U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 12:33 PM

938 posts, read 3,569,096 times

Advertisements

I always see alot of confusion about what l.a looks like, so here are some snapshops (all taken by me) taken throughout this summer.

Areas included:Beverly Hills,Century City,Chinatown,Downtown,Fairfax District,Hollywood,Koreatown,Mid-Wilshire/Miracle Mile,Pasadena and Westwood.

Enjoy!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2008, 12:39 PM

2,775 posts, read 10,567,264 times
There's something we call the "Los Angeles Forum" here. If I wanted to look at these, I could scroll down, click on Los Angeles in the proper section, and look.

Old 09-07-2008, 12:50 PM

5,256 posts, read 12,560,790 times
These pics belong here and they are absolutely fantastic. Show us more. Show the world more of this beautiful and unique metropolis.

Old 09-07-2008, 12:51 PM

13 posts, read 47,078 times
Nice pictures, happy you was allowed in certain areas of our los angeles state to take pictures, the last time I held a protest in front of the Chinese theater the police set rules, I think you did a great job.

"GOOD JOB"

My table in the backyard part of the good old sunny http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f5/misty4m/sun_playing.gif (broken link) los angeles, LOL, took this picture two years ago, but the table was sold .

Old 09-07-2008, 12:53 PM

2,775 posts, read 10,567,264 times
Wow, forget it. I'm only speaking to myself...

Old 09-07-2008, 01:06 PM

3,940 posts, read 13,065,751 times
Fantastic pictures!

Old 09-07-2008, 01:21 PM

4,383 posts, read 15,036,042 times
Incredible photos.

But i still don't know what LA looks like because it doesn't have a distinct look like many other cities.lt's too much of a mixture of looks to be it's own look

Old 09-07-2008, 01:48 PM

304 posts, read 813,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
There's something we call the "Los Angeles Forum" here. If I wanted to look at these, I could scroll down, click on Los Angeles in the proper section, and look.

yet you clicked on the thread so you obviously did wan to see the pics....

Old 09-07-2008, 03:29 PM

705 posts, read 2,995,341 times
Beautiful Set of Pictures
Since KOTH began the thread I will post more of his collections.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofthehill View Post
With 2 of my good friends out of town and my sole class letting out at 10AM, I've taken upon myself the obligation to photograph new areas of LA.

This exemplifies just that, with the following being Old Town Pasadena, a trendy, chic, /insert any word for uppity/, area consisting mainly of shopping boutiques (some higher end places too, such as Tiffany's), upscale restaurants, european-esque outdoor cafes and body shops.

So I rode by bike to the Fairfax/Wilshire bus station and boarded a Metro Rapid bus to the Wilshire/Western terminal to catch the Metro Purple Line to Union station. I had a bizzare ride there, being cursed/voodoo'd/etc by some eccentric Roman Catholic Hispanic lady singing biblical verses and poking people 3 times. :shrug: No thanks.

Union Station was crowded, as usual:

So I caught LA's Gold Line Light rail to Pasadena

I got off at the Del Mar station, which was cool because it was built below some condos

As soon as you board, you are greeted by this. Looks very Southwestern in appearance.

OTP has a rather healthy stock of art deco buildings, most in good condition, often donning new windows and bright colors--reminiscent of Miami

The sight of seeing old buildings being refurbished is soooo New York to me

The orange glow on the side of this building reminded of buffalo wings

The whole area was littered with little indie shops, selling everything from teas to iron

Some chains, too

The average street looked like this, except for the ones removed from the main street, which had lush, shady trees

Not long after, I wandered over to Pasadena City Hall

Permit Center

City Auditorium

This was something of significance....but I forgot. It could easily pass for a building in Paris or Buenos Aires.

A new library...

New Condoz

I call this the Iron Man building

Shopping mall

Aww

This one another of the Gold Line stations that were anchored by condos (called TOD's-transit oriented developments)

fgreghdfhg

sleek

Ride home

Koreatown

To cope with booming demand, Metro is pressing local buses onto Rapid Routes (hence 7xx route number)

I welcome our new overlords

Subway

Road dog--thanks

Peace!

Next stops: Silverlake, South Pasadena and Highland Park! :whip:

Old 09-07-2008, 03:32 PM

705 posts, read 2,995,341 times
Default Los Angeles 101

Heres another set of pictures by KingOfTheHill

Los Angeles 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofthehill View Post
After

Beverly Hills
Pasadena
LA Summer Mish Mash 1 & 2

I bring you Downtown (South Park & Jewelry District) and Century City with a sprinkling of Westwood thrown in. All taken in the past 2 days...

Enjoy!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles