Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 12:15 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,609,698 times

Advertisements

Hollywood Blvd is impossible almost every night but Friday & Saturday nights are over-run with teenagers\ young adults. The LADP routinely close the street to drivers. Why don't more people take the train? But one of the reasons Hollywood Blvd is insanely crowded is the Red Line. People park downtown\ Silverlake & take the train to the blvd. And it has been this way for decades. There are some great old restaurants [Musso & Frank\ Miceli's] but never on a weekend night if you drive

KABC showed the scene in West Hollywood where they are pros at parades; some incredible costumes\ wild people. Colorado blvd was packed w/ party people.

It was so warm last night [maybe that's why it was a little out of control in places. Halloween on a Friday night is dangerous, sad to say
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2008, 12:46 PM

1,213 posts, read 3,608,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
Why don't more people take the train?
More people don't take the train because they have the "I just don't do that" mentality when it comes to public transportation; and that's absolutely ridiculous but that's LA for you. But last night's scene in Hollywood was insane. I've never seen the sidewalks that crowded before and I regularly visit Hollywood Blvd on weekend nights. I've never seen the subway station that crowded before either. It was hard enough taking the train out of Hollywood, I can't imagine what it was like for the poor souls who decided to drive.

Old 11-01-2008, 01:02 PM

2,589 posts, read 8,638,569 times
i went to HK market in koreatown just after 8:00 last night, expecting to have a ***** of a time getting back home smack-dab in the middle of the two areas of activity, but traffic was surprisingly light (except on western ave.). i saw many trick-or-treaters on foot, but vehicle traffic appeared normal for a friday night. i suppose all the revelers got a late start, because they weren't driving to west hollywood between 8 and 9pm.

Old 11-01-2008, 02:45 PM

174 posts, read 516,765 times
I've been to Hollywood and Weho for Halloween during previous years. Weho has a fun street festival but is insanely crowded after about 11 pm (we're talking about shoulder to shoulder crowds across Santa Monica Blvd). Hollywood is dangerous most of the night.

My solution is to go to a club - pay money on-line for a ticket - enjoy professional decorations and music - AND THEN LEAVE at a decent time - like say, 12:30am.

I live in Hollywood and was able to WALK back home last night on Sunset Blvd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles