Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 01:32 PM

218 posts, read 741,536 times

Advertisements

If you want your children to get any form of education... stay away from the LAUSD... stay away from it like the cancer and plague that it truly is.

The students who go to school there don't want to learn, only hang out in gangs, do drugs, and get each other pregnant, and the teachers almost never do their damn jobs, because they're too busy going out on strike for not being paid enough to not do their jobs, and go out on strike. And the students use that as an opportunity to stay out of class, just so they can be seen on the news shouting their loud mouthes off about stuff they don't know or care about.

Not to mention the liberal priorities of the LAUSD. Seriously... if you want your children to learn... avoid Los Angeles. I would never ever enroll my child anywhere in California, let alone the LAUSD... I would love my children too much to inflict that on them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2011, 02:26 PM

1 posts, read 1,446 times
I need help with the same thing. I enjoy my job, but the commute has to go. My home office is in Anaheim, but my territory is Los Angeles. I have a little one about to start Kindergarten. I currently live in Westlake Village and LOVE the beauty of the area, the parks and green belts and the great schools, but the commute (2-3 days a week) has to go! I would love to find a safe neighborhood in between Anaheim and LA that is like Westlake Village. Any suggestions for me too?

Old 04-28-2011, 08:47 AM

5,800 posts, read 6,567,920 times
Fullerton, Yorba Linda & Brea are all wonderful communities to live and/or chold-rearing, but they're all somewhat pricier than Anaheim.

If you could use Metrolink instead of slogging it out on the Santa Ana Freeway three days a week, that would be my suggestion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles