Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 05:15 PM

50,244 posts, read 46,997,454 times

Advertisements

They are all up North, none in SD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2008, 06:24 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,330,688 times
I love them all. The OP asked originally about beaches in California. I know that he meant the LA area from a secondary post. At the same time if others are wondering, my favorites are;

Half Moon Bay. Who wouldn't love to watch the surf at Mavericks. 20 foot surf. If you can't hang you can watch.

Monterey counties Ghost Trees. Good lift, amazing surf. Can be deadly. (Were going to miss you Peter.)

Holloster Ranch is cool if you can get in. All private and our beloved Congresswoman Lois Capps is trying to take the place away from those that live there. Few have surfed there but it still is a great place if you ever can get in.

Rincon is a good spot. What I love about the Santa Barbara county and Ventura County Beaches is the view on a clear day of the Channel Islands. (Also the seven sisters in the Santa Barbara channell that produce all that oil we seem to love so much. Some hate them I think the girls are beautifull.)

The beaches around the Santa Barbara area are cool. The boats off the shore and lots of fun stuff to do around the beach. Rent a bike, skates or what ever. Since the OP wanted to know, lots of ladies in the area as well. My kids love it because the Santa Barbara Zoo is near the beach. Amazing views of the ocean and beach from the zoo.

In Ventura the Pierpont area is cool. Hang out by C street (California Street for the unlearned.) Where C street ends the Pier beggins.

Since I am from the area I love Port Hueneme beach. Grew up there. Kind of touristy now. Not so much as the LA beaches though.

Anything up PCH is nice. Malibu is part of two counties. Not the City proper, but the area. Part of Malibu is in Ventura County and part is in LA County. I kind of like Broad Beach, Paradise Cove, Hanging out near the old Trancas market. Flew by there not to long ago and noticed the name has been changed to yet another owner. Always Trancas to me though. That is where I met my share of stars.

Zuma is always fun. Kind of slows down this time of year though. When I was in High School everyone had to make the trip to Zuma for some fun. Good times.

Santa Monica Pier is very cool. Lots of people and fun.

Can't be a list without the crazy place called Venice. That place is a trip and everyone needs to put it on the visit list.

Down south I like Huntington. That is as far as my adventures take me. San Diego is cool but just haven't had the background to pass around to others.

By the way feel free to critique my use of the language. I use my typing speed as a crutch and neglect to check.

Old 09-30-2008, 07:30 PM

143 posts, read 413,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConsideringLA View Post
you can be defensive all you want - it just reflects poorly on you...

First And Foremost i Don't have Bad Grammar So You Should Watch Wat You Say And Stop Judging you Have No Idea Who I Am So Don't Excuse Me Of Anything..

Old 09-30-2008, 08:36 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,544,859 times
Ummm, we're not "excusing" - nor are we "accusing", which is what you really meant to say, right?

Old 09-30-2008, 10:37 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,606,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
I love them all. The OP asked originally about beaches in California. I know that he meant the LA area from a secondary post. At the same time if others are wondering, my favorites are;

Half Moon Bay. Who wouldn't love to watch the surf at Mavericks. 20 foot surf. If you can't hang you can watch.

Monterey counties Ghost Trees. Good lift, amazing surf. Can be deadly. (Were going to miss you Peter.)

Holloster Ranch is cool if you can get in. All private and our beloved Congresswoman Lois Capps is trying to take the place away from those that live there. Few have surfed there but it still is a great place if you ever can get in.

Rincon is a good spot. What I love about the Santa Barbara county and Ventura County Beaches is the view on a clear day of the Channel Islands. (Also the seven sisters in the Santa Barbara channell that produce all that oil we seem to love so much. Some hate them I think the girls are beautifull.)

The beaches around the Santa Barbara area are cool. The boats off the shore and lots of fun stuff to do around the beach. Rent a bike, skates or what ever. Since the OP wanted to know, lots of ladies in the area as well. My kids love it because the Santa Barbara Zoo is near the beach. Amazing views of the ocean and beach from the zoo.

In Ventura the Pierpont area is cool. Hang out by C street (California Street for the unlearned.) Where C street ends the Pier beggins.

Since I am from the area I love Port Hueneme beach. Grew up there. Kind of touristy now. Not so much as the LA beaches though.

Anything up PCH is nice. Malibu is part of two counties. Not the City proper, but the area. Part of Malibu is in Ventura County and part is in LA County. I kind of like Broad Beach, Paradise Cove, Hanging out near the old Trancas market. Flew by there not to long ago and noticed the name has been changed to yet another owner. Always Trancas to me though. That is where I met my share of stars.

Zuma is always fun. Kind of slows down this time of year though. When I was in High School everyone had to make the trip to Zuma for some fun. Good times.

Santa Monica Pier is very cool. Lots of people and fun.

Can't be a list without the crazy place called Venice. That place is a trip and everyone needs to put it on the visit list.

Down south I like Huntington. That is as far as my adventures take me. San Diego is cool but just haven't had the background to pass around to others.

By the way feel free to critique my use of the language. I use my typing speed as a crutch and neglect to check.
What a great summary! and shows you know the beaches of California.

I spent many summers as a kid in Santa Cruz & body surfed those frigid waters until I turned blue! But we always spent vacations with relatives in LA\Seal Beach where my brothers & I discovered warm water [at least during summer] and surf life popularity. There's nothing quite as enjoyable as body surfing [fins & all] but it can be dangerous esp if the surf breaks radically steep onto the beach. Broken necks at the Wedge are not uncommon

Old 09-30-2008, 10:48 PM

419 posts, read 1,449,458 times
Default Water Quality

Laguna, Zuma, Malibu, South Bay are very clean.

Stay far, far away from the Santa Monica pier.

From LATimes July 29 2008:

Quote:
L.A. County beaches rank high in contamination

Samples were taken from nearly three-quarters of California's public beaches from April through October 2007. Monitors collected most samples from ankle-deep water at least once a week at sites near storm drains or other contamination sources. Across California, these contained unhealthful levels of enterococcus, total coliform and fecal coliform bacteria -- found in human and animal waste -- 7% of the time, down from 12% the previous year. [ConsideringLA note: this is because there has been less rain this year than the year prior]

Bathers in tainted water can contract gastroenteritis, ear infections, skin rashes or other symptoms, Mehta said. Dirty water can flow into the sea from storm drains and sewage systems, especially in rainstorms.
Here is a link to the report with specific beaches:
NRDC: Water Quality at U.S. Beaches

Old 10-08-2008, 02:07 PM

531 posts, read 499,795 times
Thumbs up beaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike121 View Post
I'm sorry. I should be able to let this go, but, I can't.

There should not be an apostrophe in Beache's.
Hey,Mike...I know exactly what ya mean!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-08-2008, 02:14 PM

531 posts, read 499,795 times
hey,ya'll....(yeah,I'm from the south but lived in Malibu as a kid) Is Malibu still"private" or are there any accesses to it now????(I left in 1960) I can still hear the "Whoosh"of the waves coming ashore,tho.'Twas(proper place for an apostrophe,Mike)a great place to live as a kid!!!!

Old 10-08-2008, 02:23 PM

331 posts, read 1,544,494 times
Pismo

Old 10-08-2008, 02:56 PM

35 posts, read 108,704 times
I like Encintas, Leucadia, Carlsbad, Torrey Pines, Mission and Pacific Beach and Oceanside - all in SD.

Zuma is nice here in LA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles