Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2008, 11:30 AM

1,203 posts, read 4,417,589 times

Advertisements

I was thinking about going down to take some pictures(i heard it has good views) and was wondering if anyone had been there. Will I be able to just park my car and walk around or it is hiking style? Is it really busy during the day?

What's the best way to get there? I was thinking 101S to Alvarado to Sunset to Elysian Park Drive...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2008, 12:10 PM

1,720 posts, read 6,725,586 times
Don't go on a Sunday during the summer or you might not like the lowriders and gangster looking people.

I always take 5S but I come from the Valley. I exit Stadium Way. Just mapquest it to find a good entrance. I actually like the back way coming down Elysian Dr. but I am unfamiliar with those streets. Expect to hike a small amount.

Old 09-18-2008, 07:33 PM

1,162 posts, read 3,235,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry For Cheese View Post
Don't go on a Sunday during the summer or you might not like the lowriders and gangster looking people.

I always take 5S but I come from the Valley. I exit Stadium Way. Just mapquest it to find a good entrance. I actually like the back way coming down Elysian Dr. but I am unfamiliar with those streets. Expect to hike a small amount.
I love the area around Radio Hill. Used to take my little brother there on weekends, never any issues, just great views. There is a little butterfly viewing path up there- it was kinda run down last time I was there but certainly unexpected. The botanical garden (kinda misleading, actually) area by the Grace Simons Lodge is nice and there are some nice little areas just up the hills on the Echo Park side.

Old 09-18-2008, 10:01 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,605,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdahammer View Post
I love the area around Radio Hill. Used to take my little brother there on weekends, never any issues, just great views. There is a little butterfly viewing path up there- it was kinda run down last time I was there but certainly unexpected. The botanical garden (kinda misleading, actually) area by the Grace Simons Lodge is nice and there are some nice little areas just up the hills on the Echo Park side.
I enjoy the palm gardens & beautiful subtropical trees in winter. Its a safe park, in part, because the LAPD academy is in the park & Dodger stadium is close by.

Old 09-18-2008, 10:46 PM

1,203 posts, read 4,417,589 times
Thanks everyone. Is there a certain place I shuold park and start from?

Old 09-18-2008, 11:49 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,605,568 times
You can drive to most areas of the park w/ a little hiking to some outlook points.

Old 09-19-2008, 06:57 PM

1,749 posts, read 8,335,624 times
The views! I love those closeup downtown views. Ahhhh....

Old 09-19-2008, 09:48 PM

1,162 posts, read 3,235,438 times
There is a little-used bikeway that dead-ends at Stadium Way, right at an entrance to the park. It's a bit of an adventure to get there: you go up some steps at San Fernando Road and the 110N in Lincoln Heights. Then you are at the start of the bikeway, right next to the freeway. Travel south over the river. You'll then come to a spiral staircase right at the crossroad/confluence of the I5, 110 and the river. It's quite a spot, with some incredible views.

Go up the stairs, then continue down along the path next to the freeway. It's a gradual downhill slope so you start picking up speed pretty fast. Take it to the end, then turn to your left, which is Stadium Way. Then you can head to the park, bike down to Chinatown, the Cornfield, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles