Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 01:46 AM

24,463 posts, read 33,150,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
This will be a hot weekend but today wasn't too bad - 85F where I live. It looks like next week will be sunny & warm - so what else is new?
That is what I got here... 85 degrees.
Still 75 at 11:45 PM. It was down to 69, then the Santa Ana winds kicked up again and raised the temperature.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2008, 01:56 AM

5,032 posts, read 12,573,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
That is what I got here... 85 degrees.
Still 75 at 11:45 PM. It was down to 69, then the Santa Ana winds kicked up again and raised the temperature.
Really strong winds tonight around Santa Barbara [gusts to 70mph] w/ a serious fire in Montecito.

Old 11-16-2008, 03:10 AM

52 posts, read 195,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
I'm reviving this thread. It's November 13th, and it was 90 degrees today! I'm so jealous of people in other parts of the country. The northwest in particular is starting to look rather appealing.
But at least its cooling down at night. Nice to feel a cold breeze coming thru the windows.

LA is mild compared to many other places. Its not too cold nor is it too humid. I've lived in really cold places where the air from your breathe would freeze on your glasses and also hot places where it reaches 125-130 during August. LA is nice ... I don't see what people are complaining about?

Old 11-16-2008, 01:24 PM
nyg

9 posts, read 37,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardala View Post
But at least its cooling down at night. Nice to feel a cold breeze coming thru the windows.

LA is mild compared to many other places. Its not too cold nor is it too humid. I've lived in really cold places where the air from your breathe would freeze on your glasses and also hot places where it reaches 125-130 during August. LA is nice ... I don't see what people are complaining about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
I'm reviving this thread. It's November 13th, and it was 90 degrees today! I'm so jealous of people in other parts of the country. The northwest in particular is starting to look rather appealing.
I don't either.
I live in Belgium (Europe), and here it's always cold, it always rains, sometimes days go by without seeing a beam of sunshine. And that goes for fall, winter, spring AND summer! Really depressing sometimes
The temperature forecasted for tomorrow is 8°C (I think that's about 46F?), and this is considered warm for this time of year. In the summer we rarely go above 25°C (77F). And if it does it's usually followed by some raging thunderstorms as downpayment..
Would you people prefer that over the beautifull weather Cali has almost all year round? If so give me a call, lets schedule an exchange
If I had the chance I would move to California as of tomorrow!

I'm sorry if my english isn't that great

Old 11-16-2008, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyg View Post
I don't either.
I live in Belgium (Europe), and here it's always cold, it always rains, sometimes days go by without seeing a beam of sunshine. And that goes for fall, winter, spring AND summer! Really depressing sometimes
The temperature forecasted for tomorrow is 8°C (I think that's about 46F?), and this is considered warm for this time of year. In the summer we rarely go above 25°C (77F). And if it does it's usually followed by some raging thunderstorms as downpayment..
Would you people prefer that over the beautifull weather Cali has almost all year round? If so give me a call, lets schedule an exchange

Your English is fine!

Everything is relative to each person's preferences. Our lament in SoCal is that the rain season is so short & heat waves this late in autumn just makes life all the more unpleasant. Think about it. Would you really enjoy 90+F\ 32C in mid November? Summer is a long season in California!

Old 11-16-2008, 03:32 PM

24,463 posts, read 33,150,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyg View Post
I don't either.

I don't blame you!

I take advantage of the warm weather when I can. For instance, last Thursday, I could not help going for a bike ride because it was almost midnight and still 75 degrees! It is great jumping onto a bike, wearing just regular pants and a T-shirt and going for a late-night ride. I've done the same thing in the months of Decemeber and January, too. I remember a smiliar night ride in December... 10:30 PM and 70 degrees. (Due to the Santa Ana winds.)

Old 11-16-2008, 03:57 PM
nyg

Quote:
Your English is fine!

Everything is relative to each person's preferences. Our lament in SoCal is that the rain season is so short & heat waves this late in autumn just makes life all the more unpleasant. Think about it. Would you really enjoy 90+F\ 32C in mid November? Summer is a long season in California!
You're right about those preferences.
To be honest, I've never even experienced temperatures like 90F/32C before.
In my ears that sounds like heaven.
Tomorrowmorning I will be scraping of the ice of my car before I go to work, would you enjoy that instead of beautifull weather? And it will only get worse from this point. In a couple of weeks the first snowflakes may fall, and as it already begins to freeze at night, the roads will become truly dangerous.. Not even to mention the salt they scatter that will wreck your car along with the humidity.
But I understand your point, as the continuous rain we have here makes life unpleasant, maybe long periods of heat can trigger the same effect.
Although I prefer your situation anytime..

Old 11-23-2008, 09:04 AM
nyg

This was the view in my backyard this afternoon...

Sorry for the bad quality of the pictures, they were taken by a webcam.

Old 11-23-2008, 01:47 PM

Is this your first snowfall of winter, NYG? Looks beautiful Actually this week is going to be great since the first "real" rain storm moves in. Should be rainy for several days!

Old 11-23-2008, 02:55 PM
nyg

Quote:
Is this your first snowfall of winter, NYG? Looks beautiful Actually this week is going to be great since the first "real" rain storm moves in. Should be rainy for several days!
Yes it is, It's very beautiful. But my mind will probably change when I will be defrosting my car tomorrowmorning..
Actually we really don't get snow that often in Belgium. This is a country of rain . When it snows the temperature fluctuates just above freezing point, so it melts rapidly. When it's freezing it usually doesn't snow at all.
I'm glad you're looking forward to expect rain (Strange people in cali :P)
But I can imagine it's a relief after the fires that took place the past couple of weeks..
If you love rain that much you should move to Belgium, rain all year long...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles