6,870,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King0fthehill View Post
Maybe when the Gold Line Extension opens I'll swing by there.

I posted all these pictures and all you're doing is complaining? Geez, let me see you step up to the plate then.

Until then, you have no validity.
I will give you credit for being a good photographer, but I stand by my earlier post.

Old 09-07-2008, 08:12 PM

2,498 posts, read 10,272,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backdrifter View Post
I will give you credit for being a good photographer, but I stand by my earlier post.
You should read this thread from the LA forum: LA County Neighborhoods Categorized by Class

The poster on that thread did an excellent job and it categorizes all of Los Angeles County from poor to rich zip codes. You will notice that there is a signifigant population of middle class to rich so it is not like the photos only represent a place where only 50,000 people live. Millions of people live in nice neighborhoods and communities in LA County, just like the ones photos show. It is not like the county is 85% ghetto and 15% nice and the photos are that biased. I do agree that photos of the ghetto/rough neighborhoods of LA would show the "whole picture", but don't also assume the vast majority is ghetto.

Old 09-07-2008, 08:29 PM

2,317 posts, read 6,870,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missionhome View Post
You should read this thread from the LA forum: LA County Neighborhoods Categorized by Class

The poster on that thread did an excellent job and it categorizes all of Los Angeles County from poor to rich zip codes. You will notice that there is a signifigant population of middle class to rich so it is not like the photos only represent a place where only 50,000 people live. Millions of people live in nice neighborhoods and communities in LA County, just like the ones photos show. It is not like the county is 85% ghetto and 15% nice and the photos are that biased. I do agree that photos of the ghetto/rough neighborhoods of LA would show the "whole picture", but don't also assume the vast majority is ghetto.
I don't assume it's mostly ghetto, and I know it's not because I have been in and around LA more times than I can remember and been there for months at a time. It's just that much of LA is endless strip malls and anonymous 50s-70s stucco houses. That's more common than the photos shown, which I will say again, are really well done.

I suppose I didn't give much context for my original comment and I didn't intend for my original comment to put down the OP. That was a little one-sided of me. My apologies for that.

Old 09-07-2008, 08:48 PM

521 posts, read 1,488,878 times
People are such haters.
"Let me show you what LA is really like," people...grow up.
The others: "move this to the LA forum." These people are usually the ones who always hate on LA. They completely ignore the fact that LA has some of the most amazingly beautiful areas. They'd rather pretend like it doesnt exist.

Awesome job OP. Especially in showing a variety of what LA is like.
Cant wait to move back.

Old 09-08-2008, 08:40 AM

11,158 posts, read 22,303,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
As somebody who likes LA (and I'm sure many LA forumers would agree) you really turn people off to LA. I don't think people dislike the city itself, but the city is only a skeleton. The people who live in it are the living breathing source of any cities core.

Don't be another reason people dislike LA. LA is a great city, don't give it a bad name.
I have to agree. I think of all the "boosters" on this forum, he hands down turns everyone off and makes his hometown come off worse than anyone else on here. I actually find it less offensive and annoying than others though, just because of the severity of the "overdoing" it factor. You just have to chuckle and roll your eyes.

Old 09-08-2008, 08:49 AM

20,005 posts, read 69,286,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesside View Post
People are such haters.
"Let me show you what LA is really like," people...grow up.
The others: "move this to the LA forum." These people are usually the ones who always hate on LA. They completely ignore the fact that LA has some of the most amazingly beautiful areas. They'd rather pretend like it doesnt exist.

Awesome job OP. Especially in showing a variety of what LA is like.
Cant wait to move back.
Well, others of us created specific picture threads about places like Chicago, NYC, etc, and those were promptly moved to their respective boards, why is this one any different?

Old 09-08-2008, 12:20 PM

705 posts, read 3,042,995 times
Yes, the Los Angeles Forum does have a specific thread for pictures and videos as well, but the OP decided to post his thread on the General U.S. for some reason. I personally dont mind, whether its LA, Nashville, Chicago or any other town/city. Just shows how unsupervised the General U.S. forum really is.

Old 09-08-2008, 12:27 PM

594 posts, read 934,410 times
Man, Sammy Hagar looks like hell.

Old 09-08-2008, 12:36 PM

2,775 posts, read 10,709,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineKnownAsLosAngeles View Post
dude your gonna be a cop and your threatening citizens just because they defend where they live?

u have problems
I'm not threatening anybody, I'm stating the fact that if you bring that "LA rules" stuff to West Philly, they're not going to take it... Neither will New Yorkers in NY, Jerseyans in Jersey, DCans in DC, Baltimorians in Baltimore, ATLiens in Atlanta, Miamians in Miami, Houstons in Houstons, New Orleansians in New Orleans, NoVans in NoVa, Bostonians in Beantown, Detroitans in Detroit, Chicagoans in Chicago, St. Louians in St. Louis, etc.

Fact is, the West Coast is the safest region in the country outside of maybe New England. And New England has rough parts in Hartford, Providence, Bridgeport, New Haven, and Boston (Dorchester). You act tough in LA, but in Miami... You're not a big Wesuyeed homie anymore.

I don't want anything bad to happen to anybody, but people like you are too cocky... You think you're so great, you're sweet, you walk through Philly at night with your nose up and then they give it to ya. I'm not threatening you, I'm letting you know that it's a dangerous world we live in. I'd keep that LA attitude in LA if I were you. I brought my NY attitude to Syracuse once, and they gave it to me verbally... NYC, Philly, or Baltimore may handle it a little differently for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles