Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 11:09 AM

16,226 posts, read 27,315,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full-Blooded American View Post
These trucks would be okay if they drove south about 135 miles. And they need to get rid of those push carts too. BTW, notice you see neither in neighborhoods such as Beverly Hills, the Palisades, Bel Air, or any other affluent neighborhood. Why is that? Hmm....
Code enforcement - BH, PP, BA would not allow the push carts for a second on their streets - it would immediately cause their property values to drop. Do you really see people who live in those areas wanting to buy a listeria-laced piece of mango on a stick dipped in chili powder? Or an ear of corn rubbed with greasy lard? Not even their hired help would stoop to eating that trash.

Those push cart people tried to peddle their crap in my hood too - someone must have run them off or no one was buying because they stopped showing up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 12:38 PM

3,951 posts, read 7,171,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Code enforcement - BH, PP, BA would not allow the push carts for a second on their streets - it would immediately cause their property values to drop. Do you really see people who live in those areas wanting to buy a listeria-laced piece of mango on a stick dipped in chili powder? Or an ear of corn rubbed with greasy lard? Not even their hired help would stoop to eating that trash.

Those push cart people tried to peddle their crap in my hood too - someone must have run them off or no one was buying because they stopped showing up.
Good!

Old 10-06-2008, 01:15 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,634,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post

i agree, code enforcement. a couple of times i had to wait for a friend in BH and in the neighborhoods just south of wilshire. within 2 minutes of parking and waiting, some security guard was coming by telling me i needed a permit to park on the street. i explained that i was just waiting. he told me i had to move. parking was for residents.

they are pretty strict with code enforcement in these parts of town. building codes, parking, vending, etc.

Old 10-06-2008, 01:19 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,634,319 times
oh, and while i love taco trucks, i was not on their side on this issue.

i think that ELA and florence (the parts of the county most likely affected) need established restaurants that provide a good tax base to the community. not these trucks that come in and leave as they please.

i think its unfair competition.

my solution would be taco truck areas. within certain times(most people end up at a taco truck from 10pm and on anyways.) within a certain distance from established restaurants that pay taxes and utilities and add to a vibrant neighborhood feeling. and with high food safety standards.

thats what i thought. but oh well

Old 10-06-2008, 11:26 PM

1,714 posts, read 6,037,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnoxTown View Post
You know what, I've been in LA for almost 2 months, and I have yet to see one of those...
There are a lot of them on York...

Old 10-08-2008, 01:11 PM

57 posts, read 51,343 times
Taco Trucks are excellent!!! The food is gooood and authentic Mexican or Central American food!!

Old 10-08-2008, 05:14 PM

956 posts, read 2,995,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90266 View Post
Taco Trucks are excellent!!! The food is gooood and authentic Mexican or Central American food!!
And all the authentic third world diseases as well -- it's no wonder our emergency rooms are closing throughout CA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles