U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 10-08-2008, 03:12 PM

24 posts, read 75,255 times
Red face Where is German (Brot) Bread in Los Angeles, Burbank, oder 310 Marina Del Rey

Hallo oder hello. Ich suchen fur deutsches Brot. I am in search for German bread. I use to go to Kalinka in Loz Feliz area but he has closed down. That bread bought there was direct from Germany.

The bread in Germany is healthier for you than Americanish Brot. More dense and full of nuts, seeds, and nutrition. I am looking to travel in my area from Burbank to the beach in Marina del rey area. Any help would be great. I cannot eat this bread here. Indeed it is not bread. I hope one can understand. Thank you for reading.

Maymer

Unread 10-08-2008, 04:48 PM

9,366 posts, read 12,163,509 times
Wilcomen! Try Alpine Village in Torrance - it is made here in the US but it is a German market so you may like what they have. They are located where the 405 and the 110 meet. Big sign - can't miss it.

I would also recommend La Brea Bakery, or Il Fornaio, since they come close to European style bread. I get the seeded baguette at Trader Joe's whenever I go there - quite tasty.

You're right about the bread around here, it is definitely crap - but it is perfect for a peanut butter/jelly sandwich!!

Unread 10-08-2008, 05:52 PM

Thank you DontH8Me. I have tried La Brea Bakery. It does not seem to come close to a German bread. I have eaten Solvang and Alpine village and it is not close to a German standard. It is American way of trying to make German Brot which again American Bread. I fly to Germany soon and stay for a month. I will take advantage of the German bread and will bring mehl und wasser fur brot machen. It does not look good in future. I will still want find place here in Los Angeles area. Bread is important for healthy for is it bowel movement. I notice difference in my skin and body here in America. Very bad skin and body conditions here in Us. DontH8Me what is this Il Fornaio?

Unread 10-08-2008, 06:11 PM

3,052 posts, read 3,260,199 times
Visiting Alpine Village is like dying and waking up in a Germanic heaven!:-)

Unread 10-08-2008, 08:35 PM

3,567 posts, read 1,351,258 times
haha your just too funny.

I am german myself and yeah the bread here is crap. I used to go to a rusian bakery in west hollywood that had also excellent bread!

Unread 10-09-2008, 12:34 PM

1,719 posts, read 4,263,437 times
Where can one get some German Food, besides Alpine Village?

Unread 10-09-2008, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maymer View Post
Thank you DontH8Me. I have tried La Brea Bakery. It does not seem to come close to a German bread. I have eaten Solvang and Alpine village and it is not close to a German standard. It is American way of trying to make German Brot which again American Bread. I fly to Germany soon and stay for a month. I will take advantage of the German bread and will bring mehl und wasser fur brot machen. It does not look good in future. I will still want find place here in Los Angeles area. Bread is important for healthy for is it bowel movement. I notice difference in my skin and body here in America. Very bad skin and body conditions here in Us. DontH8Me what is this Il Fornaio?
Il Fornaio
(Apparently you can order online also if you don't have a retail location near you)

or you can order from here real German bread:

Brinker Breads - Made in Germany!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry For Cheese View Post
Where can one get some German Food, besides Alpine Village?
German food from GermanDeli.com

http://www.californiadeutsche.com/De...ry_Market2.htm

Unread 10-09-2008, 01:27 PM

3,567 posts, read 1,351,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Il Fornaio
(Apparently you can order online also if you don't have a retail location near you)

Deli-Bakery-Market

This is awesome. Thank you for sharing.

I used to eat this bread in Germany

Brinker Mildback 500g (Mixed Wheat Bread)

Absolutely delicious !!!

Unread 10-10-2008, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Il Fornaio

Deli-Bakery-Market
Danke Danke!! Frohe Weihnachten!!
Have a happy Christmas!

Unread 10-10-2008, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maymer View Post
Danke Danke!! Frohe Weihnachten!!
Have a happy Christmas!
Send me a stollen and I'll have a very happy Christmas

I love the kind with the marzipan filling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles